PCI- 1X USB3.0 CARD

no dvd writer or B/L rom

UPS available- APC ES500, UMAX 600, and NUMERIC Didital 600 plus

Now advice me which following PSU better for me for above config

Cosair CMPSU-450VX

Antec EarthWatts EA-430D

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W

COOLER MASTER GX 450W

Above model and service center only available in my area. Also need long term warranty due to high voltage fluctuation.

Please do not go abvoe 500 watts, as 400 sufficient for me.

mitraark

Decrepit
Budget ?

Corsair VX450 is probably the best solution for you , although it might be out of stock :(

Avoid Cooler Master PSUs , i had been recommened to avoid it like a hundred times , it must be that bad.

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
get a 550 W from corsair or cooler master

As many PSU Calculator (Antec psu cal, Coolermaster advance psu cal, Corsair psu cal, Extreme psu cal) said that Minimum requirement is 370 watts. So I prefer only 450 watts.

Budget ?

Corsair VX450 is probably the best solution for you , although it might be out of stock :(

Avoid Cooler Master PSUs , i had been recommened to avoid it like a hundred times , it must be that bad.

This is my best choice as 5 years warrenty and service center nearby, but I heard some UPS does not support or conflict somthing. I dont know much more.

I am not discard tou, just asking you- What about Coolermaster GX450W , new lunch, max. output-540 ( as per manufacter)
GX 450W - Cooler Master
Cooler Master GX 450 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
See, I am not experience like you.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
GX 450 : The fact that we couldn’t pull more than 450 W from is also a double-edged sword. Some users will like that the unit has its protections working at a tight configuration, while others would prefer that the unit had some margin for overloading.

Source : Hardwaresecrets.com

VX450 : If we could summarize this power supply in just one word it would be “wow!”. Together with Antec EarthWatts 500 W this is the best power supply up to 500 W we have ever seen, bringing the best cost/benefit ratio for the average user building a mainstream PC with a good video card, graduating Summa Cum Laude in our tests. You will bring home a relatively inexpensive power supply that even though is sold as being a 450 W unit can deliver up to 570 W at 48º C – in fact Corsair could have easily labeled this power supply as a 500 W unit, but they preferred to stay on the safe side.

Wat s the price quote u've got for CM GX450 PSU?

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
GX 450 : The fact that we couldn’t pull more than 450 W from is also a double-edged sword. Some users will like that the unit has its protections working at a tight configuration, while others would prefer that the unit had some margin for overloading.

VX450 : If we could summarize this power supply in just one word it would be “wow!”. Together with Antec EarthWatts 500 W this is the best power supply up to 500 W we have ever seen, bringing the best cost/benefit ratio for the average user building a mainstream PC with a good video card, graduating Summa Cum Laude in our tests. You will bring home a relatively inexpensive power supply that even though is sold as being a 450 W unit can deliver up to 570 W at 48º C – in fact Corsair could have easily labeled this power supply as a 500 W unit, but they preferred to stay on the safe side.

Wat s the price quote u've got for CM GX450 PSU?

Need your total suggestion, which is better and why ( with technical view) including Antec EarthWatts 500 W (D green) . But Antec EA is for top mount in the cabinet (front air suction horizontal line) as my Cabinet Coolermaster Elit430 has bottom mount PSU, and Corsair VX450 inlet air is from bottom vertical line.

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
What about these two

Seasonic 520W S12II-520 W/80+ Bronze Certification Power Supply

Seasonic 500W S12II-500 Bronze (SS-500GB Active PFC) Power Supply

sparx

TechFanatic
If you dont wish to upgrade your graphics to something monsterous Corsair VX450 is the best solution

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
Budget ?

Corsai VX450 Available at

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified SMPS

Tagan TG500 @3k can also be considered for your pc.

Disadvantag- Warranty less than 5 years, Service center not available & limited user to consult if any problem arise.

দেবাশীষ & sparx
Some days back, I read that some UPS do not support or conflict with this Corsair VX450, is it true ?
No upgrade GPU this is my 2nd GPU, no overclock, no DVD Drive using external.
I replace ram gpu psu due to following problem link given so I want to very clear about PSU

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/140622-blue-csreen.html

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
if you are sure that you wont be going for a card greater in performance than HD 6770 and also if you wont be overclocking your cpu or any major upgrade
then you can go for FSP saga II 500W @ 2k<-- this would be enough i guess

d3p

PowerHouse
দেবাশীষ & sparx
Some days back, I read that some UPS do not support or conflict with this Corsair VX450, is it true ?
No upgrade GPU this is my 2nd GPU, no overclock, no DVD Drive using external.
I replace ram gpu psu due to following problem link given so I want to very clear about PSU

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/140622-blue-csreen.html

IMO if the UPS is not healthy enough or local elcheapo brand, then such cases are common with branded PSU's.

Please mention the UPS brand currently you use.

OP
R

rbp45

Broken In
IMO if the UPS is not healthy enough or local elcheapo brand, then such cases are common with branded PSU's.

When I post this thread all required information to select a PSU given, please go to top of this page.

I have read/browsed a lot of articles on power supply which had made me believe that one should use a pure sive wave UPS with Active PFC based PSU. The UPS I have mentioned is stepped sine wave (impure sive wave ), so its a bad idea to hook it up on Corsair VX450 which has Active PFC. Pure sive wave UPS is a lot expensive (more than putting the CPU + MOBO together). So its difficult for me to buy it and I don't see any PSUs with Passive PFC available. Line Conditioner will not work because we have lots of power cuts here in India which makes UPS a dire need. Any Passive PFC PSU recommended ? Any other solution to my problem ?

Please advice me with technical view.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I've used my VX450 with these UPS w/o any probs,
1. i-ball nirantar 630
2. Numeric 600va
3. APC 600va (currently using)

@OP jus answer this QUES...

Top Bottom