accidently overclocked.

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
I had installed gta 4
but it is not working good
so in anger

I accidently overclocked my Gpu Using catalyst control center .
I can see anything in normal mod. now i am using safe mod and in it i cant open CCC. please help ..

clmlbx

Technomancer
You can try booting from IGP and then reset Card defaults from Catalyst..

hey what is your GPU and MB make and Model ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
use on-board display port and then in bios select IGP(Integrated graphics on motherboard) instead of PCI or pcie... then change catalyst settings for your card to default.

what settings did you change?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
remove u ATI drivers only from the safe mode or use ms-config utility to disable cc from starting up with windows the remove it & re-install

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^not worth @ all, he has a low end GPU.. GTA 4 needs proper High end card so we can talk about FPS, below that If it runs it is more then enough.. on My gts 250 it lags on some places..On initial run for few minutes.

OP
NitrousNavneet

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
Thanks to all
But I moved on other way ,little bit simpler,

formated C and installed 7 again..

Doing every thing from starting.

Can you give me suggestion ,on how can i get best performance in gta4 with this rig.
And how to run it without dvd...?

clmlbx

Technomancer
Thanks to all

well yes it is simplest & straight way to solve some software base problem.. no trouble shooting at all.. :) Did you got display ? I was afraid you might have baked your GPU.

Overclocking is very serious thing and you should do it very carefully.. it can harm your hardware..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to all

Can you give me suggestion ,on how can i get best performance in gta4 with this rig.
And how to run it without dvd...?

you should have used driver sweeper in safe mode ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice siggy layout ;-)

What is this ...?

Driver Sweeper

Driver Sweeper keeps your PC stable and fast with advanced driver removal that ensures the maximal performance of your PC. Driver Sweeper avoids driver conflicts and system failures by removing all previous driver entries. Combined with additional features such as backups and a desktop icon manager, Driver Sweeper offers a complete solution to all your driver needs.

for more info and download ;-)
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

Top Bottom