About Digilite Motherboards

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Friends,I just want to know that ,how are Smartlink Network Systems Products?
I mean their flagship product "DIGILITE" series of motherboards.
Are they reliable or are they crap?
I have no intentions buying one,just want to know about it.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Those boards are gigabyte designs manufactured using a bit lower quality components. Functional, but you shouldn't use them if you intend to upgrade your PC in the future because I have seen absolutely no BIOS support for these boards.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, they have good low-mid range boards.
Also Smartlink handle RMA for brands like Intel, MSI, Zotac, Strontium, Digilink, etc.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Thank you,Friend's : d6bmg;saswat23;AcceleratorX.
In fact,If I intend to buy a budget motherboard (Intel or AMD chipset) it's better to buy "Biostar" motherboards.I am using one(TA785GE 128M;Socket AM2+)since 2010(April),and am fully satisfied....

koolent

Youngling
Gigabyte has the best motherboards. Even on high range too.. You must go for Gigabyte.

Actually Digilite is not worth it..

AcceleratorX

Youngling
In my experience the hierarchy goes something like this:

low end: Biostar/MSI (also ECS and Foxconn if overclocking is not a concern)
low-mid range: MSI/Gigabyte/Asus
Mid-range: Biostar/ASRock/Gigabyte (Asus and MSI often have feature limitations at this price range)

Beyond mid-range any brand provides decent value for money.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^In fact I am waiting for , socket FM2(Trinity) by AMD.
Budget is <= Rs.5,000/-(Maximum)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then just wait - every manufacturer will have some good mobo for Trinity Apus based on A85, A75 and A55 chipset with FM2 socket.

hardtester

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Have been using Digilite motherboard...... for the last 7-8 months. Its H61 chipset and offers features like HDMI/DVI/VGA/8-channel/Gigalan with a good design layout for the board........ Normally plays games with a ATI graphic gig.
AMD based DL-A76MLK is also a very good board.... with 1GB VGA share memory option............ They are offering 2GB VGA share on A55/A75 chipsets also.
Never had issues with service as they give burnt warranty........... and 3 years service by DIGICARE.

Guys go for DIGILITE ... they have very good boards...:lol::cool::razz:

hardtester

My experience goes that digilite bios are pretty decent and staight to the poing without much complex options....Heard they too plans to have UEFI bios on the newer models of E240 Zzacate CPU...cool...
They are also in line with other brands on the announce for bios support for Intel Ivybridge CPU support......
Thats look fair enough from a new entrant.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not before October or may be November ;-)

Computex 2012: AMD Trinity desktops delayed until October - PC & Tech Authority

hardtester

Hey... DIGILITE launched AMD E240 & E350 on board based boards with 2GB VGA share memory..Check out if this can be meet HTPC requirements... With AMD RADEON HD6310 this should meet requirements of HD smart PC...
Any one used this board.... Need feedback.....

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Those boards are gigabyte designs manufactured using a bit lower quality components. Functional, but you shouldn't use them if you intend to upgrade your PC in the future because I have seen absolutely no BIOS support for these boards.

No they're not. There's an interesting story where it left bad taste amongst some people. Suffice to say that this is how most people do business where they work in a tier 1 brand and then get an investment/partner and then shift to a lower tier band bring in chinese relabeled trash in our country.

In my experience the hierarchy goes something like this:

low end: Biostar/MSI (also ECS and Foxconn if overclocking is not a concern)
low-mid range: MSI/Gigabyte/Asus
Mid-range: Biostar/ASRock/Gigabyte (Asus and MSI often have feature limitations at this price range)

Beyond mid-range any brand provides decent value for money.

You forgot where MARS board came from.

And you're wrong- again. Didn't I correct you about something else the last time??

Gigabyte makes really good low cost board and they're being it doing for so long. Gigabyte G31 ES2L, G41's counterpart, 790x (or something) UD2H, 880gma ud2h (which didn't really come here) and 880gm usb 3...and many more. They make pretty good mid end boards too. A lot of people have pushed G31 ES2L even with Q6600 and never had issues. There are people who still use it. There are times make a board which doesn't really stand out, but they make solid boards. I remember a lot of people back then used to tease gigabyte for colourful pcie slots and used to recommend other boards- back in P35/P45 days, when infact boards like DS3L were super good. Back then. IP35-e and pro were around. That's probably another reason why not many looked towards gigabyte. That changed over the months since...790G/Intel x58 days.

....and I am not the only one who will say this.

GD55/65 have issues more than 1 time where some issue or the other crops up. ASROCK was recently criticized for labeling a board with analog VRMs for digital VRMs- but they make good boards. But if you search around, ASROCK Extreme 6 has a particular issue when all the 4 slots maxed to 32GB has issues in most cases. GD80 series from msi is pretty decent but there are better boards, but haven't been following since AMD 8xx days.

Biostar? Its commonly known that initial rev versions are pretty okay to use but newer ones fail much MUCH quicker.

Asus has a share of making Great boards, decent boards and well...some are simply way too "premium" for most end users.

There have been times when we have so much choices- but there's zilch no good choice. No1 reviews Intel boards. But considering that lower tiers do some crap or the other- having a good stock board is the way to go if you can't afford to spend more money.

And out of all the companies, I would like to see MSI stepping up. They make good cards- reference and non reference. They should do the same for motherboards too. That's how Gigabyte is with VGA and motherboard is.

Last edited:

hardtester

Thanks for share..There seems that DIGILITE has earned a decent share in the India motherboard market since launch...i do not see any issues with my board which i updated over Gigabyte....Decent board with good bios options....After all Its individual choice to choose....Need to support India's emerging brand in DIGILITE by Smartlink Network Systems and make them to get new boards with latest and new technology features....I wish them GOOD LUCK....

Keep it UP DIGILITE....

Top Bottom