Aakash 2 Tablet launches on November 11 for Rs. 1,500

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Aakash 2 Tablet launches on November 11 for Rs. 1,500. Aakash tablet full specifications and price India.

The much awaited Aakash Tablet 2 finally has an official launch date and price tag. The original Aakash Tablet was an utter failure, and it brought much shame on a global scale, especially with it was covered by world’s most popular technology blogs as the $35 cheap budget Android wonder tablet from India. The original Aakash tablet was so bad that it’s display never even worked when people tried using it. The resistive display was an utter flop. Couple that with Android 2.3 and the 256 MB of RAM and tons of delays missing all deadlines and the tablet was asking for a complete fail. We hope that the Aakash Tablet 2 will change all of that.

Aakash Tablet 2 Full Specifications

The Aakash Tablet 2 hopes to correct what was wrong. Swapping the aged and weak 800 MHz processor, the new Aakash Tablet 2 will sport a 1 GHz processor most probably based on ARM’s Cortex A8 or A9 architecture (faster). The tablet will also most likely sport 512 MB of RAM, although rumors of just 256 MB RAM is short. We fail to understand how they can make Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (that they plan to ship the tablet with) will run smoothly in just 256 MB of RAM. It is similar to try running Windows Vista on your old Windows XP PC with 512 MB of RAM. Lag and jitters, that is the summation of the experience to follow.

The display this time is to be a capacitive type (finally). This should bring better touch response and definitely a display which is at the very least usable. The battery rating is unknown but the battery life promised is 4 hours, which seems below average. But the pricing makes us not want to complain.

The Aakash Tablet 2 will be made by Datawind itself, the makers of the original Aakash Tablet. A lot is riding on the Aakash Tablet 2 (to turn out to be good), including the reputation of the IIT group (developing the product) and the Govt. Of India (endorsing the product). For their sakes, this better turn out good. If it does, the consumers will have an excellent budget tablet choice provided to them. Mainly targeted at students, they will be the ones to derive the maximum benefit from this.

Aakash Tablet 2 Price in India

The Aakash Tablet 2 is rumored to sell at a lowly price of Rs. 1,500. At that price, anything is acceptable and it simply does not leave any room at all for complaining. It might be that this price will be applicable only to students. Well, we have to wait to find out. Even at a price of under Rs. 3,000 people will buy the product, if and only if it turns out to be any good.

Here’s hoping!

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

Flash

Lost in speed
We fail to understand how they can make Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (that they plan to ship the tablet with) will run smoothly in just 256 MB of RAM. It is similar to try running Windows Vista on your old Windows XP PC with 512 MB of RAM. Lag and jitters, that is the summation of the experience to follow.

Well put. A definite bottleneck.
Tester of the tablet, should've frustrated for sure.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
AFAIK, Akash 2 is only for the STUDENT'S community : High School,Colleges,Institutions.

Not for the common Public,for which the commercial version releases are :--->

UBISLATE 7Ri (RESISTIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ri+(sim connectivity:RESISTIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ci (CAPACITIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ci+(sim connectivity;CAPACITIVE Touch)

All theseTablets come with 512MB RAM and internal flash storage of 4GB as commited by DATAWIND.

Ultimately,don't know how much TRUTHFUL statements are being delivered by DATAWIND.:twisted::shock:

I was "GUARANTEED" a delivery of UBISLATE 7Ri Tablet within 19th October,2012,still no such thing received by me,latest by today on 12th of October,2012.:evil::cry:

duke123

In the zone
AFAIK, Akash 2 is only for the STUDENT'S community : High School,Colleges,Institutions.

Not for the common Public,for which the commercial version releases are :--->

UBISLATE 7Ri (RESISTIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ri+(sim connectivity:RESISTIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ci (CAPACITIVE Touch)
UBISLATE 7Ci+(sim connectivity;CAPACITIVE Touch)

Ultimately,don't know how much TRUTHFUL statements are being delivered by DATAWIND.

I was "GUARANTEED" a delivery of UBISLATE 7Ri Tablet within 19th October,2012,still no such thing received by me,till today on 12th of October,2012.

didnt you cancel your previous order for refund...?

kg11sgbg

^^YES.
But I cancelled the "REFUND" and agreed to receive the UBISLATE 7Ri Tablet AS OFFERED BY THEM FOR A CHOICE AGAINST REFUND.
I gave them my consent for getting a UBISLATE 7Ri(RESISTIVE) without any extra paise,as they have emailed to me for an offer and also phoned me(FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE FROM DATAWIND?????!!!!!)...

They "GUARANTEED" me to deliver/Ship the UBISLATE 7Ri within 2 weeks from my consent as written by them in their email,addressed to me.
Agreed,only 1week,has passed(GUARANTEED shipment time) and another 1 week left...but I am apprehensive and sceptical about DATAWIND's activities,after keeping me waiting for more than 7 months.

kg11sgbg

Seems, I have lost HOPES once again.

Datawind is not contacting me after sending numerous mails;also their Phone No. (another one;from which they took my confirmation/consent) is inaccessible till today.

My greatest blunder is my whimsical, blindfolded, quick, and wrong decision.
A mere booking(WITHOUT PRE-PAYING) could have saved me Rs.3,000/- ,but being overtly enthusiastic cost me dearer.

kg11sgbg

^^To @Forum friends,those of whom haven't purchased the Tablet from Datawind,my request and appeal is not to buy the sh!tware/crapware from them.
If you are a die hard fan of Akash/Ubislate 7 series of Tablets,then better buy from eBay or Flipkart or some other reliable online site.

I was paid back the refund after an agonising wait of about 9 months,by Datawind.

Top Bottom