• Both unlicensed, piracy rulez!

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Genuine XP.

Life in the software industry has taught me the importance of genuine software.

I don't have problems with those who pirate because of financial constraints but absolutely hate people who pirate just for the heck of it and are proud about it.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Elaborate?

I am a developer spending hours coding. I would not like my hard work to be pirated away. Same goes for my brethren, be it in the MS offices or any other software company for that matter.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Elaborate?

I am a developer spending hours coding. I would not like my hard work to be pirated away. Same goes for my brethren, be it in the MS offices or any other software company for that matter.
ok........I asked you to elaborate because I thought there was some another angle to your feeling :)

OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
Ah... someone in the same boat at last

lol,he is saying people who have high end systems and who play games should not use ubuntu\linux,whata ignorant noob!

Sorry mate, that's pretty rude of you. Think before you call me a n00b again, I might be new to the digit forums, but I have several hundreds of posts elsewhere. And I have built 4 computers on my own and have vast experience with hardware.

Furthermore, I didn't mean that people with high end gaming rigs shouldn't use Linux. What I meant was that Linux is a complete OS solution for people who don't play games. As a general purpose home computing OS, Ubuntu is just about as good as it can get these days.. excellent package management being one of its strengths. It's better to have Ubuntu as your OS rather than a warez version of Windows that is not automatically patched via Windows Update Using windows without security updates is NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA.

Elaborate?

You are in the same boat with me :) After sweating it out for nearly three years in the IT industry, I understand what it takes to code good stuff. Plus, genuine software comes with full access to product support, bug fixes and patches... definitely worth buying genuine software these days... prices aren't that high if you take all the PROS into consideration.

ok........I asked you to elaborate because I thought there was some another angle to your feeling :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Re: Ah... someone in the same boat at last

You are in the same boat with me :) After sweating it out for nearly three years in the IT industry, I understand what it takes to code good stuff. Plus, genuine software comes with full access to product support, bug fixes and patches... definitely worth buying genuine software these days... prices aren't that high if you take all the PROS into consideration.

Ok, that's why I am a genuine Windows XP home user and a genuine McAfee Virus Scan Plus user. and it ends there. I use Open SuSE most of the time, the paid OS is for my parents :)
If you look at most middle and lower middle class incomes, they cannot afford the prices quoted above. It's almost coming to the cost of the PC itself (Windows OS+Office+Antivirus+Firewall). That's where linux makes sense.

praka123

left this forum longback
well,we dont care for software developers if they thought that each of their creation can be charged $29.999 and $600 et al.
these elite developers should know that here in India,most of the ppl are struggling for education itself :x

Linux is NOT an alternative to Winblow$.that is the first thing.
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
^read
Softwares should be free.with bugfixes ,securityupdates, subscription model as a whole is the future of Software Industry;unlike those b@stard$ in redmond who wants to force the nose of everyone to pay huge amounts for licences.

OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
This thread is getting out of hand.
Would someone lock it?

No it isn't... I am not here to start a flame war against people using pirated stuff.. Only one person has been rude and has called me a "n00b". However, I have been polite all through and so have been all the other people who replied :)

@bhanja,I am also a hardcore gamer and have a decent rig.This doesn't mean that I shouldn't use Linux.Yes,I triple boot my PC with XP,Vista and Ubuntu.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If you can't afford that and don't have a high-end PC and don't play games, use Ubuntu Linux.

Your statement above is what sparked that I believe. Again as I said I think you should maintain to the topic of Piracy rather than a Windows /Linux comparison threads. They usually don't turn out well on this forum. But if you would like to be free to continue.

OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
Have I ever said that gamers SHOULDN'T install Linux as a second OS??!

@bhanja,I am also a hardcore gamer and have a decent rig.This doesn't mean that I shouldn't use Linux.Yes,I triple boot my PC with XP,Vista and Ubuntu.

Did I ever ever say that gamers shouldn't use Linux?!

No... I just said that Linux is a good enough OS for people who have general-purpose computers and do mainly stuff like 'Word, Excel, IE, Outlook'

High-End gaming, H264 High-Def movie playback etc is the forte of Windows and will remain so for a very very long time. And that's because of DirectX and support from 3rd party software vendors.

But I repeat, that I never claimed that gamers shouldn't use Ubuntu.

Read what I write carefully, READ BETWEEN THE LINES.. don't jump to conclusions and flame@me.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Since when did this thread turn into advertising, into preaching, into trolling..and into OS wars?

@OP, we already have enough preachers and OS wars on the forum. It appears to me you're just trolling with MS products going by your posts here, your lack of participation in any other threads other than this since registration and like you said, you're already at other forums like winvista etc.. Piracy threads always tread a fine line..

Closed to prevent another war!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom