Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In

Just asking out of curiosity. With Microsoft enforcing better and stronger counter-mechanisms against piracy with Windows Vista, a natural question arises... How many of you still use pirated stuff.... pirated Vista in particular..

Also write a few lines as to why you choose not to go "legit".

Would like to add... After using "warez" for several years, I went "legit" last year.

My copy of Vista is licensed, so is my copy of Office 2007 SBM.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I have a legit office and MS Windows XP but I use Ubuntu :). Had Vista but it never worked for me so I gave it back to my Uncle.

Also write a few lines as to why you choose not to go "legit".
Because most people can't afford it or don't see the value in the purchase.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
To most people I know, the cost of any given software should be no more than the cost of the packaging+physical contents.

If asked to purchase Vista, such people would say, "You want me to pay 11,000 for a box and a DVD?". They refuse to consider the money spent in developing what's on that DVD.

gigyaster

Journeyman
I use legal one, actually I had a pirated one before but once my uncle got a cd n it had two valid license (i don't k know much about all this) so I used one.
And yes my office 2003 is also legal.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
mine's not legit

(a) cost factor
(b) easier to download off the net than go to a store and buy it

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Of course not. Nothing in my system is legit(Except britannica enclyclopaedia)-all warez and pirated stuff.

Main reason: Extremely high cost

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
If ntfs-3g and FUSE are fool proof and are able to read and write my existing 1 TB USB External Drive, I will completely shift to Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Illegal. I cant afford software and games with license. What difference does it make - licensed or not? its the same functionality... and every activation and protection measures the company takes has a bypass.

hansraj

In the zone
I have licenced vista still i use XP...... Pirated. Friends the reality is piracy is bad only for the designer/programmer/company coz it results monetary losses to them, thats all. Have u heard of "My apartment is pirated" or "my child is pirated"! We the Humans should not try to enforce something which is not possible and copying and sharing the softwares is one such thing. If someone really want to stop it then make the prices reasonable and not $ equivalent in INR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom