6850 vs 560

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Two days ago I ordered SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 6850 from Primeabgb at a discounted price of rs 10460 shipping included.
Today I noticed a better deal MSI 560GTX on itwares at rupees 10800.

The Sapphire one will arrive maybe tomorrow or on Monday (7th or 9th of July)

What I wanted to ask was If I could cancel the order, get a full refund and buy 560 GTX instead? And is it worth the pain and inconvenience caused on both the sides?

Or should I settle with the 6850 one.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
go through all the benchmarks in the below link and decide yourself if it is worth or not.for me its worth if you can cancel 6850 and get 560.
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Review: Take Off Your Ti : Meet The GeForce GTX 560

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Can anyone tell me the procedure concerned with returning the product for full refund?
I contacted Prime and they said it is a very tedious and time consuming process and hence most of the time they do not take back the products.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
keep the GPU. Instead try overclocking it to 1Ghz. Should reach 950Mhz without loosing stability.

Thanks Sam. I am certainly planning to overclock and it seems the design of the heatsink on the vapor makes it quite suitable for overclocking.

That did ease my burden of thought of buying wrong graphics card after all these years.

Thanks.

SRA

Broken In
U did the rt thing , GTX 560 at 10,800 is overpriced so , keep the 6850 , and at around 10k usually u can get the dual fan version of GTX 560 , but sadly it out of stock everywhere , I did an extensive search last week , finally settled for GTX 560 ti , for 12k from ebay .

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
So did I for the MSI cyclone version. But it too was out of stock everywhere.
Hence settled with this one.
The card is to arrive at around 1:30 in the afternoon. yay me.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Ok so I got the SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 6850 *imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/070720121470.jpg.
Overlooking my phone's pathetic camera quality, the card is gorgeous. Really. It looks great.

Now, there have been some problems.

Firstly, the Primeabgb page clearly shows that the box contains CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable & Mini-DP to DP Cable and I got neither of those. Prime has simply copied entire Sapphiretech page onto their own website. I thought to contact them about this and request them to ship the same, but I don't think it is possible for them to ship cables out of the box and I don't want to return the product for mere 2 cables aswell. So what am I to do here?

Secondly, the GPU-z shows the core clock at 775MHz where as it should be 800 Mhz? The catalyst version is 11.4. The driver setup gave some errors while installation but I was too excited for new gfx to check it. I setup completed nevertheless. Do I have to get latest drivers for this?

Thirdly, This might get little off topic, the GTA 4 game is giving artifact errors and splitting, esp at night time gameplay and the cutscene are totally black. Now, this error did not exist when I was playing this game on IGP. What about it?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Ok so I got the SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 6850 *imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/070720121470.jpg.
Overlooking my phone's pathetic camera quality, the card is gorgeous. Really. It looks great.

Now, there have been some problems.

Firstly, the Primeabgb page clearly shows that the box contains CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable & Mini-DP to DP Cable and I got neither of those. Prime has simply copied entire Sapphiretech page onto their own website. I thought to contact them about this and request them to ship the same, but I don't think it is possible for them to ship cables out of the box and I don't want to return the product for mere 2 cables aswell. So what am I to do here?

Secondly, the GPU-z shows the core clock at 775MHz where as it should be 800 Mhz? The catalyst version is 11.4. The driver setup gave some errors while installation but I was too excited for new gfx to check it. I setup completed nevertheless. Do I have to get latest drivers for this?

Thirdly, This might get little off topic, the GTA 4 game is giving artifact errors and splitting, esp at night time gameplay and the cutscene are totally black. Now, this error did not exist when I was playing this game on IGP. What about it?

Regarding problem 2 and 3 - uninstall your driver using driver sweeper and freshly install catalyst 12.6 .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ toad_frog09 -

1. just request them to send whatever is missing in the box pack - you don't ned to send the card for that - there's no harm in trying, right ?

2. Use the latest GUp-z version and latest gfx card driver ie 12.6.

3. Patch GTA IV to the latest version, test with some other games like Crysis 2, BF3 etc.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@ toad_frog09 -

1. just request them to send whatever is missing in the box pack - you don't ned to send the card for that - there's no harm in trying, right ?

2. Use the latest GUp-z version and latest gfx card driver ie 12.6.

3. Patch GTA IV to the latest version, test with some other games like Crysis 2, BF3 etc.

Well, toady's Sunday so I cannot contact them.
Updating the drivers seems to be the correct way.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ updating the drivers won't set your gpu's clock speed to 800 Mhz ! There's tow Vapor-X version of HD6850 are available from Sapphire -- one with 800 Mhz clock speed and another one is with 775 Mhz clock speed :

775 Mhz :
Sapphire Technology Web Site

800 Mhz :
Sapphire Technology Web Site

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
It cant be. The website page showed 800 Mhz. Look.

What am I to do now? Contact them about the blunder they made?

Here's GPUz pic.
*img256.imageshack.us/img256/6083/gpuzx.gif

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, better ask them for a replacement. Also ask 'em if they can replace it with GTX-560 by paying some extra.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, I'd simply overclock it via Overdrive.

But they should be fixing it and should not be giving wrong info.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Typo can happen anytime - see this ;-)
CORSAIR GS600 Gaming Series 600W Power Supply

and toad frog can easily reach 850/1100 Mhz with the Vision Engine control Center.

Top Bottom