6850 vs 560

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
I emailed them about this blunder and requested them to ready a replacement or a refund.
It seems a little too much fuss for mere 25Mhz. But still, they should not have had given wrong or misleading information in first place.

Can someone tell me what are the protocols to follow in such case? I mean I sent them an email, called them today they said they'll confirm with an engineer.

What do I do next?

Again, is everyone sure that updating the drivers will not solve anything?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^This doesn't seem to be a driver issue.
Well just keep track of all the emails you send them and what they send you.

Or you could just save all the hassle and overclock your GPU by 25 Mhz and get what they showed on their website.

But yes, it is their fault that they sent you the wrong one.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I emailed them about this blunder and requested them to ready a replacement or a refund.
It seems a little too much fuss for mere 25Mhz. But still, they should not have had given wrong or misleading information in first place.

Can someone tell me what are the protocols to follow in such case? I mean I sent them an email, called them today they said they'll confirm with an engineer.

What do I do next?

Again, is everyone sure that updating the drivers will not solve anything?

Now is your chance you to grab gtx 560

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^Man, stop confusing me.

25Mhz seems a really petty problem, but getting a full refund and buying GTX 560 isn't bad option either.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just joking ...

BTW, did you get any reply from them about the replacement ?

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
They asked me to mail them screen shots of my computer configuration and CPU processors speeds (800-3200Mhz). Didn't replay till now. Will call them again tomorrow.

By the way, are you not wondering have I gone crazy or what, fussing so much for just 25Mhz? @topgear, What is your say in this?

sharang.d

Youngling
Firstly, the Primeabgb page clearly shows that the box contains CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable & Mini-DP to DP Cable and I got neither of those. Prime has simply copied entire Sapphiretech page onto their own website. I thought to contact them about this and request them to ship the same, but I don't think it is possible for them to ship cables out of the box and I don't want to return the product for mere 2 cables aswell. So what am I to do here?

Post a ticket on the sapphire support website with ur SKU Number and ask them what all is supposed to be there in the box. See what they reply.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
By the way, are you not wondering have I gone crazy or what, fussing so much for just 25Mhz? @topgear, What is your say in this?
Personally, I'm wondering same. lol. But you are doing the right thing. Websites should have correct info.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they must have some kind of disclaimer that there's no guarantee the infos on website is 100% accurate ;-)

@ toad_frog09 - just keep the gpu .. 25 Mhz really is not a big deal that you should care about and typos on specs .. it can be on any website be it FK or theitwares or any other ..

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@ sharang.d, thanks for the tip. I'll contact them right away.

@ico, topgear, I'v decided to keep it. As long as games run above 25FPS on my small monitor, its all same for me.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Good decision. trust me the hassle is not worth it. and the 6850 maxes out most games with 35~30fps+ even at 1080p. and when it falls just overclock it. nice and easy ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, it can be OCed around ~930 Mhz and 1150 Mhz without even touching the volts though this may vary from card to card but 850 Mhz and 1100 Mhz is achievable with ease using vision engine control center ;-)

Top Bottom