Alive Again...
600MB Video Files, How to share......?

I have around 80Video File which is of Total Size 600MB
I want that to send it to my Friend in US
How can i send that from the Internet

If I download any file from sites like rapidshare.com megaupload.com
I get 200-450kbps speed, but if I upload it I can only 7-11kbps Speed

I cant even upload 100MB of files in rapid/mega due to slow uploading speed

Pls can someone help me to find a Good Way to Share Big Files........?

Last edited:

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^i guess yahoo messenger allows over 1gig file transfer these days. also cant we use softies like DC++ n others for this purpose??

use mailbigfile ...... file trnsfr via internet u will hv 2 just registr ...... need more info plz visit
*technicaltricks.blogspot.com/2007/06/mail-huge-files-via-internet.html

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^u can do better than that dude......its a pretty lame way of advertising ur blog. n also he doesnt want to use upload sites n all.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
I have tried
Megaupload, Rapidshare, Yousendit, mailbigfile, transferbigfiles, heavymail, podmailing
all approx. 2hrs 10min to send my 80MB of File

I cant understand if i get 400bkps for downloading than y i am getting just 10kbps for uploading

I have a LAN Connection, n due to rains some time for a min or 2 my net disconnects so that upload also disconnects :(

He dont have yahoo also our times India - US dosent matches :(

I have a total of 600MB what can i do?

any help.......

shaunak

Tux Fan
Password protect it and send it via Peer to peer?

Although the download speeds will be slow due to your low upload cap, you can use your time downloading uh.. other leagal files?

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
I think u share ur file with dc++ or bearshare
its the best way to share ur stuffs fastly without uploading ;)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
BSNL uploads and download speeds vary a lot!

Try at your friends place who has Airtel and you will get better upload speeds.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
another thing tht can b done, since the timings dont match, u can ask him to just sign in and all... and thn he can go to sleep while it is trfd automatically
even u can do tht- let the transfer begin n go to sleep ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Upload speeds will be the same over yahoo mesenger too. Upload speeds depends on your ISP, ususally not on the software or site. I doubt you can upload 600mb in a day.
One way would be to run a webserver + something like no-ip and make put all the files in the dir of the server. So, your friend can connect to your server and download the files that are needed. But, that too will take a long time, as the speeds will be slow. And I hope resume is supported by default in whatever web server you use.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
mehulved said:
Upload speeds will be the same over yahoo mesenger too. Upload speeds depends on your ISP, ususally not on the software or site. I doubt you can upload 600mb in a day.
One way would be to run a webserver + something like no-ip and make put all the files in the dir of the server. So, your friend can connect to your server and download the files that are needed. But, that too will take a long time, as the speeds will be slow. And I hope resume is supported by default in whatever web server you use.

Yes, like i said earlier.....upload speeds are ISP dependent. Try on Your Friends airtel. I get almost same speed for download and upload on Airtel.

Running a Webserver is a great idea :)

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
shaunak said:
Password protect it and send it via Peer to peer?

Although the download speeds will be slow due to your low upload cap, you can use your time downloading uh.. other leagal files?
i have heared about p2p but havent tried it
Pls tell me some details about how to use it

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
p2p stands fr peer to peer file sharing ...In this the two users share files by connecting to each other directly...download speeds r gud enough coz it is direct file transfer and no third medium interferes in between...
u can use bearshare for dis purpose...latest version 6.1 wont help you with this..get an older version of bearshare...
Your friend can connect to you via bearshare...just place your files in the sharing folder...you're done...

BeamFile is another P2P client and it is specifically designed to transfer files in GBs from one pc to anothr...leav ur id if u dnt hav it...i'll send you..

Hope this helps..

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
akshaykapoor_3 said:
p2p stands fr peer to peer file sharing ...In this the two users share files by connecting to each other directly...download speeds r gud enough coz it is direct file transfer and no third medium interferes in between...
u can use bearshare for dis purpose...latest version 6.1 wont help you with this..get an older version of bearshare...
Your friend can connect to you via bearshare...just place your files in the sharing folder...you're done...

BeamFile is another P2P client and it is specifically designed to transfer files in GBs from one pc to anothr...leav ur id if u dnt hav it...i'll send you..

Hope this helps..
If i use Beamfile
Do my frnd also need to install beamfile software on his PC to receive file?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I still think Mehul's idea of a Webserver is much much better.

Simply download XAAMP. Put the file in htdocs. Run XAAMP. Tel your friend to download like *Ipaddress/filename.xxx

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
@ satyamy

1) You install BeamFile
2) Run the program and select the files you want to send
3) Enter the recipient's email id ( your frnd's id)
4) Enter your name and email id
5) Ask your friend to be online when you do this.
6) He has to confirm the request for file transfer from his email and direct transfer would begin. Try it out !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom