6 months from now Windows or Andriod

Your Next Phone?

• Total voters

sksundram

In the zone
@Gearbox ASHA is a series bro, not an OS like LUMIA series (Lumia 520, 620, etc), N series (N91, N72, etc), E series (E5, E7, etc).
ASHA series is powered by S40.:-D

and

S40 is absolutely not Symbian but a separate low-end OS.

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@Gearbox ASHA is a series bro, not an OS like LUMIA series (Lumia 520, 620, etc), N series (N91, N72, etc), E series (E5, E7, etc).
ASHA series is powered by S40.:-D

and

S40 is absolutely not Symbian but a separate low-end OS.

Food for thought for you, bro, about the Nokia Asha Platform!!! :lol:
Nokia Asha platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excerpts are:
The Asha platform is a mobile operating system (OS) and computing platform[1] designed for low-end borderline smartphones, based on software from Smarterphone which was acquired by Nokia.

sksundram

In the zone
check this link:

Nokia Asha series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

see this
:

Nokia Asha series   Wikipedia  the free encyclopedia.png

Nokia ASHA Platform has just 1 mobile under it and Yes it is an OS BUT when did i say about NOKIA ASHA PLATFORM, i wrote about ASHA SERIES (there's a subtle difference)!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'm bored of android as companies do not provide proper updates, and expect us to buy new mobiles every now and then.

nikufellow

In the zone
Won't be buying another android anytime soon not that droid gave me any sort of problems nor that i am bored of it, just want to try something new after all you don't keep a device for eternity, and of all tge alternatives on offer wp lures me the most

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
check this link:

Nokia Asha series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

see this
:

View attachment 11309

Nokia ASHA Platform has just 1 mobile under it and Yes it is an OS BUT when did i say about NOKIA ASHA PLATFORM, i wrote about ASHA SERIES (there's a subtle difference)!
You didn't write about ASHA Series, you wrote that Asha is a series, not an OS!!!
Just wanted to point that it is an OS too...
Peace out, bro!!! :)

Flash

Lost in speed
The main reason why i bought WP8 as my first smartphone is, am somewhat already familiar with Android coz of friends mobiles.
So, i didn't want to try Android again.

nikufellow

In the zone
also would like to add that 6 months or 1 year from now it'll still be an android dominant world though wp might gain more market share thanks to he efforts of nokia. We might see some changes in 2 or 3 years but before that it seems highly unlikely

OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
another thing to consider is someone buying a lumia 720 instead of Xperia L
will he be happy after a year or so because
i dont think the 520,620 & 720 will get the next major update (WM9)

[not talking about Amber update....the bunch might get "Blue" update but beyond that i dont think]

where as the Xperia L will surely get KLP and will have customs to get further updates even

Top Bottom