6 months from now Windows or Andriod

Your Next Phone?

• Total voters

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I have voted for Android, why

Its open source, customizable, lots of App, it has changed how mobile phone should be operated and use,

i would not give any money to Micro$oft, its Android who made the high end phones pocket friendly, look at how many chinese and low cost phones are available in market, (please dont talk about how this phone performs and how long low cost phones last - in recent times a lot has changed now these low cost chinese or indian phones are doing good, i would love to buy cheap phones and change it every year)

and about battery issue with android - dont blame android for this, there is no major breakthrough in mobile battery tech, but things will change for good

but we need multiple OS to keep the competition and bring out new products,

Long Live Android

nikufellow

In the zone
^actually even if you buy android you are giving money indirectly to microsoft :p

guru_urug

iGoogle
^How is that ?

Patent licenses and royalties.

Anyway I will stick with Android only! And that too with Nexus devices(see my sig). The next Nexus phone is gonna be a bomb as per the leaked specs: LG to Launch Nexus 5 on October 5 with Android 5?

After using Android everything else feels restrictive, even Windows Phone. I find Android much easier to use.
Android doesnt have any security issues that affect the average user. Just don't use any third party app store and you will be safe :)
If you are knowledgeable and are comfortable with tinkering around with rooting and custom roms, Android is unparalled!

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Anyway I will stick with Android only! And that too with Nexus devices(see my sig). The next Nexus phone is gonna be a bomb as per the leaked specs: LG to Launch Nexus 5 on October 5 with Android 5?

That's more than a bomb it deserves name NU-Killer bomb

quagmire

Allllright !
I have voted for Android, why

Its open source, customizable, lots of App, it has changed how mobile phone should be operated and use,

i would not give any money to Micro$oft, its Android who made the high end phones pocket friendly, look at how many chinese and low cost phones are available in market, (please dont talk about how this phone performs and how long low cost phones last - in recent times a lot has changed now these low cost chinese or indian phones are doing good, i would love to buy cheap phones and change it every year)

and about battery issue with android - dont blame android for this, there is no major breakthrough in mobile battery tech, but things will change for good

but we need multiple OS to keep the competition and bring out new products,

Long Live Android

+1.
Android supports the maker culture like no other mobile OS does.
Heck, I can even connect a low cost microcontroller like MSP430 to Android via bluetooth or USB OTG..
That gives infinite possibilities for learning and implementation for eg, home automation..
While crapple users can look for 'Made for iPad/iPhone' products.:lol:

Open source Android FTW!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Blv most people would prefer to pop a few bucks on an app rather than code it themselves. Why buy a game? Why not make it yourself?

Still will run to shop and buy droid the second any of the various storefronts get as active as ios (amazon and humble bundle store are good for promotions actually, but that experience is best on a nexus tablet)

iOS ecosystem is as cheap as it gets

nikufellow

In the zone
Not to change topic but being an android app dev must be really hard piracy is are damn too high and I've seen many people explicitly stating they don't even consider the likes of wp only because they'll have to buy most apps as side loading is a no go, which is sad :(

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Bring us carrier based transaction and you will find atleast 20% of those people going for WP, me included

ankit360

Journeyman
it's long way for windows phones . if ur budget is tight windows phone is good. it run smooth in 1ghz process and 512mb ram even 256mb ram . but if you budget is + 20k there is no way to spend on windows phone . there are lot's of restriction in windows phone that's why lot's of developers ignore it . app count is increasing but most of then are useless on won't work properly like application work in ios or in android . .

also nokia who only produce good windows phone launch phone at very high price . why should i buy Lumia 920 when i get some good android phone at cheap ? same logic go to budget phone. why should i buy micromax when i get Lumia 520 at low cost ?