6 months from now Windows or Andriod

Your Next Phone?

• Total voters

raj_in

In the zone
With windows 8 windows really stepped up their game
& Andriod is having troubles with security

Within the next 6 months (I guess) windows is gonna launch Windows 9(or whatever they call it)
& the driods will launch KLP

what to you guys think
will windows be able to start to compete will andriod in volumes shipped & in quantity of the apps
in its next version

Or will andriod still continue to dominate

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Can't say about competition for android...
But I love live tiles the way they are on WP.. (Simplistic, Clean, "live")

quagmire

Allllright !
Windows Phone Store had less than 30,000 apps same time last year. Now it has 160,000+ apps..

*cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/36674882.jpg

sksundram

In the zone
I vouch for Win 8 phones. android is great but personally i didn't like them coz of poor battery in such phones. my primary phone is NOKIA 1209 (don't get shocked). i gifted a dell xcd 35 (yeah! that's zte blade) to my gf a long tym back (2010, shayad!!). now rooted and running 4.2.2, it performs well besides its battery. truly speaking, this is the only android based mobile that i have used extensively. my elder brother bought Nokia 520 and when i used it for a day or two, i seriously liked it. battery, display, UI ... all's pretty far superior than android.

as for apps., i don't need too many apps. i surf on my PC/laptop ( tiny screens are a strict NO for me), play games on my PC. though small mobile games are good time-pass but somebody playing dead trigger on android with puny screen draws a laugh from me.

it's my opinion, though :-D

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
No matter how many months/year I prefer Android over all the other Mobile OS out there. Yeah battery drains like hell, but I can manage with that. The customization options,the way you control ur mobile,no restrictions regarding anything. LOVE ANDROID.

Andriod is having troubles with security - Well could you please explain that. Personally I don't believe in security - I don't even use an Anti Virus. SECURITY IS JUST A MYTH.

WP tiles looks refreshing. iOS UI - damn it like sooper smooth. However I'm not a BIG FAN of MS/APPLE, hate them for few personal reasons :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
android for me. i have used lumia 920 of my cousin, and though wp8 looks good, but i prefer android's interface.
moreover gaming on android is fun with larger 4.5"~ screens and so many games. :D

although for budget phones, lumia 520 is the way to go imo.

OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
i completely agree with Jaskanwar Singh....
i think for budget phones(sub 10k) Windows is better
but for high end(above 25k) Andriod dominates
since in Windows we really dont get anything new in the high end phones
that we dont get in a 12k-15k phones

but the mid end (under 15k) of the market i think there is still confusion
windows or andriod
but i think in the next installment windows can take the cake in the under 15k range too

ashs1

Padawan
I am using Android atm, & i don't have much issues from it apart from the fact that various apps keep opening up in the background & i gotta kill it with task manager everytime to free up space..
It will be tough for W8 to keep up with Android, but i think my next choice of phone will be a W8..W8 has been promising so far !! :)

Flash

Lost in speed
raj_in said:
Within the next 6 months (I guess) windows is gonna launch Windows 9(or whatever they call it)
That's WP8.1..
Though there are some -ve's in WP, i hope it will be fixed in the upcoming WP. I <3 the typo!!
MSFT has to lose some restrictions, in order to help the developers to create amazing apps like Android.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
WP8 has a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go before it can even be considered a proper rival to Android. :)
Not a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 2 go.. yeah WP still lacks user base, customizability & apps base but it's a OS in league of it's own very productive for my tastes

android for me. i have used lumia 920 of my cousin, and though wp8 looks good, but i prefer android's interface.
moreover gaming on android is fun with larger 4.5"~ screens and so many games. :D

although for budget phones, lumia 520 is the way to go imo.

For me I have a lappy so gaming on mobile is farcry for me... Phone only for music, calling etc.. :-D

quagmire

Allllright !
With 7-8" tablets and phablets WP8 is definitely eat a little of Android's and crapple's share.. But not enough to threaten them either :wink:

Top Bottom