5.1 speakers for Gaming and Movies (Budget 10K)

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
JBL Cinema does indeed seem to be a very good set of speakers! for instance, do read through these 2 threads:

JBL cinema 300 + Denon 1312

Alternatives to JBL Cinema 300

plus, this one i had already shared it with you earlier. if you missed it, can read:

Explosion all over the place : Harman/Kardon avr 70 + JBL Cinema 300

if you can alter the title of your thread on HFV, change it to something like (HT needed, an AVR with separate speakers-set, budget 40-50k). could attract more replies. plus, more replies should follow from tomorrow, ie, on weekdays.

also, you may check at these stores too:

Simphony

SCO 43/44 1st floor sector 8c
Chandigarh
0172 465 6334

and

Home Automation | Home Theatres | Security | Golf Simulators - Galaxy Hi Fi Mohali, Punjab (they may help you locate or suggest an HT-store)

- - - Updated - - -

also, another thing. after you're done with hunting, and still are confused or undecided, best would be to simply follow your ears! compare all the speakers you've auditioned (make notes), and select the ones you found best. for now, they are JBL C 300 and the 2067 yamaha AVR. compare the upcoming ones with these. if they still sound better than the others, its a no-brainer then!

The earlier store that i mentioned to you where i auditioned pioneer it was symphony one only. read those already thats how i am making my mind on JBL cinema 300 only just need a good AVR under 30K for those.

And how can i edit my subject there at hifi?? Is it even possible lol

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
The earlier store that i mentioned to you where i auditioned pioneer it was symphony one only. read those already thats how i am making my mind on JBL cinema 300 only just need a good AVR under 30K for those.

And how can i edit my subject there at hifi?? Is it even possible lol

ok. good then.
yes you may not be able to edit the title now, as you are a new joinee + its been time since you created the thread. nevermind. the replies are flowing in.
but as you see, the 'ghat section' has started! you may now see replies that may confuse you all the more. hence i wrote above to trust your ears as a final measure! ;)
wait for some time more, and till then if no solid clue is forthcoming, then take the jump to purchase what you (had) liked the most!

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
ok. good then.
yes you may not be able to edit the title now, as you are a new joinee + its been time since you created the thread. nevermind. the replies are flowing in.
but as you see, the 'ghat section' has started! you may now see replies that may confuse you all the more. hence i wrote above to trust your ears as a final measure! ;)
wait for some time more, and till then if no solid clue is forthcoming, then take the jump to purchase what you (had) liked the most!

Hmmm yeah, i am not in a hurry at all, will be taking my own sweet time and unless i am 100% satisfied for the stuff i am gonna buy, i wont be going for it. Thank you again for all this and i am gonna keep you updated with recent progress to get your valuable feedback again :p

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hmmm yeah, i am not in a hurry at all, will be taking my own sweet time and unless i am 100% satisfied for the stuff i am gonna buy, i wont be going for it. Thank you again for all this and i am gonna keep you updated with recent progress to get your valuable feedback again :p

anytime! :thumbs:

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]

Are you from Delhi? or any info about where in Delhi i could audition all these Avrs and speakers and get them at a good price, if i make a 1 day trip there?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@GhorMaanas

Are you from Delhi? or any info about where in Delhi i could audition all these Avrs and speakers and get them at a good price, if i make a 1 day trip there?

NOW you are talking! ;)
no, am not from there. but HFV is replete with members from there and info on locations for audition/purchase. but you might have to make multiple 1-day trips. so better finalise 1-2 set-ups only and before going, so that you don't have to run here-and-there.

- - - Updated - - -

after you are done finalising which ones you want to demo, just create a thread asking about stores in delhi where you can demo them. for instance, here's one for denon x500 and ba xs 5.1:

Audtion for Denon X500 and BA Soundware xs 5.1 - Page 4

you may post in here to know a store for the above combo in delhi. may also check ba's website for store-location, as well as of denon.

P.S. - if you want to listen to music well, i wouldn't recommend going the onkyo way, unlike suggested in your thread. don't reject the idea in writing there, but don't also accept it. too many people have written that denon and yamaha (and marantz too, though might be costlier) fare better in music than onkyo (although onkyo's headphones are reported to be terrific!). so if you get to audition an onkyo system, do it well. else, keep it as one of the last choices only.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]

Ok finally yesterday whole day i was out in market auditioning stuff and all that. Now after really really hard bargain i am getting really good combo price for Yamaha HTR 2067 + JBL Cinema 300 for approx 50K only. Is that good enough or i should look for some other AVR?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@GhorMaanas

Ok finally yesterday whole day i was out in market auditioning stuff and all that. Now after really really hard bargain i am getting really good combo price for Yamaha HTR 2067 + JBL Cinema 300 for approx 50K only. Is that good enough or i should look for some other AVR?

what was the price quoted to you earlier? IMO check the denon x500 once if you are sure to travel to delhi.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. - have a chat with raghav3276, if you have got the privilege of sending PMs now. or just tag him in your thread.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
what was the price quoted to you earlier? IMO check the denon x500 once if you are sure to travel to delhi.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. - have a chat with raghav3276, if you have got the privilege of sending PMs now. or just tag him in your thread.

Earlier that combo i was getting for 65K, and if its about Denon than i have to go to snapdeal for it.
[MENTION=127823]Raghav[/MENTION]3276 HELP!! lol

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Earlier that combo i was getting for 65K, and if its about Denon than i have to go to snapdeal for it.
@Raghav3276 HELP!! lol

lol not this raghav. the one on HFV. hehe. i had this doubt that may be you'll tag here. :D
i wrote about the raghav on the below link that i had shared earlier.

Explosion all over the place : Harman/Kardon avr 70 + JBL Cinema 300

if its only snapdeal that you can buy the denon avr from, then it may be better to skip it altogether. another thing - in the above link, the author has written that he didn't find the x500 very impressive. hence i wrote to you to have a chat with him.

P.S. - that price is very impressive then! even the author of the above got it for 57k. though do check to ensure its not a used/refurbished avr/speakers.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
lol sorry :p and its from Yamaha/JBL authorized dealer in Chandigarh. Took me 4-5 hours over his shop to get that price by convincing him that other dealer in town is offering me the same :p

And why do you say avoid snapdeal? :O

- - - Updated - - -

if its only snapdeal that you can buy the denon avr from, then it may be better to skip it altogether. another thing - in the above link, the author has written that he didn't find the x500 very impressive. hence i wrote to you to have a chat with him.

Hmmm i think in that link he mentioned Denon DHT X500 which is HTIB with Denon speakers.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
ok. then buy it soon from him if you have to buy that combo. ;)

avoid SD, because:

1. you may come to know one fine day that denon wont honour warranty, citing that snapdeal is not their authorised dealer. though best would be to ask denon itself whether they will accept an avr purchased from snapdeal for warranty or not.

2. and then if you buy from snapdeal, chances are high that you may get a refurbished or damage or used piece, or something entirely else.

dht x500 has the same avr, x500. he may not have liked the speakers. cant say. reliance digital's site's selling the HTiB for ~40k. i saw they have 2 RD branches in Chandigarh, and many digital express branches (dont know what these are). you may have a quick look at the branch(es) other than the one you already visited.

P.S. - some years ago, i had read that pioneer's service was very good, in case of car-stereo components. dont know about HT components, but it should be good in this case too. you may demo an avr from pioneer too, say vsx323 or vsx523, if you find them anywhere.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
There is only one reliance digital store in chandigarh and they have nothing but just sony and samsung ****. And those digi branches from reliance doesn't have HTs.

My earlier experience with Snapdeal when buying GPU Nvidia 970 was really good, got genuine product with warranty (as i registered the product online and it was genuine) and even the delivery was in 2 days. But no idea why people not recommending snapdeal.

There is no authorized pioneer dealer here and the symphony one who have vsx 329 on demo doesn't have JBL speakers. They have BA xs 5.1 @ 32K with vsx 329 around 27-28K on demo. Heard them but missed the depth in the sound as was present when i tested HTR 2067 with jbl cinema 300, thou the trebles were sharper with more clarity on pioneer and BA combo but missed the depth which killed my interest for BA speakers.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
There is only one reliance digital store in chandigarh and they have nothing but just sony and samsung ****. And those digi branches from reliance doesn't have HTs.

My earlier experience with Snapdeal when buying GPU Nvidia 970 was really good, got genuine product with warranty (as i registered the product online and it was genuine) and even the delivery was in 2 days. But no idea why people not recommending snapdeal.

There is no authorized pioneer dealer here and the symphony one who have vsx 329 on demo doesn't have JBL speakers. They have BA xs 5.1 @ 32K with vsx 329 around 27-28K on demo. Heard them but missed the depth in the sound as was present when i tested HTR 2067 with jbl cinema 300, thou the trebles were sharper with more clarity on pioneer and BA combo but missed the depth which killed my interest for BA speakers.

pioneer is said to be bright or harsh by some. regarding the speakers, the output would differ with a different source. HFV has quite a few users who have X500 + BA XS 5.1, and some have provided feedback. the speakers perhaps perform better with X500, and this AVR is powerful too.

leave out pioneer i would say then, unless you are getting a very good deal on a better AVR from them, say 823K or higher. saw galaxy hifi as dealer in Mohali. but upto you.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
x500 is a basic model, but better in sound, whereas vsx-823-k is features-packed, but the sound is brighter. leave out 2067, as it doesn't HD audio decoding capability. avr-70, has lesser power, though not applicable in your case. can't comment on it beyond that.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
What's your budget and the max you can stretch. Since you won't change or buy gear for HT every year so don't compromise. Better save if you can't get what you are looking for at the moment. Let me know your budget and i hope i will be able to guide you through.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] - he could be getting Yamaha RX-V377 and JBL SCS 200.5 combo. AVR is for 30k. dont know the speaker's price. he doesn't need the networking-facility and other upgrades of V477 (cost - 40k). Yamaha's service is said to be very good in his city Chandigarh, while to buy/service Denon/Marantz, he may have to travel to Delhi (MZ Audio Distribution), hence the preference for Yamaha. one person who has the above combo has invited him to his place for an audition, which he should be doing soon.

Top Bottom