5.1 speakers for Gaming and Movies (Budget 10K)

Badmash

Journeyman
Ok as the topic says i am looking for a new 5.1 speaker system to use with my gaming system. So far i have shortlisted these three:

1. Edifier 5000PRO
2. F&D 6000
3. F&D 6000U

One thing more, do i need sound card to run these? I am already running Creative 5.1 6100 on my Motherboard Audio i.e. Asus P8 Z77 VPRO.

Thanks in advance.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
option #2. you may not require a sound card.
had music-listening also been one of your priorities, i would've recommended option #1 and perhaps a sound card too.

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I have the Edifier DA 5000 Pro and would recommend it to everyone!!! Haven't heard the other two live so won't be able to compare them... A sound card is always recommended though your onboard one should do just fine for these budget speaker setups... :)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I have the Edifier DA 5000 Pro and would recommend it to everyone!!! Haven't heard the other two live so won't be able to compare them... A sound card is always recommended though your onboard one should do just fine for these budget speaker setups... :)

glad to know that you are thoroughly enjoying the DA 5K Pro! :)

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
Thanks guys, but from reviews i have heard that in 5000pro the center speaker is weak and even the sub woofer is weak compared to F&D 6000, is there alot of difference in bass??

P.S. I need really good bass, only reason i am changing from creative 6100 5.1 lol

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
as i wrote earlier, i will still suggest f6000 for your purposes. da5000 pro's bass is not bloated, and quite precise, and is quite 'musical', atleast to me. the center channel would require some tweaks for enhanced output. if your room is mid-sized, the da5000 pro would definitely rattle the windows in it! but for gaming and movies, a bloated/overpowering bass feels good. i can't recall the bass of f6000, but f5090 has almost monster-bass, and may be f6000 also has a good amount of it.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
as i wrote earlier, i will still suggest f6000 for your purposes. da5000 pro's bass is not bloated, and quite precise, and is quite 'musical', atleast to me. the center channel would require some tweaks for enhanced output. if your room is mid-sized, the da5000 pro would definitely rattle the windows in it! but for gaming and movies, a bloated/overpowering bass feels good. i can't recall the bass of f6000, but f5090 has almost monster-bass, and may be f6000 also has a good amount of it.

You mean Edifier Da5000pro doesn't have punchier deeper bass? And F&D have that thumping bass which is better for movies and games? ANd If yes how much difference is there in overall quality, like i mean is it too much difference in details if i go for F&D 6000 instead of Edifier DA5000pro has later one is like 3K costly too??

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
no. as i wrote, da5k pro has non-bloated and quite precise bass, means punchier bass, whereas some F&Ds tend to have bloated/over-powering bass, good for gaming & movies. not much difference in details could i make out, because i listened to f6000 in a noisy environment. if you don't care about listening to HQ music (in which case you might be better off with a sound card too), then by all means get the f6000.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
no. as i wrote, da5k pro has non-bloated and quite precise bass, means punchier bass, whereas some F&Ds tend to have bloated/over-powering bass, good for gaming & movies. not much difference in details could i make out, because i listened to f6000 in a noisy environment. if you don't care about listening to HQ music (in which case you might be better off with a sound card too), then by all means get the f6000.

weird most of other forums and reviews says F&D got punchier bass and got a thump where as Edifier got the vibrations like your doors and windows will rattle with soft bass but you won't feel the thump. Now i am confused :(

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
can you link me to those reviews? may be f6000 has got a punchy bass (i can't say with certainty due to the reason i wrote of above), and it could be, as it was marketed/designed to be a all-round system, whereas OTOH, f5090 was meant for movie-viewing, and has humonguous bass! you could feel the bass of da5k pro in your rib cage when you cross the 55 mark in volume, at the more 'musical' settings, while the punch could be easily sensed in an HQ version (personal-preference) of a track like daft punk's 'give life back to music'.

@powerhoney - listen to the track i just mentioned above on your speakers, an HQ one. its a groovy track. you will be pleased!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]

Thanks for the recommendation... Just listened to the track and it is awesome!!! :)

Nowadays I have become so used to the sound signature of the DA 5000 Pro that I just can't bear to hear anything on my IEMs!!! :-(

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@GhorMaanas

Thanks for the recommendation... Just listened to the track and it is awesome!!! :)

Nowadays I have become so used to the sound signature of the DA 5000 Pro that I just can't bear to hear anything on my IEMs!!! :-(

i am happy to know that! :doublethumb:

but don't forsake your IEMs! :D
which are those?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i am happy to know that! :doublethumb:

but don't forsake your IEMs! :D
which are those?

Just some pairs of Mi Pistons, Denon AHC-260, Cowon EM1, Philips SHE 9700, Soundmagic ES 18, Tekfusion Twinwoofers, a crappy pair of Sony MDR-EX220LP and a long serving but partially busted Creative EP 630!!! :) No fancy IEMs though!!! :-(

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
can you link me to those reviews? may be f6000 has got a punchy bass (i can't say with certainty due to the reason i wrote of above), and it could be, as it was marketed/designed to be a all-round system, whereas OTOH, f5090 was meant for movie-viewing, and has humonguous bass! you could feel the bass of da5k pro in your rib cage when you cross the 55 mark in volume, at the more 'musical' settings, while the punch could be easily sensed in an HQ version (personal-preference) of a track like daft punk's 'give life back to music'.

@powerhoney - listen to the track i just mentioned above on your speakers, an HQ one. its a groovy track. you will be pleased!

Hmmm let me find those reviews again, but you are comparing 6000 with 5090 and i wanted to compare it with 5000pro and it looks like edifier 5000pro is having good quality sound then f&d 6000 in music but the bass output is more in F&D 6000. So its like if i want music i would go for Edifier 5000pro and if games and movies then F&D 6000 cuz of its punchier thumpy powerful bass. I wish someone here had experienced the both sets :/

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Just some pairs of Mi Pistons, Denon AHC-260, Cowon EM1, Philips SHE 9700, Soundmagic ES 18, Tekfusion Twinwoofers, a crappy pair of Sony MDR-EX220LP and a long serving but partially busted Creative EP 630!!! :) No fancy IEMs though!!! :-(

hehe. with such an inventory, why should you be sad for not possessing a pair of 'fancy' IEMs?! :D
i too have the EP630s. still running like a heavy-duty engine, since long! all soundmagics and what-not came and passed away in all this while in front of those! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm let me find those reviews again, but you are comparing 6000 with 5090 and i wanted to compare it with 5000pro and it looks like edifier 5000pro is having good quality sound then f&d 6000 in music but the bass output is more in F&D 6000. So its like if i want music i would go for Edifier 5000pro and if games and movies then F&D 6000 cuz of its punchier thumpy powerful bass. I wish someone here had experienced the both sets :/

you are still confusing the bass. in usual terms, punchy and precise bass --> good for music --> DA5000 Pro
overpowering/overflowing, non-precise, bloated, earth rumbling bass --> good for gaming and movies --> f5090

f6000 would be somewhere in between these two systems, means a sort of an all-rounder for your requirements, which implies that you shouldn't confuse yourselves more, and simply go with f6000. there are 1-2 reviews of it on this forum itself. its a good system. you won't be disappointed, even if listening to music. plus, such speakers have controls for bass, mids, treble individually, and moreover you will be having a software on your PC too for that, so don't worry unduly. just go ahead with f6000 gladly.

P.S. - don't purchase it from snapdeal.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
hehe. with such an inventory, why should you be sad for not possessing a pair of 'fancy' IEMs?! :D
i too have the EP630s. still running like a heavy-duty engine, since long! all soundmagics and what-not came and passed away in all this while in front of those! :)

- - - Updated - - -

you are still confusing the bass. in usual terms, punchy and precise bass --> good for music --> DA5000 Pro
overpowering/overflowing, non-precise, bloated, earth rumbling bass --> good for gaming and movies --> f5090

f6000 would be somewhere in between these two systems, means a sort of an all-rounder for your requirements, which implies that you shouldn't confuse yourselves more, and simply go with f6000. there are 1-2 reviews of it on this forum itself. its a good system. you won't be disappointed, even if listening to music. plus, such speakers have controls for bass, mids, treble individually, and moreover you will be having a software on your PC too for that, so don't worry unduly. just go ahead with f6000 gladly.

@op

+1000 to this suggestion!!! :-D

robotsmani

Journeyman

Yes.... recently i ordered and got a dead unit and fought with snapdeal. Anyway they refunded the money. But the frustration is like :banghead:

Me to planning for F6000. Here is the ebay F D F6000 Multimedia Speaker | eBay and waiting for any 10% or 12% coupons. Because it is little pricy...

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much, i am going for F&D F6000 then but i was ordering from snapdeal only lol as its not available at that price anywhere else and more over Flipkart and other sites only got 6000U model and i want the 6000 model not the U as i heard bass for 6000 is better then its U model and i dont care about usb input tbh :(

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Thank you so much, i am going for F&D F6000 then but i was ordering from snapdeal only lol as its not available at that price anywhere else and more over Flipkart and other sites only got 6000U model and i want the 6000 model not the U as i heard bass for 6000 is better then its U model and i dont care about usb input tbh :(

welcome! robotsmani's purchase-experience was the reason i wrote not to buy from snapdeal. i would suggest to first scour your local electronics-market. you should get it cheaper there than ebay. availability shouldn't be an issue, as i keep seeing f&d speakers even in the electronics-shops of small towns nowadays.
or wait till 26th Jan. some may offer may come along the way. else, explore the payumoney option (though not applicable to ebay).

Top Bottom