5.1 speakers for Gaming and Movies (Budget 10K)

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
welcome! robotsmani's purchase-experience was the reason i wrote not to buy from snapdeal. i would suggest to first scour your local electronics-market. you should get it cheaper there than ebay. availability shouldn't be an issue, as i keep seeing f&d speakers even in the electronics-shops of small towns nowadays.
or wait till 26th Jan. some may offer may come along the way. else, explore the payumoney option (though not applicable to ebay).

Ok searching local market today in Chandigarh, the lowest price i got for F&D F6000 is Rs 7500 but on snapdeal its Rs 6500 :(

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=123683]robotsmani[/MENTION], [MENTION=132887]Badmash[/MENTION] - ebay 10% off coupon - EBAYHNY013. try it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok searching local market today in Chandigarh, the lowest price i got for F&D F6000 is Rs 7500 but on snapdeal its Rs 6500 :(

hehe. local shopkeepers trying to imitate ebay. :p
if possible, visit nehru place some day.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
[MENTION=123683]robotsmani[/MENTION], [MENTION=132887]Badmash[/MENTION] - ebay 10% off coupon - EBAYHNY013. try it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

hehe. local shopkeepers trying to imitate ebay. :p
if possible, visit nehru place some day.

lol ebay service is very poor here, my last order from snapdeal took more then a month :( .. Snapdeal take 5-6 days and flipkart 1-2 days only.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, how much sound quality difference would i notice when moving from Creative T6100 5.1 to F&D F6000??

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
ebay doesn't deliver. its the seller's responsibility. it would be your last seller's fault to ship your product so late. and if a seller delivers a product later than the time-frame allowed to him by ebay, you are liable for a refund. if late by so-and-so days, you can cancel the order and apply for refund, and if still late, then the refund gets automatically processed.

i haven't listened to the T6100, but perhaps its an older and powerwise inferior system, so the aural-difference could be substantial (though probably not much with regard to surround-effects).
if you want to risk trying snapdeal, you may go ahead. if something goes awry, you will be refunded sooner or later, but do keep in mind and be prepared mentally for the wait and other hassles if the purchase turns out to be unfruitful.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
Hmmmm i ordered GTX 970 from snapdeal last month, got it in 4 days lol so my snapdeal experience was good so far :p and pathetic with Ebay.in :/ and why i mentioned my old 6100 that i don't want to regret if i didn't feel much upgrade difference as i wanted something alot better then this T6100 setup :p

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
then place the order with SD.
with regard to T6100, can't be of much help unfortunately.

Ok thanks but just 1 last question lol, Is there much difference between this F&D F6000 and Edifier DA5000PRO? I mean if there is noticeable difference in quality then i will be regretting getting F&D as i have the budget till 10K and Edifier is for 10K at snapdeal.

P.S. I know i am really confused as most of the people here in my town saying F&D is okay okay where as edifier is top notch quality :/

robotsmani

Journeyman
Hmmmm i ordered GTX 970 from snapdeal last month, got it in 4 days lol so my snapdeal experience was good so far :p and pathetic with Ebay.in :/ and why i mentioned my old 6100 that i don't want to regret if i didn't feel much upgrade difference as i wanted something alot better then this T6100 setup :p

Even i was having good experience with SD. All my previous orders are good but more time for delivery. So that i trusted and ordered a little big item this time...but :shock:

Ok thanks but just 1 last question lol, Is there much difference between this F&D F6000 and Edifier DA5000PRO? I mean if there is noticeable difference in quality then i will be regretting getting F&D as i have the budget till 10K and Edifier is for 10K at snapdeal.

P.S. I know i am really confused as most of the people here in my town saying F&D is okay okay where as edifier is top notch quality :/

When i am doing research on these...somewhere i read that the DA5000 pro having the weak center speaker and the music friendly bass not for movies. But the F&D 6000 is having good bass for movies.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
Even i was having good experience with SD. All my previous orders are good but more time for delivery. So that i trusted and ordered a little big item this time...but :shock:

When i am doing research on these...somewhere i read that the DA5000 pro having the weak center speaker and the music friendly bass not for movies. But the F&D 6000 is having good bass for movies.

Check the reviews here >>> Edifier DA5000PRO 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.10899/- | Snapdeal

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

most who are comparing the two and singing songs about edifier's 'top notch' quality, am sure they are doing it on the basis of their experience with edifier's 2.1 systems, which are very popular among the masses. even this DA5K Pro is very sound musically, and reproduces music very well for a 5.1 system. but keep in mind that its rear speakers (and center one too, to some extent, but can be tweaked) are low-powered. plus, you will need a sound card to extract the better out of this system.

if most of your usage is going to be gaming and movies, get f6000. for music, its not like it would reproduce sound like some speakers from a nukkad ki mahfil. you will enjoy music too on them. going by your usage-priority, no need spending more. you'll get value for your money spent under your present budget in f6000 itself. its a VFM all-rounder system.

BTW, both are chinese companies. edifier is quite old, f&d is a newer kid on the block, but a promising one, and has earned a good repute in the past 3-4 years.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
If you can increase the budget check Edifier C6XD as its has lots of input connectitions including optical.

If can compromise on 2.1 then C2XD.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
oh yes! lol i forgot about C6XD being 5.1! thanks for the reminder @sandynator . :thumbs:

@Badmash - since now you've declared your budget to be 10k, you could also consider what sandy has suggested. having an optical input at that price is an advantage, but a downside for you may be that the sub and overall system is less powerful than DA5K Pro and f6000.

- - - Updated - - -

check this new ebay discount-code, quick! - EBAYHNY012
12% off. Max of ₹2500, applicable for purchases above ₹2500. Else 8%.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
oh yes! lol i forgot about C6XD being 5.1! thanks for the reminder @sandynator . :thumbs:

@Badmash - since now you've declared your budget to be 10k, you could also consider what sandy has suggested. having an optical input at that price is an advantage, but a downside for you may be that the sub and overall system is less powerful than DA5K Pro and f6000.

- - - Updated - - -

check this new ebay discount-code, quick! - EBAYHNY012
12% off. Max of ₹2500, applicable for purchases above ₹2500. Else 8%.

lol no i can't sacrifice power and quality over inputs as i am just gonna use it with my PC. And another update is, no dealer in chandigarh got Edifier 5000PRO, or any model of edifier. And checking reviews of Edifier 5000 pro on snapdeal, no one complained about low center speaker volume or bass problem. Everyone is happy with the sound for movies too. So now my concern is if i go for Edifier 5000pro as my room is only 10 x 12 ft i will be satisfied as it packs alot more clarity then F&D 6000, from where i could get this Edifier Model for around 10K in chandigarh??

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
the center speaker problem may or may not arise. there's a thread on this on one other forum. but one thing what it surely lacks is prowess in the rear speakers. although rear speakers are perhaps meant to be a little less powerful than the front ones, but if you keep them at your ear-level (while sitting) either at your sides or in the more traditional form of exactly behind you, but not very far, you may not feel the lack so much. but still, i would again recommend the f6000. with DA5K Pro, as i wrote earlier, a card like Xonar DX would better drive them. i think that's not a requirement with f6000. does Chandigarh have 'more' megastore?

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
the center speaker problem may or may not arise. there's a thread on this on one other forum. but one thing what it surely lacks is prowess in the rear speakers. although rear speakers are perhaps meant to be a little less powerful than the front ones, but if you keep them at your ear-level (while sitting) either at your sides or in the more traditional form of exactly behind you, but not very far, you may not feel the lack so much. but still, i would again recommend the f6000. with DA5K Pro, as i wrote earlier, a card like Xonar DX would better drive them. i think that's not a requirement with f6000. does Chandigarh have 'more' megastore?

Alright, for now i am gonna go with F&D F6000 as its really cheap at snapdeal and as you said its best for movies. I guess instead of spending 11-12K for Edifier DA5000 PRO its better to go for z906 after few months :) and hopefully i will be satisfied with theater sound that F&D will provide for now :) AND no i dont think more got any megastore here :/

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Alright, for now i am gonna go with F&D F6000 as its really cheap at snapdeal and as you said its best for movies. I guess instead of spending 11-12K for Edifier DA5000 PRO its better to go for z906 after few months :) and hopefully i will be satisfied with theater sound that F&D will provide for now :) AND no i dont think more got any megastore here :/

very well! good decision; except that if you want to spend to buy a better system after a few months, then buy an HTiB instead of Z906, as Z906 sells for above 20k now, and in that price-range, an HTiB (like Onkyo S3400/S3500, Yamaha HT196, etc., or a better package with an active sub and better speakers like of denon and a solid AVR, in a second deal) will be a better option.

OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
very well! good decision; except that if you want to spend to buy a better system after a few months, then buy an HTiB instead of Z906, as Z906 sells for above 20k now, and in that price-range, an HTiB (like Onkyo S3400/S3500, Yamaha HT196, etc., or a better package with an active sub and better speakers like of denon and a solid AVR, in a second deal) will be a better option.

Isn't z906 better then all entry level HT under 25K?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Isn't z906 better then all entry level HT under 25K?

can't comment on SQ (its highly subjective; some find yamaha better, some onkyo, but haven't come across any direct comparison of SQ of Z906 and onkyo/yamaha, but there are people who have listened to all), but the customisation-options and the decoding of various audio formats of/by an AVR alone warrant a serious attention.

a quote from a person i know on another forum - "...There are many reasons. Not just versatility, the overall PERFORMANCE of Onkyo is much better than Z906, mid range is just one department I am referring to."

that might give a little idea about comparison of SQ.

plus, not to forget the HD audio output one would get via HDMI through an AVR. i think ezone is one outlet where you can audition the Z906 and some HTiBs too. you may check. but all that can be done later; for now, f6000 it is! :thumbs:

Last edited:
OP
B

Badmash

Journeyman
can't comment on SQ (its highly subjective; some find yamaha better, some onkyo, but haven't come across any direct comparison of SQ of Z906 and onkyo/yamaha, but there are people who have listened to all), but the customisation-options and the decoding of various audio formats of/by an AVR alone warrant a serious attention.

a quote from a person i know on another forum - "...There are many reasons. Not just versatility, the overall PERFORMANCE of Onkyo is much better than Z906, mid range is just one department I am referring to."

that might give a little idea about comparison of SQ.

plus, not to forget the HD audio output one would get via HDMI through an AVR. i think ezone is one outlet where you can audition the Z906 and some HTiBs too. you may check. but all that can be done later; for now, f6000 it is! :thumbs:

lol yeah thank you for all your help, i just hope F&D F6000 is enough for theater experience in my small 10 by 12ft room :p

Top Bottom