256kbps unlimited internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
who doesn't have hidden costs. Am ready to pay 100 bucks extra if i can get uninterrupted internet 24x7

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Alliance Broabdnad - *www.alliancekolkata.com/packagedetails.php - BEST IN KOLKATA

384kbps for Rs.699.

For the last 2 years I also had alliance 256kbps unlimited connection at Rs.499 per month. But it is down for the last 1 month, since cyclone Aila hit WB. They are making no efforts to rectify this. I call them every 2-3 days to remind and everytime I am told it will be done within the next day. This, combined with 5-7 days downtime every month has made me think of different internet connections. Otherwise, I was satisfied with Alliance for the 1st 1.5 years. Their pathetic attitude has made me take this decision. I too thought that was the best in Kolkata...:evil:

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@OP - just curious why ur avoiding BSNL....

If you are asking me, then let me tell you that I had major billing problems with BSNL dataone when I had the home 500 connection. After much trouble and harrassment and 2 1/2 years of fighting with BSNL officials (starting in July 2006 and ending in Feb 2009), I have managed to get that connection disconnected and the bills in the range of Rs.50k-60k waived off. My family and myself have vowed not to walk in the direction of any product of BSNL again...:evil::x

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
@digitized:
It will be enlightening to readers if you explained how you came to be billed 50-60k.

When BSNL started giving out BB connections in my town, they didn't send bills to their subscibers for the first 5 or 6 months, and then lumped it all in one large bill. Many customers had problems paying their bills. Some of my friends were billed more than 30k. After a lot of complaints from the public, BSNL made provision to pay the outstanding amounts in installments.

It was partly BSNL's fault for remaining silent for several months. But it was also the customers' fault. Many of them had been using their limited home plans as if they were unlimited ones without regard to their monthly limits.

Personally, I kept checking my usage and exceeded my limit only slightly for a couple of months. Even then, BSNL overcharged me by about 1.8k. I had kept records, called BSNL and asked them to compare it with their bill. They admitted their mistake and reduced the bill to the correct amount.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@digitized:
It will be enlightening to readers if you explained how you came to be billed 50-60k.

When BSNL started giving out BB connections in my town, they didn't send bills to their subscibers for the first 5 or 6 months, and then lumped it all in one large bill. Many customers had problems paying their bills. Some of my friends were billed more than 30k. After a lot of complaints from the public, BSNL made provision to pay the outstanding amounts in installments.

It was partly BSNL's fault for remaining silent for several months. But it was also the customers' fault. Many of them had been using their limited home plans as if they were unlimited ones without regard to their monthly limits.

Personally, I kept checking my usage and exceeded my limit only slightly for a couple of months. Even then, BSNL overcharged me by about 1.8k. I had kept records, called BSNL and asked them to compare it with their bill. They admitted their mistake and reduced the bill to the correct amount.

This is indeed an intriguing experience that I had undergone.

Well, old-timers here will know this. I had a home 500 connection which had night unlimited from 2am-8am with a daytime monthly limit of 1GB at that time. I had taken the connection on June 2006 and never crossed my daytime limit of 1GB. But I used it as an unlimited connection during 2AM-8AM every night. To keep safe, I used to connect at 2:10AM and disconnect at 7:50AM. I had records from the BSNL portal for all of this to prove that. I used to do all this by windows scheduled tasks. BSNL never considered the night unlimited usage as free and billed our connection as extra usage charges over 1024MB (1GB).

Repeated visits to various officers at various levels at BSNL never yielded any positive results. I used to visit their local billing office, the local exchange, even the Kolkata head office at Telephone Bhaban, BBD Bag.

My dataone connection and incoming and outgoing calls were disconnected in Dec 2006 due to non-payment of bills. All this time we had repeatedly visited various offices of BSNL. They even sent me a legal notice. We replied with a legal threat of our own threatening to sue them and take them to consumer court. Situation was deadlocked at that time. During this time I got married and went off to US for professional reasons. Came back from US to see various bills from BSNL again. Then finally my father-in-law, who's a retired officer from the West Bengal legislative assembly, used his contacts to get this mess sorted out and permanently disconnect our BSNL number.

The sad thing is that BSNL never considered the night unlimited usage as unlimited...Now we have sorted everything out and have vowed never to use any BSNL product again.

We now have a landline phone from Tata Indicom, internet connection from Alliance broadband, 3 mobile phones from Vodafone and we are very happy and satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom