250MB Space + 2.5GB Transfer for Rs12/month!!!

Pat

Beyond Smart
Re: Preorder 0.5GB Space + 5GB Transfer for Rs120/- a year!!

Thanks a lot..Just logged in and checked the details! Looks good so far! I will get in touch with you if I have any queries! Thanks once again for the prompt service :)

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Re: Preorder 0.5GB Space + 5GB Transfer for Rs120/- a year!!

@htnakirs, rajesh201985, abhi.eternal & dd_wingrider. Still waiting for your payments. Please make them ASAP so that I can open your accounts without any delay.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey cyrus the virus
i will be buying an account from you .. i just need more research now about how my website !! and how it should be and how i should create one !

can you give me some links where i can learn all that ??
my website will be about tutorials and Sony ericsson hacking and also my blog

also what about domain name .. i need to buy one !!
just need to think of a domain name !

add me on yahoo !! akshay1205 is my id

about payment its not prob.. will pay you through bank transfer ! now tell me about your plans !!

i see prices have gone up .. that's bad !!

Last edited:
OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
hey cyrus the virus
i will be buying an account from you .. i just need more research now about how my website !! and how it should be and how i should create one !

Please check Post#72. It gives you the details of the automated website installed called fantastico.

Apart from fantastico, there is a new tool available which is called RVsite builder which allows you do design and build a site to your preference through a step by step setup wizard.

If you would Like to check out these options, I would suggest you to please try out the demo account listed on the Frist post in this thread.

can you give me some links where i can learn all that ??
my website will be about tutorials and Sony ericsson hacking and also my blog

You will find a lot of documentation around on the web on how to use your cPanel control panel to the most effective use. just go to cpanel.net and you will find all the documentation that relates to the cPanel. You can try out the demo account while you learn the same.

also what about domain name .. i need to buy one !!
just need to think of a domain name !

This is by far the most difficult thing. But you don't need to worry much, because you can host multiple domains under the plans unlike other providers who allow only one or 2 domains to be hosted. So, even if you get one domain and later decide to get another fancy domain name, you can easily get one and just addon that to the current package! simple as that, no need to get a new package for a new domain.

add me on yahoo !! akshay1205 is my id

Added

about payment its not prob.. will pay you through online sbi !! bank transfer ! now tell me about your plans !!

Bank transfer should be fine, but if you have paypal, that's also fine.

i see prices have gone up .. that's bad !!

Yes, prices from the intial offer has gone up due to the reasons mentioned in the first post, however, the prices are still darn cheap!! :D

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@amitava82, your hosting account has been activated! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/36.gif

Enjoy!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

amitava82

MMO Addict
Hopefully everyone got their account up and running :)
I was just wondering who is hosting what? May be you wanna post your website link so that we can have a look. Just curious :grin:
I'll post mine sometime tomorrow after some bug fixing.

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Hopefully everyone got their account up and running :)
I was just wondering who is hosting what? May be you wanna post your website link so that we can have a look. Just curious :grin:
I'll post mine sometime tomorrow after some bug fixing.

Good idea, if everyone is fine with providing their website links, I'll probably post it in the beginning against their Id's so that everyone can see what they are hosting on the service :D

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@stick, your hosting account has been activated! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/36.gif

Enjoy!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

Accounts Activated to date:

1.> cyberharsh - Linux Dhamaka Offer – Rs299/-

2.> life31 - Linux Beginner Package - Rs149/-

3.> Pat - Linux Dhamaka Offer with .com Domain – Rs499/-

4.> amitava82 - Linux Beginner Package - Rs149/-

5.> stick - Linux Beginner Package - Rs149/-

Payments yet to recieve:

6.> dd_wingrider - Linux Personal Package – Rs249/-

7.> pathiks - Linux Dhamaka Offerwith .in domain – Rs349/-

8.> abhi.eternal
- Linux Dhamaka Offer with .in Domain – Rs349/-

9.> rajesh201985 - Linux Beginner Package + 2yr .com Domain – Rs947/-

10.> htnakirs - Linux Beginner Package - Rs149/-

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
i am a complete n00b in web site building..
u have some nice offeres..
but where is 70 rs offer.. did u removed it.....

i have some queries...
some say that .info ,.in domains are not so good..is it true..does it have any effect like google listing and so on..

next is i understand what a webspace means..domain means..but didn't know what bandwidth mean ie, what 2.5 GB transfer what does it mean..please do not provided any links..explain urself in simple words...

next is site building .. well can we design our site like www.gigasmilies.com or www.askvg.com ...
and can we have forum in the site...and email support in the site..

i have no net connection in my home..but can access net via college(Linux)..if i built my site does i have to have net in my home..can't i update the site online without using any softwares..or i have to use some ftp software..
i can visit the cafe for twice or thrice regarding site building but can't visit it daily....

which is the best offer(with any domain name) u suggest which is very cost efficient(coz i have to pay it with my pocket money..) for me..the site will be used like a blog..

next can we earn money with the help of our site..like using adsense or something..

Last edited:
OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
i am a complete n00b in web site building..
u have some nice offeres..
but where is 70 rs offer.. did u removed it.....

Offers had changed as mentioned in the first post.;)

i have some queries...
some say that .info ,.in domains are not so good..is it true..does it have any effect like google listing and so on..

that's absolutely nonsense. it has nothing to do with ratings. It's just a personal preference. Some of those who think .com is the only way you can establish yourself is crap, there are lot of websites out there that has good reputation, traffic and content that have .info, .org etc as the domain extension.

next is i understand what a webspace means..domain means..but didn't know what bandwidth mean ie, what 2.5 GB transfer what does it mean..please do not provided any links..explain urself in simple words...

The monthly bandwidth is the similar to the bandwidth on your internet connection, which means the server will count the amount of data that is being uploaded and downloaded from it. The total upload and download on the account combined together for a single month for a single month is called the bandwidth. If you run just a simple blog with about 1000unique visitors everymonth with not too many vidoes or graphics files on the site, then 2-3GB should be well enough.

next is site building .. well can we design our site like www.gigasmilies.com or www.askvg.com ...
and can we have forum in the site...and email support in the site..

It really depends on your level of skill and knowledge. The service being provided is the base service on which you can do absolutely anything(legal) within the prescribed bandwidth and disk space. The only thing you are limited to is your imagination. There are lot of easy install scripts available via fantastico. I had mentioned what fantastico is all about a few posts back, here's the link: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=706560&postcount=72

i have no net connection in my home..but can access net via college(Linux)..if i built my site does i have to have net in my home..can't i update the site online without using any softwares..or i have to use some ftp software..
i can visit the cafe for twice or thrice regarding site building but can't visit it daily....

You don't need any software. Everything can be done online. The only problem is, say you design your website offline, then you will need an ftp software to upload the files at one go, else you can still use the online tools available to upload the files one by one. It really depends on the content that you upload, if you don't upload much, you really wouldn't need an ftp sofware or any other sotware. Everything can be done online via the sofwares available online on the server.

which is the best offer(with any domain name) u suggest which is very cost efficient(coz i have to pay it with my pocket money..) for me..the site will be used like a blog..

Well for you, get the dhamaka package with the .info domain and 300MB disk space and 3GB bandwidth.

next can we earn money with the help of our site..like using adsense or something..

It's upto you like I said before, it's only limited by your imagination. You can put up what ever you want so long it doesn't violate the hosting terms of service.

life31

Journeyman
Ok, as I told, here is my website: www.iupgbsa.info
Let me know what you think...send me some ideas, bugs reports etc., :grin:
Demo user account: demo@iupgbsa.info Password: sam

Wow superb... beautiful look.

Liked the header pic (building and the arc).

By the way whats the demo account i mean login is it just to mantain records of all the members or you have any more plans for it???

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Amit,
The color scheme is nice but it hurts nice when you want to reda the text. Eyes have to fight to read text over bright background ans contrast is not enough.

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Guys, I appreciate you posting your sites hosted here, but for the sake of clarity, please try to keep the discussion of those on a different thread.

prasad_den

Padawan
@cyrus: offtopic: I would like to create a site that is very much similar to wikipedia, but restricted to one subject only.. will the phpwiki option in fantastico be enough for this. And using that, can i restrict editing ability only to a certain group of people who i classify as editors...?

Anyway, I'm very much interested in the linux personal package at 249 a year.
And can you let me know how much is the renewal fee after 1 year for .in and .com domains..?

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@cyrus: offtopic: I would like to create a site that is very much similar to wikipedia, but restricted to one subject only.. will the phpwiki option in fantastico be enough for this. And using that, can i restrict editing ability only to a certain group of people who i classify as editors...?

Well, since I haven't personally used the phpwiki script, I wouldn't be able to comment on it's functions, it's better you do a bit of googling to get answers from their projects or possibly from people who have used it before.

Anyway, I'm very much interested in the linux personal package at 249 a year.
And can you let me know how much is the renewal fee after 1 year for .in and .com domains..?

Good to know you are interested, however, please do make atleast your order at the earliest so that you are protected from any price rises.

The renewal for .com remains the same, however, the .in will cost Rs599 from the second year onwards.

Top Bottom