20 fps only with 560ti :(

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I am facing this issue from past 1 week . Almost in every game my fps goes down from 60-70 to 20-25 . but as soon as i reinstall my graphic driver , fps again become normal but only for short time . Then i have to reinstall my driver again and again :( . I am using nvidia beta driver 314.22 just released .

Some info

My pc
intel i3 2120 3.3ghz
4 gb ddr3 ram
window 7 32bit
zotac 560ti g one edition :D @ stock
corsair VS 450

I have installed evga precision to increase my fan speed while gaming . Temperature remain fine , below 75 degree .

Any help is appreciated !

> Try going back to the latest WHQL certified drivers.
> Make sure some cpu intensive applications are not running in background.
> Try clean installing the driver and not messing with Nvidia control panel.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I am facing this issue from past 1 week . Almost in every game my fps goes down from 60-70 to 20-25 . but as soon as i reinstall my graphic driver , fps again become normal but only for short time . Then i have to reinstall my driver again and again :( . I am using nvidia beta driver 314.22 just released .

Some info

My pc
intel i3 2120 3.3ghz
4 gb ddr3 ram
window 7 32bit
corsair VS 450

I have installed evga precision to increase my fan speed while gaming . Temperature remain fine , below 75 degree .

Any help is appreciated !

try older drivers & see if the issue persists or not.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I think your card may be overheating.

Check the temps when you play game.

No temp is just fine , below 75

Anyways , downloading WHQL driver and see . And i am not running any cpu intensive program while gaming .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some of the games are eally very cpu intnsive ,, like GTA 4, BFBC2 etc. .. so make sure your cpu is not over heating and you have proper cabinet ventilation.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
some of the games are eally very cpu intnsive ,, like GTA 4, BFBC2 etc. .. so make sure your cpu is not over heating and you have proper cabinet ventilation.

You are right , cpu temp goes as high as 81 while gaming . But since i have reinstalled the latest stable driver for nvidia , will wait for fps to go in the rang of 20-25 again and will see the temp .

Do this: run some game that is more gpu intensive than cpu intensive, while monitoring both usage and temperaturers.

In almost every game i have , tomb raider , hitman , i am getting 20-25 fps even in resident evil 6 which is totally gpu dependant

try using some Game booster.. Razor Game Booster is pretty effective..

Already tried .

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I think its a heating issue , since temperature goes to 90 degree for processor during video conversion . What should i do ?

gpu temp is fine - remain below 70 degree while gaming !

Edit - fps again drop to 14-20 .

In tomb raider where i normally get 40-60 fps , i am getting 12-18 fps . Cpu usage remain below 75% . In gta which is a cpu intensive game , it is almost unplayable . Will install driver again to see whether it fix the issue .

Edit 2 - Again re-installed the stable driver and fps goes normal :( , Is this a window problem ?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
when you re-install VGA driver the fps stays normal for long ? CPU may start to overheat when a game continuously runs for a while .. cpu starts to throttle and fps reduces .. and you said temp also goes high when video encoding. Either you can buy a cheap cooler like Cm Hyper TX3 Evo or opt for for some thermal paste like DeepCool Z5/Z9 though getting an aftermarket cooler has it's own advantages over stock HSF.

When cpu heats up and comes closer to its TJmax, it starts to throttle down, and as cpu is responsible for generation of work for the GPU, the gpu usage remains low. Please try to run the card in some other pc using WHQL drivers.

When cpu heats up and comes closer to its TJmax, it starts to throttle down, and as cpu is responsible for generation of work for the GPU, the gpu usage remains low. Please try to run the card in some other pc using WHQL drivers.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
My pc
intel i3 2120 3.3ghz
4 gb ddr3 ram
window 7 32bit
corsair VS 450

that PSU is not good. maybe its not supplying adequate power. for Corsair, the minimum choice should be CX series.

Reaseat your proccy with good TIM.

Dust your cabby and all the components. do some cable management.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Thanks all , done some cleaning , and applied the TIM , temperature is fine while gaming
*s11.postimg.org/50zwmqm8z/cpu_d.png

Will buy cooler if temperature becomes hot again . Will wait to see whether i will still get fps drop !

when you re-install VGA driver the fps stays normal for long ? CPU may start to overheat when a game continuously runs for a while .. cpu starts to throttle and fps reduces .. and you said temp also goes high when video encoding. Either you can buy a cheap cooler like Cm Hyper TX3 Evo or opt for for some thermal paste like DeepCool Z5/Z9 though getting an aftermarket cooler has it's own advantages over stock HSF.

Depends , sometime 1 day , sometime few hours . Sometime fps drop whileplaying game whil most of the time it drop when i restart the PC

Do one thing. Go into BIOS and manually set the minimum duty cycle of CPU fan to 60-70%. Don't worry about the noise, they are very silent as their max RPM is ~2200 RPM.

Top Bottom