2 gB Usable out of 4 gb,can this be the reason of system slowing down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hey there
So from the past few days my computer has become slow.
I deleted some malware via malware byte.
Secondly,gta 4 had also become veryy laggy and sometimes it takes lots of time to even open task manger
Today i checked the ram and it shows 4GB(2GB USABLE)

*i49.tinypic.com/2h7e78x.jpg

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nope. I guess, the rest of the memory is being used for Graphics Memory.

Not sure, lets see what others have to say.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
igfx may be enabled even if you have discrete GPU. PEG is given more priority so maybe igfx is ignored despite being it on.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@theserpent,
do you know how to disassemble and reassemble a system?:wink:
if yes then do it.because it is very difficult to suggest any thing without clear details.here in this case the culprit could be anything.so its better to reassemble the rig from scratch.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I don't know how to assemble.
I had removed the gpu cleaned the fan with a soft brush.
Inserted the Gpu back,when i turn the chasis on...the CPU fan turns,and the fan turnin sound also can be heard
The monitor shows no signal(It always shows it before the computer turns on) tommorow th Computer wala will come and check it out

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ GPU is fine....I removed the gpu and also tried(by connecting display adapter to mobo) still doesn't work, i even removed The CMOS for 10 mins and inserted back still no use

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Remove RAM sticks-->Clean-->Put again

Change slots this time.

I guess your GFX card requires extra power, did you remember to connect the 4/6 pin connectors?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disconnect everything from USB ports, except KB & Mouse and try booting. I was facing a similar problem, and that works. Even cleaning/changing RAM sticks didn't help.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Re: 2 gB Usable out of 4 gb,can this be the reason of system slowing down"

Disconnect everything from USB ports, except KB & Mouse and try booting. I was facing a similar problem, and that works. Even cleaning/changing RAM sticks didn't help.

But only kb&mouse is connected to USB

thanks to everyone who said remove ram it works now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom