2.1 Speakers:- Budget 8k

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get Norge Nano Speakers + Norge 2060/4242 AMP within Rs 16K/14K, you will thank me for the rest of your life. Klipsch though good but this stereo set up is mind blowing.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hi how about this Norge Nano Bookshelf Speakers Norge Nano Bookshelf Speakers 7,750 Rs + Astonia SC-300 3,500 Rs Total 11,250 Rs along with a CD Player to assemble a mini hi-fi for a friend. I was thinking to create a tread but Norge Nano name came here so thought to just post it here.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Astonia is superb, but that Toroidal Transformer in 4242/2060 has huge current reserve to take on any transient response from the source..

The Astonia and the Boston XS 2.1 would be a killer combo too and will put systems costing 50K to shame.

Knight2A4

In the zone
but that would rise the price to 15k where as i wanted to include a cd player with usd & flac reading capacity any advice .....

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get the CD player later,after getting the speaker and amp because a bad source will kill the entire audio chain. Best is to scout for second hand CD layers in HIFI forums or ebay going cheap.

And till then use a phone or whatever, save up and buy later. The Astonia and Boston for low end and quality of sound is amazing but then there is the evil the SUB bring for stereo..... but if you want true stereo imaging get the Nanos.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Norge Nano Speakers + Norge 2060/4242 AMP so be with it. well tell him to repair his old cd set for time being what about cd player with usd & flac reading capacity any advice ..... A good 2.0 better than an average 2.1 ......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Source I'm not aware of doing flac except for the ones over 30ks.Check in store for some Panasonic or Pioneer. Both have different sound. signature though. To my ears a proper amp two speaker 2.0 is far better over a 2.1.

Knight2A4

In the zone
I also notice the same difference from Logitech to Philips .......

O.k we have decided to use his lappy as the source that will solve the cd & flac problem but he is insisting on going for Norge Nano Bookshelf Speakers + Astonia SC-300 b/c that will save him 5k. Could you explain the term
huge current reserve to take on any transient response from the source..
. I tired goolgeing it but the results did not connect in terms of current reserve & transient response from the source. That would help me to explain to him better. Reset we will see....

Knight2A4

In the zone
Do you mean hick ups during playback due to fluctuation and there for huge current reserve in amplifier to counter it.

josin

In the zone
Do you mean hick ups during playback due to fluctuation and there for huge current reserve in amplifier to counter it.

Please visit Anatomy of Norge 1000 GOLD Stereo Integrated Amplifier and Anatomy of Norge 1000 GOLD Stereo Integrated Amplifier - Page 5 to understand more about your query

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Exactly, the power reserve come in to play when theres sudden rise in musical passages,the resistance drop to low levels,its actually then the toroidals reserves come in to play for a class AB amplifier.

bhautikjoshi

Broken In
Might be slightly off budget on this thread

I have shortlisted 3 budget 2.1 speakers for casual listening in a small room, mostly streaming music from my android phone, also looking for USB option if possible.

Max budget is up to 5K

F&D A555U (Has USB, but no BT streaming)
F&D W330BT (This one has got more positive reviews, no USB)
Sony SRS-D9 (Good feedback on Bass, but not sure if it balances treble output from reviews I have read)

Please suggest

Knight2A4

In the zone
@ Josin Thanks for the post It was quite interesting to read.

O.K I AM NOT AN ELECTRIC ENGINEER BELOW IS TAKEN FROM THE REVIEW

So for most audio amplifiers direct power supplies is not capable of driving their rated power continuously and transformer in an amp. produce enough power to drive the power amp & pre–amp after which the amount of current lift is helped by the reserved filter capacitors when sudden rise in peak intensity.The power that is left after feeding power amp & pre amp is what the constant watts output. Astonia SC-300 as 25 watts per channel for 8 ohms. If what I under stand is correct then it 25 watts of continuous power output for a 8 ohms speaker. I would like to know what would be the changes on the output if the Independence is lower instead of 8 ohms if it 4 ohms then should not the output increase since resistance is lower now. Its also should be noted that rishiguru chose of speakers where sony SS-GN88D these speakers had a Subwoofer : 8”x1, Mid woofer : 3”x2, Tweeter : 2”x1 Where as Norge Nano has Mid Woofer : 4.5”x1, Tweeter : 1”x1 What will be the power reserve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom