2.1 Speakers:- Budget 8k

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yes if the impedance is low say 4 OHMs, it represents a difficult load to the amp and this where the Current Reserve and High Current Mosfet stages come in to play and a good combination of both wont make the Amplifier Clip WHEN THE LOAD IS DIFFICULT OR SAY when the foot drum and the cello are playing towards a climax in full swing with a rise in volume from the string section ,if you get what I mean.These Transient Shifts are difficult for an amp if not done properly.The amplifier will lose breath and start clipping.This is mostly the case for a Class AB amplifier and not so often in a Class A amplifier, its because they work differently.

josin

In the zone
@ Josin Thanks for the post It was quite interesting to read.

O.K I AM NOT AN ELECTRIC ENGINEER BELOW IS TAKEN FROM THE REVIEW

So for most audio amplifiers direct power supplies is not capable of driving their rated power continuously and transformer in an amp. produce enough power to drive the power amp & pre–amp after which the amount of current lift is helped by the reserved filter capacitors when sudden rise in peak intensity.The power that is left after feeding power amp & pre amp is what the constant watts output. Astonia SC-300 as 25 watts per channel for 8 ohms. If what I under stand is correct then it 25 watts of continuous power output for a 8 ohms speaker. I would like to know what would be the changes on the output if the Independence is lower instead of 8 ohms if it 4 ohms then should not the output increase since resistance is lower now. Its also should be noted that rishiguru chose of speakers where sony SS-GN88D these speakers had a Subwoofer : 8”x1, Mid woofer : 3”x2, Tweeter : 2”x1 Where as Norge Nano has Mid Woofer : 4.5”x1, Tweeter : 1”x1 What will be the power reserve.

Its better to have an 8 Ohm spks than to have 4 ohm ones because of two reasons 1. Inter/ universal operability between Amps and 2) for Better stability of the Amp ( Amp will remain in the Safe Operating Limit all the time). Currently Almost all the Norge Spks are 4 Ohm version ( unless you have made a custom order to Mr.Bajaj) and If you can wait till jan 2014 all the norge SPKs will be made available in 8 Ohm versions. Before buying astonia just make an enquiry abt the price of Toroidal Transformer (I bet you will not get same one used in norge 2060 under Rs3500/-)

Last edited:

Knight2A4

In the zone
Umm .... Well the purchase is next month so what amp to go for now Norge 2060 or norge 4242. I think 4242 is higher version. What we want is a good set of 2.0 with amp to connect to laptop nothing more keeping the cost as minimal as possible + are there any wire supplied with speakers or amp Or we will have to buy that also.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
2060 is higher. Yes you will have to buy cables and interconnects. Get 12AWG cables locally. Get as pure copper as possible. Your cables cost should be 10% of your systems total cost ideally.Dont skimp on cables,my two cents.

The very best copper speaker wires wont cross Rs 75/mtr. After using them for a while move to better stuff from Audioquest,QED or The Chord Company ,they are the budget kings.

Good Interconnects but cheap are from Belkin ,better ones are from many but they will cost quite a lot.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Well that's good enough. will use Belkin cables. online cost seems to be less first will look for it locally ........ Thanks for helping Will ask if any doubt at time of purchase

SaMiO

New to this forum
I want to go with your recommendation...but i would like to know if the system will be able to offer good low range frequencies as that of a subwoofer...as i am a basshead and listen to bass heavy electronic music as DnB, Glitch etc.

Top Bottom