** ~10k mobile advice thread **

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^Thank you, subscribed to your Android Customization thread. I will start rooting from the very first day of getting it. ;)

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys
my friend wants to buy his 1st andro. and budget is 6k [can increase to 7k only if there is nothing in 5-6k price range]

his requirements are, phone should have 512MB RAM and atleast 800mhz cpu [apps freeze a lot with 256MB RAM], should have atleast gingerbread OS and 3G support, 5MP cam preferred [though its not necessary], dual sim preferred, WVGA or HVGA screen preferred.

he never plays games on his phone so gaming performance doesn't matter.
plz suggest some phone acc. to his requirements

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey how will be Micromaxx A116 be ??
AFter its launch ?
i m loking forward to buy that once it launches.

Do u guyz think, it is worth spending around 14k for Micromaxx ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey how will be Micromaxx A116 be ??
AFter its launch ?
i m loking forward to buy that once it launches.

Do u guyz think, it is worth spending around 14k for Micromaxx ?
do read reviews and complaints before buying any MMX cellphone (specially android)
so that u don't end up creating a thread on same with [Complaint] tag

ajaymailed

In the zone
I just saw my friends Micromax A110 Canvas 2, i was shocked to see how decently good its camera is. For just 10K, A110 is an extremely good package. Dual Core Cortex A9, 5 Inch Screen, 8 MP Cam, Front Cam. but on downside there is 512 MB RAM, average GPU. A116 improves with 1 GB RAM, 720p display, quad core A7, PowerVR 5XT GPU. you cannot ask for more at 15K. its excellent for those who are trying to get the experience of high-end smartphone for the first time. and also for ppl who prefer larger screen with tighter budgets.

anky

Youngling
hello frnds...after much searching here and there...i found sony live with walkman a good choice in 10k range...i will check if it is available in local market...is it a worth buy?...and i am getting it for 10,5000 on ebay...but i have never used ebay...what is seller warranty...and how trustworthy is shopping on ebay(bcoz we have to pay first, then they will ship the mobile)..and is this mobile is upgradable to ICS?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
hello frnds...after much searching here and there...i found sony live with walkman a good choice in 10k range...i will check if it is available in local market...is it a worth buy?...and i am getting it for 10,5000 on ebay...but i have never used ebay...what is seller warranty...and how trustworthy is shopping on ebay(bcoz we have to pay first, then they will ship the mobile)..and is this mobile is upgradable to ICS?

Its better to avoid a phone with seller warranty, but yest if you are getting the same at half the market price with seller warranty then it is a great deal otherwise not( if the diiference is min of 30-40% then also it is ok).
Seller warranty generally covers only software issues and in that case you have to send the product to the seller(wherever he/she is located).You won't be able to get it service at the company's service centers.
Seller warranty and manufacturer warranty are totally different things.
And yest LWW has already received ICS update a long time back.And ebay is trustworthy, it is just that you have to check the seller's rating and all the things mentioned in the description of the product you are going to buy.And if you have any doubt you can ask a question to seller and if the contact no. is mentioned then you can call on that no. also.

anky

Youngling
i visited market today...and lww was not available..however i am getting xperia miro for 12000, maybe he will come to 11500, so is this a nice phone at this price..?
and flpikart is giving xperia go for 14000, if i get it for 13500 or 1300 locally..then is it a good choice..?..and xperia go have android 2.3,although it is upgradable to 4.0,will it cause it to slow down?..

Last edited:

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey guyz what do u think :
is hTC desire hD buyable @ 12500 ??

is it a good buy
Considering there are loads of mobiles by karbonn & micromaxx in that range ?

& is only Android 2.3

Budget is around 11000

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i visited market today...and lww was not available..however i am getting xperia miro for 12000, maybe he will come to 11500, so is this a nice phone at this price..?
and flpikart is giving xperia go for 14000, if i get it for 13500 or 1300 locally..then is it a good choice..?..and xperia go have android 2.3,although it is upgradable to 4.0,will it cause it to slow down?..

Miro is crap. Slow processor ruins everything. And Go's screen resolution is 320X480 (HVGA) when anything below WVGA is not recommended when you are spending more than 10k. I don't think you'll get it locally but Huawei G330 offers you better spec without making a big hole in your pocket. Only problem is it doesn't have any kind of DEV support i.e. not even a single custom rom.

anky

Youngling
but what aboout bravia engine in go..will it not help in a better display..and display quality of sony mobiles has always been good..and since i will be using custom roms..and that too for the first time so i kept g330 aside..and i am buying sony so that i can get a good custom rom support..and other features of go are also worth good like dual core a9, mali 400..i would have gone for xperia u but memory was a major problem and i personally dont like looks of xperia u..so considering these facts..which mobile do you recommend?..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
bravia engine is a software tweak. same has been ported to most Android mobiles at XDA and end result is same.

If you want custom roms, keep an eye for Xperia Sola deals at HomeShop18 superdeals. With discount, it'll come in your budget.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys. How is xolo A500?? seems pretty good @6.5k

My friend has to choose between xolo A500 (dual core cpu)and karbon A15 and lava N400

Tarun

In the zone
Ariji just try checking out mmx a 89 is for 6.5k 1ghz dual core 512mb ram 3g and powersgx531 gpu that's actually great for tht pricr I think just have a look buddy and on a cheaper end a *www.flipkart.com/m/alcatel-ot-4005d/p/itmdg3guuf2daffc?pid=MOBDG3GT9DCP8HDH hope that helped
:)

subbu135

Right off the assembly line
200Mhz bump on a slow processor won't bring much of an improvement. instead pack features that we can readily see. better cam or camera flash. something that can make it go headon against wildfire s.

i just wish that LG doesn't act like a stupid & discontinue O1.

same processor (MSM7227) but just a speedbump.

hmmmmm
cn i take lenovo p700i

unsetld

Broken In
hi,

Can you guyz please suggest me a good phone( os doesnt matter) which should be easily running apps like skpe, fring and nimbuzz .

Should be 3g and wi fi enabled.

Camera with 2 - 3 megapixel is enough and i am specially interested in good battery life

and

peace of mind while handling the phone.

Not interested in nokia manufactured phones.

Top Bottom