** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Minion

Conversation Architect
hi,

Can you guyz please suggest me a good phone( os doesnt matter) which should be easily running apps like skpe, fring and nimbuzz .

Should be 3g and wi fi enabled.

Camera with 2 - 3 megapixel is enough and i am specially interested in good battery life

and

peace of mind while handling the phone.

Not interested in nokia manufactured phones.

You can get Huawei Ascend G330 for 10k.

_prabhat

Journeyman
You can get Huawei Ascend G330 for 10k.

Its a good phone abut according to review I read here Huawei Ascend G330 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK , it says it has poor battery life and it does not have Jelly Bean. As far as I know from the readings, Jelly Beans gives better performance.

_prabhat

Journeyman
hi,

Camera with 2 - 3 megapixel is enough and i am specially interested in good battery life

and

peace of mind while handling the phone.

Not interested in nokia manufactured phones.

I looking for same. A good battery life and not interested in nokia phone and peace of mind.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for nimbuzz, fringe any Nokia Asha will do but for skype you'll need Windows Phone. And i am not sure if Lumia 510 supports the above mentioned apps.

AviS95

Right off the assembly line
Guys can you help choose a mobile!!:
1. Budget?
Max 8.5k
2. Display type and size?
Preferably touch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
I am a little brand conscious but as long the mobile is good any brand is preferable.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Any
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Just a simple camera. Extra features are optional.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Wifi and 3G are must.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Flash, rest are not required.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Camera, multimedia and a little gaming.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I researched and found these:Sony Xperia Tipo, HTC Explorer, Galaxy Chat etc

Thanx in advance!!:D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I researched and found these:Sony Xperia Tipo, HTC Explorer, Galaxy Chat etc

don't go for any of these. tipo lags, exlorer has extremely low internal memory, chat has small display & bad resolution. instead save more and wait a month. Once Xperia E is widely available, it'll cost you ~9k

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Sir,if I cant wait for a month what will you recommend?

As of now Huawei Ascend G300 is a decent phone under 10k range.It has fairly good performace and custom ROMs are available too. Or else you can wait like sam suggested, but still I seriously doubt the display quality of Xperia E with ~165ppi.

Any other advice please guys its urgent!?

You could always go for a Karbonn or a Micromaxx. Try to find their customer care centres in your city, and if you can, go for one of these. They offer great value for money. Issues are : Heating up after moderate usage and SOMETIMES crashes if multitasking is being done.
Cheers !! :) Do say what you decided to go with !!

har

In the zone
You could spend 1k more and but the Lumia 520 at 9.5k from univercell. Its WP8 though.

_prabhat

Journeyman
Is Huawei Ascend G510 and Huawei Ascend Y300 released in India? Both these phones have very good specification. But I do not know if they are released in India.

Last edited:
Top Bottom