** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Raccoon

Journeyman
Hi Guys, Xperia Neo V or Xperia Ray will be great ?
I liked Ray much.

And also, does the golden colour of Ray wear out ?

Try and use the Ray for a bit before considering... esp. browsing and typing. 3.3" screen is bit too small for comfortable browsing and typing. Remember, 3.3" screen is narrower than 3.2". Size aside, screen and cam is better than Neo V. Decide what is more important for you.

bubusam13

Human
Okay, another thing, I was searching ebay where I found costly handsets at a low price, but with dealers warranty. Eg, ray is available at Rs 13500, imported from UK with ! year dealer's warranty. What is that and how is that?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ means if something happens to Ray, you ship it back to the seller and pray he sends you back a new/repaired unit. its like having a Chinese mobile with Sony tag.

bubusam13

Human
And how is the website Saholic? Is it genuine ?

^^ means if something happens to Ray, you ship it back to the seller and pray he sends you back a new/repaired unit. its like having a Chinese mobile with Sony tag.

Okay then will not buy from eBay.

But if it a Genuine seller who sold about 7000 products and 99.6% positive ratting, con we trust them ?

Raccoon

Journeyman
Okay, another thing, I was searching ebay where I found costly handsets at a low price, but with dealers warranty. Eg, ray is available at Rs 13500, imported from UK with ! year dealer's warranty. What is that and how is that?

I don't think you can trust the dealer for a 1 year warranty. What will you do if he does not honor his commitment? AFAIK eBay will wash its hands off the deal after few weeks. After that its between you and the seller. What if send it to him and he never returns it or something?

But I don't think its fair to say its like a Chinese phone with Sony tag. Consider it a Sony with no warranty. So if something goes wrong, bad luck.

I'd say go for it only if price difference makes the risk worth it.

One more issue - check with seller if its a MANUFACTURER sealed box. Some are advertising "sealed boxes" and on confirming saying they are not manuf. sealed. Then sealed by who? Gawd knows...

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey sam another thing.. one of my frnds got a Wildfire S 5 months ago. there was a huge lag in everything he did and the fone used to get stuck all the time. Now ther are replacing it. my frnd is fedup of the fone. and selling the replacement for 10k Its a box pack un opened phone just received 2 days ago. Do you feel its a good deal ???

Wildfire S for 10k with 7 months warranty is a very good deal.

desai_amogh

In the zone
Sony Ericsson xperia mini is anytime better - has 1 GHz Scorpion and GPU Adreno 205, better cam, more internal storage, better display (16M vs 256k)..

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Hey guys, please recommend me a phone for my sister.

1. Budget? - 8-10K
2. Display type and size? - TFT
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? - None
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - 2MP atleast. Good if Flash/front facing camera is present, but not necessarily.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Only Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G and Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Swype/GPS ?
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Texting, multimedia, camera and casual internet surfing.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - HTC Explorer?
12. Any other info that you want to share - Don't need a Dual Sim phone.

AJK

Broken In
Hey guys help me choosing an android phone below 10k

1. Budget? - 10000/-

2. Display type and size? - TFT

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? - HTC,Motorola,Samsung,LG(brands no bar really)

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. -Camera is not really a priority for me. Even a 2mp cam without flash will do just fine by me

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Flash is a MUST .

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - primary usage will be surfing the internet(twitter,fb,youtube,gmail,etc)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - I have narrowed down on the HTC Explorer and Motrola Fire XT after some research online. You guys can suggest me some other models though

12. Any other info that you want to share - After some research I observed that even though the Fire XT has better specs than the Explorer somehow many people are opting for the Explorer :-?. Any particular reason for this ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Any particular reason why I shouldnt opt for th moto fire XT even though it has better specs than the Explorer ?:-? secondly where can u find the Explorer for 8k ?:shock:

if you need camera with flash, go for XT. Else go for Explorer. Check Tradeus. They have Explorer for 7999

Top Bottom