** ~10k mobile advice thread **

matrixx

Journeyman
oh, i really dishearten by putting off HTC aside..with real info given ... well, still wondering if any new & solid phone from HTC within 10k to 13k price tag.... pl educate here as HTC in mind...

Xperia seems not in demand & dunno if new phon should be considered within this price range...

Samsung could not judge except core but its out of frame due to old chipset....

Minion

Conversation Architect
^ I don't think HTC will ever release good phone for 10k and now even Sony has gone mad they released Xperia M2 which is 2nd iteration of Xperia M priced at 21k and price difference between two is almost 10k.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ I don't think HTC will ever release good phone for 10k and now even Sony has gone mad they released Xperia M2 which is 2nd iteration of Xperia M priced at 21k and price difference between two is almost 10k.

it was never supposed to be successor to Xperia M and were you expecting a price similar to Xperia M ( 11-12 k ) ? it was more like a device in between xperia L and Xperia C .. but they changed the name because M was more famous than L.. 17k is reasonable pricing for that phone..
But the decision to not use IPS screen is very disappointing as Lg has a better lineup this time and Htc is just coming back to the game with their very good pricing.. i am afraid Lg g2 mini/L90/Htc Desire 610 will eat the Xperia M2 this time..
But i have to say M2 looks damn premium and doesn't look like a 20k phone at all it looks like a 30k phone .. so that may sway away some buyers in shopping malls

oh, i really dishearten by putting off HTC aside..with real info given ... well, still wondering if any new & solid phone from HTC within 10k to 13k price tag.... pl educate here as HTC in mind...

Xperia seems not in demand & dunno if new phon should be considered within this price range...

Samsung could not judge except core but its out of frame due to old chipset....

Unfortunately no sir, right now there is no information regarding any upcoming handset.. even if 1 new device were to launch in this segment it would be still 2 months away .. i don't think you would wait that long and Htc desire 310 is actually just recently launched so i don't see any need for a new launch in this price range..

However samsung might come up with 1 device in this range as their 9-15k range is absolutely empty right now..and they are the best spammers on the market i am sure they are in a process to launch 1 device in comparison to Moto G /L70.. a successor to galaxy Core is due

Last edited:

matrixx

Journeyman
So, rest is left:- S660>L70>Moto G.

Which Xolo among Q800, Q800x, Q900, Q1000, Q1000 x, Q1010 should I take demo with above 4?

Asking as having lots of mouth discussion and with knowing the facto there would be less reliablity factor compare to Lenovo, LG & Moto....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Need a Android Phone from good brand (urgent)
Screen: >= 3.5
Phone should be butter smooth in operation (no lag etc)
proccy: Mediatek is ok for me
Games are not priority
but Whatsapp is topmost priority
budget: 4~5k

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Need a Android Phone from good brand (urgent)
Screen: >= 3.5
Phone should be butter smooth in operation (no lag etc)
proccy: Mediatek is ok for me
Games are not priority
but Whatsapp is topmost priority
budget: 4~5k

if you can increase budget slightly, at 5.5k, Lava 405+ looks good.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
So, rest is left:- S660>L70>Moto G.

Which Xolo among Q800, Q800x, Q900, Q1000, Q1000 x, Q1010 should I take demo with above 4?

Asking as having lots of mouth discussion and with knowing the facto there would be less reliablity factor compare to Lenovo, LG & Moto....

Sir I would say avoid xolo, The phone specs are great but the service sucks and their failure rate seems much higher than other brands... reading flipkart reviews make me don't want to recommend at all... .. i highly highly recommend that you don't take chances with them.. Lenovo should be much better in terms of service than xolo at least..

but still if you ask which phone is best on paper it would be Xolo Q1100 with snapdragon processor..

matrixx

Journeyman
Sir I would say avoid xolo, The phone specs are great but the service sucks and their failure rate seems much higher than other brands... reading flipkart reviews make me don't want to recommend at all... .. i highly highly recommend that you don't take chances with them.. ..

Assuming same story for Micromax also other wise MMX A117 Canvas series has all features with saving 1/2k than my budget 13k. what say?

Yeah
Canvas magnus is a good phone too
Can shoot 1080p videos (mmx dont know their capability so official is 720p)
Otg suppport and good specs
Also it NEVER LAGS!

matrixx

Journeyman
Honestly, magnus screen resolution & speed impressed me when played about 10-15 min of my friend phone.

But point is does MMX stands between S660/Moto G/L70 in terms of reliability, performance and ASS factor? The advantage here is cost always 2-4k down compare to reputed brand.

any hard facts/data?

matrixx

Journeyman
^Get Lenovo A859 It has a 720p screen better front and main camera ,expandable memory.

Indeed good choice but out of budget (13k) and screen -5" would be bigger in tiny hand.

Is there any significant change bet. MediaTek 6582 (A859) and MediaTek 6582 M (S660)?

How is music quality & battery backup in A859?

Edit:- Rs.14790@Flipkart hands me down! Any promotional offer closing near to my budget 13k?

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION] Get xolo A500S.
[MENTION=279573]matrixx[/MENTION] if budget is constraint then get lenovo S660.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get it from amazon
link
*www.amazon.in/dp/B00FFXY4BS/?tag=smartprix-21
Xolo A500S looks good and have slightly faster processor and better battery.

matrixx

Journeyman
don't want to confuse you further but do check Gionee P2. available for as low as 5.7k. exactly same spec as A500S.
Decent specs. Mali 400, DTS Surround sound, BT 4.0 with A2DP, Cortex A7 & what not.....

I wish to have gionee phone with same spec but with 1gb RAM & 4.5" screen to match my requriement. pl suggest model. thanks.

Top Bottom