** ~10k mobile advice thread **

rider

as Kratos
I'm looking to gift a 4-5k bucks phone. Suggest me the best in this range.
I saw this phone: Buy Alcatel One Touch Glory 2T 4005D - Mobiles - Infibeam.com
How is this phone?

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys which is the best phone overall among Galaxy Young, Fame and Xperia E in terms of performance and battery backup. Is Xperia E better or the Galaxy twins ?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I ordered it on indiatimes for 8.8k but cancelled it as it comes with inferior proccy when compared to same mediatek 6589 also the GPU support is very low @ 150 mhz something where as 1k more q800 have GPU @286mhz and better clocked processor
So HD games will lag
Check flipkart review of q700

Please excuse mistyping as I am on mobile

Used my cousin's Q700 for 2-3 days in small intervals. Here's what I found:

Build quality is quite good. Considering it's from Lava, it is really impressive!
Angry Birds, Zombie Highway, Temple Run ran without any problems.
AnTuTu Benchmark gave it 13k+ score. Don't really know if it is good or not, but L9 had 6k.
Volume is very low. Hearing ringtone is next to impossible if in a market or a public place.
Camera is good for a sub-10k phone.
Size is perfect. MMX Canvas 2 is too big to operate with one hand easily, this is a bit smaller and better.
Had an annoying "zoom" feature. Triple tap anywhere and it zooms in. Anywhere! Lock screen, home screen, browser, gallery, in-game.... Not sure if this can be turned off.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Used my cousin's Q700 for 2-3 days in small intervals. Here's what I found:

Build quality is quite good. Considering it's from Lava, it is really impressive!
Angry Birds, Zombie Highway, Temple Run ran without any problems.
AnTuTu Benchmark gave it 13k+ score. Don't really know if it is good or not, but L9 had 6k.
Volume is very low. Hearing ringtone is next to impossible if in a market or a public place.
Camera is good for a sub-10k phone.
Size is perfect. MMX Canvas 2 is too big to operate with one hand easily, this is a bit smaller and better.
Had an annoying "zoom" feature. Triple tap anywhere and it zooms in. Anywhere! Lock screen, home screen, browser, gallery, in-game.... Not sure if this can be turned off.

I too checked the gogi review and was impressed. it is good in its price range and perform just tad low against q800
Only thing it lack is low clock GPU but still it plays many HD games

Now I am again considering this phone for my sister

P.S. ordered Q800 from eBay and expecting delivery tomorrow

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, Want to know which Android smartphone under 10k has the best developer support. One of my friends is asking it. He wants to play with custom ROMs and all.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, Want to know which Android smartphone under 10k has the best developer support. One of my friends is asking it. He wants to play with custom ROMs and all.

Dell XCD 35

But that is no longer in production so idk lol

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Is Xolo Q800 better than Canvas HD? How?

And what about the A.S.S. of Xolo?

In terms of build quality, Xolo is better than Canvas HD. It feels good to hold a Xolo in hand.
Q700's AnTuTu benchmark score was around 13k, while Canvas HD was at 5k. I think Q800's would be similar to Q700 too.
Don't know about Lava's service, but Micromax is Rashi Peripherals of mobiles. It just sucks. In all Delhi, they have many service centers but only one can handle Androids. That "service center" is merely a small room with a table, a chair and 100s of people shouting at the staff.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
XOLO doesn't even have service centers. How does the A.S.S. work? I googled and found this Lava to provide Xolo repair service at doorstep - Times Of India

mitraark

Decrepit
In terms of build quality, Xolo is better than Canvas HD. It feels good to hold a Xolo in hand.
Q700's AnTuTu benchmark score was around 13k, while Canvas HD was at 5k. I think Q800's would be similar to Q700 too.
Don't know about Lava's service, but Micromax is Rashi Peripherals of mobiles. It just sucks. In all Delhi, they have many service centers but only one can handle Androids. That "service center" is merely a small room with a table, a chair and 100s of people shouting at the staff.

My friends Micromax Canvas HD gave AnTuTu score of 12.5k

My Optimus L9 score was 7.3k

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
The higher pixel density could put more pressure on the GPU. GPU or Graphics Processing Unit is a co-processor which helps improve the performance of the device especially during some specialized tasks like gaming. Both the Xolo Q800 and Canvas HD have the same PowerVR SGX544 GPU. However, due to big screen, the pressure on the GPU of Canvas HD would be more as compared to that of Xolo Q800. Thus, the actual game performance could be a little bit better in the Xolo Q800.

A.S.S. is the only matter of concern for me... For phones from companies like Lava and Micromax, small problems keep cropping up from time to time..

Micromax atleast has a service center in my city...

Going to buy next week. So.. which one should I go for?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Micromax's Canvas 2 had a microphone issue in many of their devices. The other person sometimes hears your sound and sometimes doesn't. My uncle and brother, both faced this issue. One fixed itself and other device had to be repaired. Not sure if this problem exists in HD too. Xolo would be having such troubles too.
Lava's ASS is crap too: LAVA XOLO Q800 - Reviews | Prices | Specifications | Ratings

Go for Micromax.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ trying to earn some $ over there :p ? By using your adf.ly a/c :p.
Anyways hearing that micromaxx has improved?

Top Bottom