** ~10k mobile advice thread **

Samhades

Broken In
They thing is i will most probably wont play games... even if i do i like the paper throw thing... and angry birds lags in my frnds ACE also... so doesnt matter as i havent even finished it in PC :p

Had posted same query in other form and their a guy who was a previous owner of Dell said it heats when calling and chargin... is that true? or is it only for older models? Can anyone shed some light?

I cant get a hands on where i live(dharwad, karnataka) Der is no Dell showroom for cell phones.. only lappys and PC's so plz.... help me i dont want to regret my decision for the rest of my life.

arjundg

Broken In
Guys, if you wanna buy Optimus One, I think you may want to wait a few days for the newer model - Optimus Net. It is already out in the UK.
Source - LG Optimus Net - Full phone specifications

It has the same chipset overclocked to 800MHz!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys, if you wanna buy Optimus One, I think you may want to wait a few days for the newer model - Optimus Net. It is already out in the UK.
Source - LG Optimus Net - Full phone specifications

It has the same chipset overclocked to 800MHz, but double the RAM!

it'll be priced 12-13k for sure as it bundles some unnecessary extra features.

& Optimus One packs the same amount of ram as Net i.e. 512Mb.

arjundg

Broken In
it'll be priced 12-13k for sure as it bundles some unnecessary extra features.

& Optimus One packs the same amount of ram as Net i.e. 512Mb.

My bad, corrected the ram amount....it will not make sense to buy the phone if it is priced at 12-13k, LG O1 will then loose its VFM tag!

nit_comguru

Right off the assembly line
Galaxy 3 Review

I am planning to buy galaxy 3 this weekend Could please provide review and any other phone which is good to buy in this category ?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Re: Galaxy 3 Review

There are much better phones available now. For a review use GOOGLE.

get yourself a "LG optimus one P500"
Most vfm low-mid range android phone

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Net seems to be good as its got 800Mhz processor... so 12k should be a fair price

200Mhz bump on a slow processor won't bring much of an improvement. instead pack features that we can readily see. better cam or camera flash. something that can make it go headon against wildfire s.

My bad, corrected the ram amount....it will not make sense to buy the phone if it is priced at 12-13k, LG O1 will then loose its VFM tag!

i just wish that LG doesn't act like a stupid & discontinue O1.

processor's changed or its just done some Overclocking,

same processor (MSM7227) but just a speedbump.

Samhades

Broken In
Wat abt the heating issue of XCD35? Someone said it heats upto 56 C when charging and Talking... is that true? Shed some light plz

masterkd

Padawan
Re: Need a phone within 7K

1. Budget? 7K(max) less if possible
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar, may consider others depending on the product
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference if product is good but not from micromax, spice, iball please
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) no touch and type, others will do but inclined to touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. no preference as will be used rarely
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). android if possible no good android found in that budget, so i think i need to go for symbian
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. no preference
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? mainly calls, texting and listening music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? not yet
12. Any other info that you want to share good audio output during calls and music is an important factor

After reading various threads and doing some research I find android is not a good option in this budget..I have finalized Samsung wave 525 and Nokia 5233..please tell me which one will be better!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you were open to local brands, Micromax A70. priced at 8k it looks good & none of its specs are such that you have to complain.

wave 525 is another good choice but just make sure it doesn't have any of the limitations found on other wave mobiles.

ZaRLeY093
4th month with this phone. as the time
goes,it becoming more worse. im sick
with this phone. -,-"
comment on wave525 straight from gsmarena. was displayed on the spec page itself. copy pasted.

masterkd

Padawan
if you were open to local brands, Micromax A70. priced at 8k it looks good & none of its specs are such that you have to complain.

wave 525 is another good choice but just make sure it doesn't have any of the limitations found on other wave mobiles.

comment on wave525 straight from gsmarena. was displayed on the spec page itself. copy pasted.

So 5233 then I guess..need to order a memory from flipkart!!

Samhades

Broken In
They cant provide cause der is not SERVICE CENTER!!!! The nearest city which HAS a DELL STORE is Banglore and its 400 odd kilometers....

daksh1990

Right off the assembly line
Pls suggest a good smartphone

Pls suggest a good smartphone in range of around Rs10000...Android BB Nokia models having touchscreen user interface or QWERTY keypad is also fine

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys..I need to buy a cell phone

suggest me the cheapest phone which has 3G front Camera for video calling.
brands Nokia/Samsung or LG

Top Bottom