** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi Sam good to see you after sometime on this thread. LG Optimus Net not available in stores here. LG Optimus one was available for display but stock was not available to purchase.
I found it to be a little on the heavier side.

In Letsbuy using coupon I'm gettiing LG Optimus Net for 9k and LG Optimus one for 8.5k.

well, then go for the safe bet. Optimus Net. as it comes with GB so most likely ICS will come sometime in 2012. currently the community support is next to nil but overtime someone will port CyanogenMod ROM to it.

It will be useful if u compile all the phones discussed here in frontpage with price

1 price thread is enough i guess. this is a discussion thread. & making a chart with all latest prices is no easy task. and considering we have discussed about Android, BADA, Symbian mobiles, the list will be really long. also multiple stores & fluctuating prices.

ajayritik

Technomancer
well, then go for the safe bet. Optimus Net. as it comes with GB so most likely ICS will come sometime in 2012. currently the community support is next to nil but overtime someone will port CyanogenMod ROM to it.

How about HTC Fire. Also by GB you mean higher processor?
Also where do you think I will be able to get for the least price and which coupons to apply?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ GB - GingerBread aka Android 2.3
Just buy the Optimus Net, but don't expect it to support ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich/android 4.0)!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Just buy the Optimus Net, but don't expect it to support ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich/android 4.0)!!!

why not to expect ICS on Net? yes, according to Google Nexus One hardware is simply too old to support ICS. but they won't be supporting it cause its an old mobile that is no longer sold. heck, even its successor is discontinued.

read this:
I asked a Google representative if he could offer any ideas regarding which devices might be supported or if there were any hard and fast hardware requirements that would exclude certain devices. He said there are not specific hardware requirements for Ice Cream Sandwich, but he said it's unlikely that Android devices that are a couple of years old would get the update. For example, if there's anyone who still has a T-Mobile G1, the first Android device on the market back in 2008, don't expect to be get the Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Source: Will my Android get Ice Cream Sandwich?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
See this -
Lg Optimus 2X not getting android ICS
If LG isnt willing to update their flagship phone to ICS(btw poor thing didnt even got the GB upgrade), then I dont see ICS coming to Optimus Net in any possible way...

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i just saw the Samsung Galaxy Y it priced at 6.6k the cheapest android phone with maximum features im thinking of buying one

sygeek

Technomancer
hi guys i just saw the Samsung Galaxy Y it priced at 6.6k the cheapest android phone with maximum features im thinking of buying one
low-end android phones are really not worth it, really. Especially sub-8k phones. If you want to go for the cheapest Android phone (that works), O1 is your best bet.

Optimus One/Net are only VFM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

forget maximum features. first check if the screen is HVGA. its the minimum resolution you need for most apps to even support your mobile. else you'll start complaining in a week that some apps, some games doesn't work. launchers look bad, etc.

coolnikhil

Broken In
Guyz serching for a gud fone as a gift for ma girlfriend in abt 8-9K...
She is nt used to tech. stuff nd all so a not so complicated fone will be great...
Just need for texting and a bit of internet usage and battery is also need to be considered....

any advices...???
wat abt Galaxy pro, Moto charm or flipout...??? or any nokia fone...

Tarun

In the zone
forget maximum features. first check if the screen is HVGA. its the minimum resolution you need for most apps to even support your mobile. else you'll start complaining in a week that some apps, some games doesn't work. launchers look bad, etc.
i hv a budget of 6.5k to 7k which mobile will u suggest me i except android phone

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@sam
An update :)

LG Mobile posted a reply to the same question in Facebook
with the following:
We do have a plan to update Ice Cream Sandwich.Now we are working
on it! When the date is set we will let you know through Facebook!
Please check our wall regularly! Cheers.
The above post comes a few days after the initial negative response
regarding the major OS update. It appears that the consumers'
feedback has finally struck a cord within the company.
In any case, we believe that a more formal statement to address the
subject entirely is appropriate.
as qouted by GSMArena.com

Tarun

In the zone
Samsung Wave S5253 @ 6k
Samsung S5620 @ 7k
i dont understand y would u suggest me these when i can get a android in 6.5 to 7k a android have higher standers in all cases can u explain me ?????????????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@NainO, thanks for the update. LG peoples are really a bunch of morons. if they don't want to update X2 to Android 4.0, better they shut their mouth.

i dont understand y would u suggest me these when i can get a android in 6.5 to 7k a android have higher standers in all cases can u explain me ?????????????

Galaxy Y & Optimus Me are the only 2 branded Android mobiles available under 7k. and even if the internal specs look good, 2.8-3" is a bit too small. i'll suggest either go for Wave or get Micromax A70. Me is a failure for me & with Y is also not so good.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Esp Sam, sygeek and krishnandu.
Have gone for LG Optimus Net.

welcome. BTW if possible provide some feedback on how is Net after using for a week.

ajayritik

Technomancer

If you prefer build quality and design over a little speed compromise, Get Optimus One.

I'd also suggest optimus one. First of all better looking and build quality than optimus net.

Only after I checked the Optimus one yesterday at Reliance Digital I was able to believe that the build quality is good. Earlier when I saw it in another Cell Shop didn't like that much.

Was itching to go for Optimus One but wanted to go for LG Optimus Net as I had already decided.

semwal.amit

Broken In
I wish to buy 2 phones

1. Budget? ~7k and ~10k
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? no preference
4. Preferred choice of brand? Nokia, Samsung
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. AF
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. optional..
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? none needed
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Its for a girl. so cam need to be good. heavy texting and music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Samsung wave 525, Monte, Nokia c5-03, lg-p503, galaxy pop
12. Any other info that you want to share. Its for a non techie girl.. wont experiment much. looks matter

Top Bottom