►►►is IPL wastage of money ? What u say guys ?

IPL is wastage of money ?

• Total voters

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,

today i had fight with my friend he was saying IPL is totally wastage of money, but i'm not supporting it.

Share your views.

nikufellow

In the zone
To some extent anyone could argue that the money be better spent on other things and/or something like about corruption betting blah blah but nevertheless its fun to watch. And if after few years it turns out to be the only way to watch some legends on field then I'd say let it be as it is!

Flash

Lost in speed
Should've been in "Fight Club".

- Wastage of money only for "People who buy their ticket, for few-hours fun".
- IPL is a cashcow for BCCI, IPL Players, IPL Owners and their sponsors.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
By that logic any money spent on any non essential things is a waste of money.
IPL isn't any more waste of money than movies are, specially summer blockbuster.
It does what it's supposed to do best:
1) Entertain Millions of people
2) Fill the pockets of Players and the officials
3) Give a chance to new comers.

You know what's waste of money?
Staying in Bangalore, paying the highest road tax of any indian city and still riding on narrow roads full of potholes.
That's waste of money

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hi guys,

today i had fight with my friend he was saying IPL is totally wastage of money, but i'm not supporting it.

Share your views.

Bro I totally agree with you.
Let me tell why it's a waste
1)Instead of speding crores and crores why can't they feed the poor or do something for the poor
2)Vijay Malya has Money for this CRAP but no money to pay for his employes? Secondly,My friend once told me after every win Malya throws a party costing thousands

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Bro I totally agree with you.
Let me tell why it's a waste
1)Instead of speding crores and crores why can't they feed the poor or do something for the poor
2)Vijay Malya has Money for this CRAP but no money to pay for his employes? Secondly,My friend once told me after every win Malya throws a party costing thousands

Do you love football ;-) ?

1.All the sponsors are Companies. companies are not necessarily philanthropic.they care only about the profit what they will get
And you sir! why didn't you get food out of that 1k and feed the poor with that food,instead of spending the same money on Bioshock:Infinite? ;-)
2.Again, he cares about the profit,you don't get any profit from paying employees, and btw he has a lot of debts to pay(his company in particular)

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed

Point.
"We have released two months salaries to our staff," a Kingfisher Airlines spokesperson said , without elaborating on the period for which the salary was paid.

quagmire

Allllright !
For me is IPL is a desperate attempt by the cricket community to keep the players in news and to promote T20 format..

We all know cricket lacks the intensity you find in Football or Hockey..(or maybe thats just me)
Pretty much every season of the IPL has been in the news for bad reasons :Say cheerleaders, match fixing, betting including recent protests in Maharashtra..

I never watched IPL and never will!

Its not like other matches hosted where tourists come and spend money in India..
Instead Indian "tycoons" or capitalists pay 'you know how much money' to foreign players..
Effectively wealth is transferred to other countries!

IMO IPL is a big waste of money..

I put IPL in the same league as I-pill :lol:

R2K

In the Zone
Every major sporting event out there is making money. Like basket ball and baseball in USA. Those tournaments seem to make a ton of money in US each year from TV broadcasts and advertising etc.

I think IPL was introduced as an attempt to bring such a thing to India. Also Indians are not interested any other damn game on the face of the earth other than cricket.

Hrishi

IDK whether it is right or wrong , but I know one thing for sure that if there's hunger , famine ,etc happening in the country. If people are dying due to hunger and poverty , then the IPL concept is not justified ( upto a great extent.) But as a matter of fact , there are several other things that are not justified as well.

Now the other part of game is that this has become as legal way for some billionare playbo$$ to gambl3. IDK , how much true that is , but I feel it that way.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Such thoughts can only come to an Indian. Before even reading the thread further, I can say that it contains a post about "feeding the poor" being a much higher priority.

The way I see it, India needs a sporting culture. It's all a cycle. People pump in money, people watch sports, players will get motivated, players will get paid, sponsors will come in, media will cover and India wins medals. IPL like things should happen for every sport. People should go out and watch sporting events.

IPL is the only successful domestic event which has a good viewership. Same with Cricket. We need everyone's involvement for other sports as well.

Handling famines properly and eradicating poverty also has equal priority. These things and IPL are mutually exclusive. Not paying attention/priority to natural disasters is shameful and shows our incompetence as a country and our cultural inferiority. It hasn't got anything to do with IPL though. Mutually exclusive. Both are important.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw IPL increases the $$$ in BCCI's/govt's coffers. How can it be wastage of money when the return is greater? Simple logic. With moar money, you can feed moar poor and eradicate poverty.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Such thoughts can only come to an Indian. Before even reading the thread further, I can say that it contains a post about "feeding the poor" being a much higher priority.

The way I see it, India needs a sporting culture. It's all a cycle. People pump in money, people watch sports, players will get motivated, players will get paid, sponsors will come in, media will cover and India wins medals. IPL like things should happen for every sport. People should go out and watch sporting events.

IPL is the only successful domestic event which has a good viewership. Same with Cricket. We need everyone's involvement for other sports as well.

Handling famines properly and eradicating poverty also has equal priority. These things and IPL are mutually exclusive. Not paying attention/priority to natural disasters is shameful and shows our incompetence as a country and our cultural inferiority. It hasn't got anything to do with IPL though. Mutually exclusive. Both are important.

This post sums it up well... :)

Hrishi

Agree to your views , but the problem is with the sporting culture itslef that this highly commercialized version of Cricket is trying to destroy in one way.
Its good to note that this game gives employement opportunities to many , but still a major share of profit goes to people who don't care whether other sports flourish or not.
Only if these people had applied their bulk load of money to support other form of sports as well , I would have accepted that we are having a sporting culture and not a money making commercialzed game of Cricket for non-philanthropist , Billionares.

The reality is quite different. These rich-lads will try hard to sustain this game by throwing in whatever they can.

It would have been better.

Demon Lord

Journeyman
whatever,but it provides good entertainment:)

btw IPL increases the $$$ in BCCI's/govt's coffers. How can it be wastage of money when the return is greater? Simple logic. With moar money, you can feed moar poor and eradicate poverty.

BCCI is not a govt body.

Top Bottom