1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Zone Alarm 5 with NAV2004

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by gxsaurav, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

I few months back, I was suing NAV2002, I installed Zone alarm 4 on my PC , & they were incompatible, because of which NAV 2002 was unable to start the email service, or wsomethung like that. I had to reinstall windows, though after some time I found that they were incompatible,

Is there someone using Zone Alarm 5 with NAV2004, is this incompatibility still there or the new version & NAV2004 works fine with each other

2. sailendra

sailendra New Member

Look at this forum - they have quite a discussion on Zonealarm 5 and NAV 2004. :)

Code:
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=192959&st=15

3. theraven

theraven Active Member

no incompatibilities

4. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

NAv 2004

I dont know specifically about Zone Alarm 5 and NAV 2004....however NAV 2004 has major issues.... messed up my PC big time. I had to reformat my system and reinstall everything and went in for NAV 2003...much more stable. Zone Alarm comes with a built-in AV by the way....u might wanna try that....I have heard from others who had issues with NAV 2004 themselves...

5. OP
    OP
    gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

I wanted to know is there any compatibility issue Y U guyes are having while using both Zone Alarm 5 & NAV2004, like on of them not working

6. OP
    OP
    gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

Just downloaded Zone Alarm Firewall only, the free version, installed it with my already installed XP SP2 RC2 & NAV2004, & guess what, NAV went bonkers, cannot start the E Mail service again, also Zone Alarm says that there is already a firewall installed, I have removed Sygate from my system it is saying about the windows firewall & saying to uninstall it.

Bottom News, Zone Alarm 5 with NAV2004 is no go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.