Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch

Broken In
BIG 6600 GT

*img244.imageshack.us/img244/9066/wholecard13xf.jpg

BFG 6600 GT

*img300.imageshack.us/img300/3339/14143027018df.jpg

Just swap the stickers and you wont be able to tell which is what... BFG card pick curtosy newegg... Big's curtosy Darklord...

Ringwraith

Journeyman
yeah right! i couldnt spot one difference! Btw I want a pci-e version, i hope the pci-e BIG models are BFG remakes too :p

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
are buying pci-e

at same speeds how much diff can you expect b/w all these cards, maybe 2-4%,is that even noticealbe

try to get 3yrs warranty and at the min 2yrs

i bought fxf for 10300

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
isn't big an indian brands , doesn't it mena produced in india

looking similiar to a bfg card and you assume it to be a bfg card , what next.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
they are giving 3 yrs warranty, so that point's done with...its an indian brand, but I m sure no indian brand yet has the capabilities/technical prowress to indulge in the fab process locally! almost all fab's done in south-east asia/taiwan.
also these cards ought to overclock very well, coz of the extra heatsinks on memory n all.

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
LOL They dont use BFG cards!!

I had mailed BIG asking the following :

----------------------
From others I came to know that you use BFG, XFX and leadtek cards and sell it under the brand name BIG. I dont have any problems with that but what I wanted to know is that which card will you be shipping to me (BFG, XFX or Leadtek)?
-----------------------

To which they replied :

----------------------
hi thnx for showing your trust and confidence on us , people say many things. you can go to my home page n check spec sheet n other stuff n still if u hv any issue you can come back to me bcoz we use non of them you can understand tht from layout itself , bcoz we are not buying from any of them
----------------------

Now what do you people say for this? BIG is outrightly rejecting any allegation of using BFG cards.

-Shastri.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
they dont "use" bfg cards...Bigbyte corp has its own brand, which it calls BIG. however its possible that the place whr BIG gets its cards is from the same fab manufacturer as BFG's. In the end I m not too sure of wat they'll give, but the PCB layout, cooling and features look good, thats why I m buying it

darklord

Cyborg Agent
BIG cards are good.And yes, BBC doesnt have their own Fab so they get it outsourced from somewhere in China or Hong Kong.
Now if by coincidence,the OEM supplier of BFG and BIG is same,you might be lucky to get the same card.

It is but obvious that BIG guys will refuse this claim right away.

SO dont expect an acceptance from them.

BIG cards are made by -
1] Pine Technologies
2] Global Connexions.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
AFAIK zebronics 6600GT sells at 11.5 k
as a rule PCI-E cards are cheaper for nvidia cards coz most 6xxx line cards are natively PCI-E ...to get an AGP version card, nvidia uses something called a HSI pcie to agp converter chip, which adds to the extra cost of the agp version. However prices are more market dependent and the actual prices can be very different!

btw shastri u were abt to buy a card..wat happend..did u buy one?

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
Ringwraith said:
btw shastri u were abt to buy a card..wat happend..did u buy one?

You are absolutely correct Ringwraith. I almost had bought the graphics card. What happened was that I was suddenly posted to Mangalore. And my dad did not allow me to take the computer to Mangalore as he also uses it. He asked me to buy a new one. So I am now planning to buy a new computer. Thats why I am looking for apci-e card.
Damm it!! It is soo frustrating when you are about to buy a gfx card and suddenly you cant. I was waiting to buy the card since a year and now when I finally had the money this happened. No probs, after couple of months when I will have enough money I will buy a new rig. One thing is sure I will have a computer when Age of Empires III is released. Looking forward to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom