Zebronics 6600GT or BIG 6600GT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Hi all,

I am buying a graphics card and have fixed on to these two things : -
A zebronics 6600GT or a BIG 6600GT. Both 128 bit 128MB cards. Zebronics I am getting at 11.5k and BIG at 10.5k. Zebronics has 2 yrs wtty and BIG has 3 yrs wtty. Now which one should I buy? I have never heard of BIG but it is cheaper and also has 3 yrs warranty. And hence I am confused. Please help me out here.

Shastri.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Zebronics 6600gt? Actually my leadtek 6600gt came with a label saying sold by zebronics. So i doubt zebronics actually is one of the brands of 6600gt.

You can dump both brands and go for Leadtek winfast 6600gt tdh if it's available. The leadtek card beats the xfx and others in a lot of benchmarks.

khandu

In the zone
yeah zebronics sells leadtek..

Go for Leadtek 6600GT TDH Extreme Edition 128 MB DDR3.. has topped most of the 6600GT charts..

shuld be around 12.5 k

Switch

Broken In
I would advise you to go with big... Even if it is expensive than zebronics... Why... just check out the BFG 6600 Gt and then compare it to BIG 6600 GT and you will know why ;)...

Switch

Broken In
*img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14143027018df.jpg

There you go... Compare the same with the BIG 6600 GT and you will now why is BIG the card to get...

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
Switch said:
I would advise you to go with big... Even if it is expensive than zebronics....

Switch, you are wrong there. Infact BIG is cheaper than zebronics by 1k as i have mentioned in the 1st post.

Where can I get the information about BIG cards?? I have never heard of the company. XFX, BFG, Leadteck, Gainward, etc I know but never heard of BIG!! Whats their website??

Shastri.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
BBC's website:
*www.nvidia.co.in/page/cv_bigbyte.html

The only thing unique about the big cards are the extra heat sinks on the mem modules too.
But Leadtek is a well established brand and is better than xfx, naturally following that it is better than BIG's too.

Switch

Broken In
@cybershastri I never said it is expensive all i said is even if it is...

Anyways BIG is a brand which is being promoted by BBC ... What they are doing is that they are buying cards from the fab process instead of the big brands and selling it under thier own name... Fortunately the 6600 GT which they are picking up seems like coming from the same fab from where the BFG cards are coming so if i were you i would pick up BIG over others... Hope this helped...

Switch

Broken In
And what have you to say to this?
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=20

This *www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_6600_gt_agp_roundup/page20.asp

As BFG is not reviewed on AT so no point considering the scores... FiringSquad reviewed both the cards in question and BFG/BIG came on top... Do read the review...

Switch

Broken In
And actually this is the zebronics card... *www.zebronics.net/pciegraphics.asp

And whomsoever didnt get what i am talking about BIG 6600 GT is the same card which is sold as BFG 6600 GT in US and BFG in US is considered "THE BEST" when it comes to Graphics card...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hi, switch. I never knew BIG uses BFG cards. If what u say is right, then BIG is the best 6600GT in indian market.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
the only way to be sure is to personally have a look at the BIG card and then compare with the BFG model!
otherwise BIG also keeps xfx/leadtek cards, so in case u are getting the stuff shipped there might be room for doubt isnt it??

godzi_85

In the zone
hm ya swtich is right... that`s what my uncle told me too about big 6600gt cards.. so well i own one now.. its great card.... with copper heatsinks and ram sinks!!
go ahead and buy it plus its cheap..

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
Why not lifetime warranty?

After seeing all the post it appears that most of the people agrees that BIG is better choice than the zebronics.

If BIG uses BFG cards then it would have been better if they had provided lifetime warranty. They are offering only 3 yrs warranty. Though, I think it is good enough considering that most of the people would upgrade their system within 3 yrs.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I personally own a BFG 6800 and its performing till date extremely well. And you dont need a lifetime warranty. One will def upgrade in a 3 year period.

OP
C

cybershastri

Journeyman
Ringwraith said:
otherwise BIG also keeps xfx/leadtek cards, so in case u are getting the stuff shipped there might be room for doubt isnt it??

Oh really! I did not know they also use xfx and leadtek apart from the BFG cards.

To clarify it I have mailed them asking which card they will ship to me. Will tell you guys as soon as I get the reply from them.

Shastri.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
I am personally on the lookout for a 6600GT. I ve mailed these BIG guys too! If it really turns out to be of the same make as BFG, I am going to buy it too over the leadtek extreme. With such a good cooling solution, I am sure I wud be able to o/c the BFG considerably at a lesser price n more warranty too!

Ringwraith

Journeyman
ok seems like these BIG cards are good after all :) Maybe ill buy it too....got their mails and explaination..they want 10k + courier charges for the card. I guess thats pretty reasonable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom