Your plans on 31st December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
^ oh sorry... i thought u were a VTortureU guy...

<btw, when did ur college get autonomy ?? or was it an autonomous insti from the time it was started ?? >

We got autonomy last year
I am in 3rd sem now and we are the first batch in autonomy ..:)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
probably nothing on 31st,too high risk levels that day(parents catching us,:p),will be followed by atleast 3 parties,in the first week of 2009,:p.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
A bunch of people I know are going to trek to Harishchandragad. You wanna do something unique, head up there. Nice spot away from the city, you can bring in the new year under more stars than you have ever seen.

red_devil

Back!
A bunch of people I know are going to trek to Harishchandragad. You wanna do something unique, head up there. Nice spot away from the city, you can bring in the new year under more stars than you have ever seen.

Harishchandragad ??? [or is it HarishchandraGHAT :D]

@adi007 ..ah...lucky you :D [same though cant be said of your seniors :D]

@infra .. . you an ex-VTU guy ?? lol...everyone is so happy to get outta VTU...
<btw, whats that "most happening place" .. where is it ?? >

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ umm... I donno if you have trekked before, I would advise you not to think of going alone. Take a group, go in the early morning and you are bound to find some people on the way. The base villiage is called Khireshwar. That's about two hours away from Thane. The best way to travel is to go to Kalyan ST stop, then take a bus to Nagar, and get off at Khubi Phata. From there it is a short walk to Khireshwar. There is a bus from Pune that goes directly to Khireshwar, but I do not know the details of that. If more than 10-15 people are going, you can hire a taxi or something. You can stay in the caves at the top (but go early for a good spot) for the night. Some people might bring booze, but my advise is don't take any along. The spots to visit are Kokankada and Taramati. Both of these are about half an hour walk away from the caves. There is also a shiv temple.

red_devil

Back!
err...i could've done with a simple --- "its near mumbai/thane/pune"

i stay in b'lore so all those details might not be of much use to me... but thank you for putting in all the details ... i'm sure some of the mumbai/thane/pune guys would pay a visit to that place :)

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Anorion - Thanks for the great suggestion, but it won't be feasible as we are just three friends.

And on top of that a friend has his exam on 2nd Jan, so no way we can do this trip.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra .. . you an ex-VTU guy ?? lol...everyone is so happy to get outta VTU...
<btw, whats that "most happening place" .. where is it ?? >
Yep.. Yep.. I'm an ex-VTU grad!.. So happy to be outta VTU :D

The most happening place I'm gonna be in?? Thats Times Square, New York :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom