Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Flash

Lost in speed
Yes Jripper. That's the one/
Played once in Laptop without mouse with difficulty in combos. Now, playing again in my PC> :mrgreen:

@Tg: The technique used in 2008's POP is called 'Cell shaded animation'.
*3.bp.blogspot.com/_p_mijyntof4/STa2JbNhgaI/AAAAAAAABWg/zT7x1uazTEI/s200/prince-of-persia.jpg

You might've seen that in BORDERLANDS.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a list of cel-shaded games, with the oldest one released way back in 1996:- ;)

List of cel-shaded video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear I think he is talking about POP4(the one after two thrones) with the mix of 2D and 3D graphics :p

This one:- *i47.tinypic.com/28859b5.jpg

Yes Jripper. That's the one/
Played once in Laptop without mouse with difficulty in combos. Now, playing again in my PC> :mrgreen:

@Tg: The technique used in 2008's POP is called 'Cell shaded animation'.
*3.bp.blogspot.com/_p_mijyntof4/STa2JbNhgaI/AAAAAAAABWg/zT7x1uazTEI/s200/prince-of-persia.jpg

You might've seen that in BORDERLANDS.

Here's a list of cel-shaded games, with the oldest one released way back in 1996:- ;)

List of cel-shaded video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks guys for the info - now I get it ;-)

Flash

Lost in speed
POP(2008) - Defeated "Hunter" & "Concubine". Got all the powers and on my way to meet "Alchemist" & "Warrior".
Elika is a lovely character. I dint mind the conversations happening between Prince & Elika, when i played first.

But now, am listening to each and every one and see the sprout of soft/love feelings between each other, though Elika expresses it often.
The pun-intended replies are another +.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Zangetsu and CommanderShawnzer - ok thanks guys, much appreciated - I think now I can say which one is a cell shaded game by it's look only ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
Completed POP-2008 again.
The very sad moment in the game. :(

*i.imgur.com/t67hY.jpg
I really enjoyed the story of POP 2008, a game made with that story and mechanics of sands of time will be a 10/10 on any scale, but sad ubisoft keeps churning out assassins's crap all the time. BTW why sad, she lives at the end. Its quite enjoyable actually.

PS: Got AC3, starts tomorrow, I'l alternate between FC3 and AC3, should keep me busy till next year.

bippukt

In the zone
Next year isn't that far away :p

If I remember correctly, PoP was their experiment in DRM free. It didn't turn out so well, although whether it was because of no DRM or not so good game I don't know. PoP Warrior Within was the first game that I played when I got my PC. The Two Thrones I played both on PC and PS2, and still wasn't bored (the chariot parts were just awesome!).

PoP 2008? Somehow it never appealed to me. Maybe it was just too easy. I had a GTS 250 by then so it looked great, but I still left it and played other games.

Flash

Lost in speed
I really enjoyed the story of POP 2008, a game made with that story and mechanics of sands of time will be a 10/10 on any scale, but sad ubisoft keeps churning out assassins's crap all the time. BTW why sad, she lives at the end. Its quite enjoyable actually.

I really love the POP-2008, as it is like POP in an alternate (or) parallel universe with the same gameplay elements. But, Ubisoft concerned more about the "Sands of time", rather the "Corruption". I personally love it mainly because of its non-linear gameplay, plus the story that matched perfectly with the gameplay. POP & Elika is just a cute pair, rather than POP & Kaileena/Farah.

PS: Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution + Started Just cause.

PoP 2008? Somehow it never appealed to me. Maybe it was just too easy. I had a GTS 250 by then so it looked great, but I still left it and played other games.

It's easy in the start, but gets bossy when dealing with 4 disciples of Ahriman, the dark god. I mainly love it, for its cell-shaded nature.
Try again with 7770 sometime, you will certainly love it. Conversation between Elika & Prince is the ultimate. They mock, kid, frown, prank but still both have a soft-feeling towards each other.

tkin

Back to school!!
Next year isn't that far away :p

If I remember correctly, PoP was their experiment in DRM free. It didn't turn out so well, although whether it was because of no DRM or not so good game I don't know. PoP Warrior Within was the first game that I played when I got my PC. The Two Thrones I played both on PC and PS2, and still wasn't bored (the chariot parts were just awesome!).

As I said, gameplay sucked, no puzzles, easy fights, but story was really good, proper romantic once at that.

Top Bottom