Subwoofer Rear. volume control, Voltage selector and ON/OFF switch
*i.imgur.com/3ViIMsG.jpg

The Setup (test) :p
*i.imgur.com/3E6PyIh.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Sweet! :razz: How is it so far of your usage?

Its great, I had to do a bit of tinkering on my PC to get bit-stream output via HDMI.
Consoles give Bit stream output directly.
Otherwise its a super fun device for anyone who like theater surround sound and the fidelity.
Hardware decoding of DTS and Dolby Digital is the best.
awesome , congrats .

Thanks!!

$hadow

Geek in making
Man I am trying to buy this for a long time. Wish I will be able to save some money in the near future.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Man I am trying to buy this for a long time. Wish I will be able to save some money in the near future.

I am kind of late to reply.
But yeah, an AV receiver is worth its money if you have the devices and speakers to make use of it.
I was using the receiver with Sennheiser Headphones for a week as I did not have the speakers.
The unit has a Headphone amp I believe so the response was awesome.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am kind of late to reply.
But yeah, an AV receiver is worth its money if you have the devices and speakers to make use of it.
I was using the receiver with Sennheiser Headphones for a week as I did not have the speakers.
The unit has a Headphone amp I believe so the response was awesome.

Sounds awesome, I am picking one up in a few days.

wecaz

Right off the assembly line
Happy to help

Hi Gollum,

Congrats for your purchase. I am checking out 'Yamaha NS-P40 5.1 ch speakers'. I am planning to use this without an amplifier or av receiver. My Dell XPS laptop comes with 5.1 ch speaker support. It has three 3.5mm jacks that can be configured as center/sub, front, rear. Will that system work?

I don't know what kind of cables/jacks are present with NS-P40?

PS: Laptop also has spdif written over one of the 3.5mm jack.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Hi Gollum,

Congrats for your purchase. I am checking out 'Yamaha NS-P40 5.1 ch speakers'. I am planning to use this without an amplifier or av receiver. My Dell XPS laptop comes with 5.1 ch speaker support. It has three 3.5mm jacks that can be configured as center/sub, front, rear. Will that system work?

I don't know what kind of cables/jacks are present with NS-P40?

PS: Laptop also has spdif written over one of the 3.5mm jack.

NS p40 does not have an amplifier so you cannot use it with your PC directly.
You can look for a 5 channel amp or if you are a DIY guy like me, you can buy a car amp and use the speakers.

PS: do not confuse NS p40 to be an active speaker system. These are just passive speaker enclosures with an Active subwoofer designed to be used with Yamaha or other AV receivers.

AV receivers are actually amplifiers which can decode sound on their own. In other words smart amplifiers.

wecaz

Right off the assembly line
do not confuse NS p40 to be an active speaker system. These are just passive speaker enclosures with an Active subwoofer designed to be used with Yamaha or other AV receivers.

I missed above point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can you please give direction to my search? I need an active speaker system with 5.1 channel that can be used directly with laptop. Budget 5k to 12k. (or higher if there is something special)

Apart from spdif and three 3.5mm ports, my laptop has one HDMI port that I used directly with projector.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I missed above point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can you please give direction to my search? I need an active speaker system with 5.1 channel that can be used directly with laptop. Budget 5k to 12k. (or higher if there is something special)

Apart from spdif and three 3.5mm ports, my laptop has one HDMI port that I used directly with projector.
I think that is a topic for a different discussion.
I suggest you to open a new thread as I don't know of any active 5.1 Speakers. You can look for 5.1 Computer speakers

Top Bottom