XPS M1530: a brief review

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Now since they are giving only 256MB 8600GT for XPS M1530, I am hoping from 17th of June they will start giving 9 series card.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
damn.. everyone got ultimate key free... :-( :-D

guys how long does a quotation generated be valid...??

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i'm planning to get a XPSM1530 sometime in july...hopefully 9600 will be available as an option by then

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hi guys
i just oced the 8600M GT on my lappy and the results are pretty impressive
Oced the clocks from 475/1400 to 610/1510. I cud have done more, but i think this is enuf for all games currently installed.
I had to install custom drivers with modified ini files to enable ocing.
The temps reached a max of 82c at full load.
The 3D marks are below
*img340.imageshack.us/img340/702/3dm06ocxk7.th.jpg
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/4623/3dm06oc3tw6.th.jpg

old scores
1440*900 : 3843
1024*768 : 4785

new scores
1440*900 : 4643
1024*768 : 5751

Ill try higher clocks are temps are pretty low even compared to desktop 8600GT oc.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Aravind, Naveen, coolPCguy

Guys, shud I wait any longer b4 placing an ORder for DELL 1530 XPS ? I mean is there any good chances that the 9xxx series cards will be launched with DELL 1530 XPS models ??

@ Aravind,
congrats MAn for that sexy lappy, I too love the RED color of DEL L(hv seen it personally in a store) and the red is a good option, as its MATT in Finish and looks lively rather than the Blue adn Black colors of XPS Models, they are rather DULL..

As, for the INSPIRON series of DELL, as they hv a glossy finish, so any color (they hv a option of 5 colors, imo) looks lively.. but yes, inspiron series are a bit LESS COOL LOOKING.. while the XPS are a BIT TOO HOT to handle. .:D:D

@ NAveen
Did u get ur lappy dude ?>? (i read in ur previous posts) tat u hv spent a good sum on buying LCD tv (i guess) adn a PS3, wow man, u must be rocking in the hostell. :D
I hv a PS2, a poor old p4 desktop and planning to buy DELL XPS adn a SONY "modded" PSP :D:D
_---___---___---

CHeers n e-peace...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks ashu...actually its on in my hostel..but in my home.. .
No i didnt get my lapy...huh budget problem...probably by next month....

And for your lapy purchase...even if you wait and get 9 series gfx card...they will surely cost a bomb...

Can anyone post something regarding acer gemstone blue...saw it in readers digest...it looks awesome... Anyone?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanks ashu...actually its on in my hostel..but in my home.. .
No i didnt get my lapy...huh budget problem...probably by next month....

And for your lapy purchase...even if you wait and get 9 series gfx card...they will surely cost a bomb...

SO. shud i be purchasing the DELL XPS lappy now ?? as it has the 8600 GT card with it ?? i mean this will be a good time considering my budget is Rs.85K !!

aytus

The Boss
^^no.. dont expect any huge increase in price as the 9600M GT gets introduced . expect maybe 4 to 5k jump.. ur budget wud suffice .. but it may or may not be worth waiting. as i dont expect huge performance gains (expecting bout 20%).approximately same as that of a 8700 . though power consumption will b significantly reduced if dell implement the HYBRID POWER .. the card itself consumes almost same current "23Watts", pcie 2.0 is there., a new video engine too. and wud b definately a better ocer than 8600 as its based on 65nm .
hp dv5 and dv7 will be getting 9600M GT this month

@dominator . y dont u post the overclocking 1530 link in ur signature!

asus may hav 9600gt but they r cramped with older processors.. neither do i like the acer bluestone.. mainly targeted at movie audience, not gamers..

here is the requested info abut bluestone.. *www.gadgetspeak.com/gadget/article.rhtm/754/492761/Acer_Gemstone_blue_6920_and_8920_various.html

and has any1 using 1530 has used it with BSNL broadband?? does it has the required lan port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom