Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@aytus
thnx...i ll do after some further oc.
BTW. it has a gigabit lan port. Also a small external adapter for dial up phone lines.

@xbonez
ya, it might decrease battery backup. But i play on it only at home. I use it mainly for web development nd related stuffs when at college. I and only oced the clocks for performance 3d mode. It dun affect battery at normal use as i havnt touched clocks of low power 3D and 2D

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^no.. dont expect any huge increase in price as the 9600M GT gets introduced . expect maybe 4 to 5k jump.. ur budget wud suffice .. but it may or may not be worth waiting. as i dont expect huge performance gains (expecting bout 20%).approximately same as that of a 8700 . though power consumption will b significantly reduced if dell implement the HYBRID POWER .. the card itself consumes almost same current "23Watts", pcie 2.0 is there., a new video engine too. and wud b definately a better ocer than 8600 as its based on 65nm .
hp dv5 and dv7 will be getting 9600M GT this month

Ok, im ready to spend 5K for the increased budget :D but wen are the DELL ppl launching this so called 9600M GT in their lappys ?? any confirmed news like in a month or 2 ??

@ Aravind,

Dude, do u use net connection on ur lappy ?? if yes, is it working ?? and using LAN card provided in the lappy ? coz i hv a MTNL TRIBAND DSL connection using a D LINK ADSL Routerand i hope that wen i buy this lappy, the net also shud work on the lappy (using the lan card) if it can...

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, i connect to net thru lan port, ie RJ 45.
im also getting a USB to lan adapter for 200, for setting a lan with my PC, as my existing additional lan card on PC is dead/givin BSOD.

If uve two or more systems[one lappy], then cable lan + wifi net wud be better, coz the lan+net type BSNL wifi router has been discontinued i think.
but 100mbps or 1gbps connection is best for MP gamin.

aytus

The Boss
@ashu i really dont know when wud they b launching it.. but i hav seen a lot of requests in ideastorms and it is inevitable that dell dont know bout how many ppl are waiting.. the particular request is also shown "in progress" no one can pinpoint the date atm.
btw. hp has already revamped its dv series after 2 years.. dv5t will b a strong competitor to xps now..(the more the merrier) . their stock config hs some 9xxx processor and 9600gt.. expected to arrive this july ..and at 1560 dollars it. might b tempting enuf for me 2 switch sides..
check out this link for hp dv5t and tell is it gud enuf??

@arvind .. buddy can u tell exactly what is the model no. of those creative buds?? i was looking for ep-630 and if these r the same i may order more than one .. hows the sound quality with these??

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, its EP 630. Ive got 2 of em for free and a card saying "i can get more on special offer from dell".
I think they are only charging 450 bucks for EP 630. But 10~20 of em nd sell it locally. Its bout 800~850 locally.

And EP-630 simply rocks. But the o/p power from lappy is too powerful for Ep630. Cant even use 20% volume on windows sound. But the quality rocks.
Its too good when paired with a music player or a phone.
just search for its reviews.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^ i'm planning to get the dell XPS M1530...i plan to place the order online...is it better that i speak to a call executive and place the order via telephone? are there chances that i receive a discount if i do it this way?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
what sort of discounts can i expect? on their web site it says, offer valid till 20/6/2008...whats gonna change after that? coz i was planning to place order in july

VD17

Journeyman
Guys, I sent my DD's for the order today.
Here are the spec highlights
Intel C2D T5750
250GB HDD, Default screen, 4GB RAM, 8600GT, Creative HD Audio software, Bluetooth Headset (by default), Bluetooth Travel Mouse, Dell Backpack.
It cost me 58,897 including taxes, discounts and delivery. Before the discount, it came to around 62K. Fair deal, I suppose. Just can't wait for it to arrive here!!!

This is the hardest part, aint it? waiting for it to come.. heh

btw, Is there a way i can install XP 64bit edition? are the drivers available? couldnt find them on the site...
and yeah, i have HDD partitioning selected so i can multi-boot, if the need be. I was also thinking of tinkering with Fedora.

Last edited:

aytus

The Boss
@xbones. i just called them a couple of days ago.. my base config costed me 60,280 rupees .. tis was same on the site and what they sent in the quotation.. but the quotation they sent had some 4%(app rs.2500) vat and the same amount was discounted .. all in all it was cheaper by 1055 rupees .. for the same configration from the site.. including taxes..

@vinayak.. yarr i m also thinking about paying them by dd// can u tell me how much extra did it cost u when u opted for paying by dd (what amout did the bank charge)

also when i contacted dell they told me they dont hav the option to accept cheque.. but the site states otherwise? :(
@arvind .. did that card u stated had any particular number on it..?? or is it jst like an add?? means is the offer open to ny1 or jst 4 u ??

VD17

Journeyman
yaar... i dont remember... i actually got it as part of my edu loan... so the bank made the dd in their name...
and yeah, they do accept cheques but they dont prefer it since it takes time in clearing etc...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu i really dont know when wud they b launching it.. but i hav seen a lot of requests in ideastorms and it is inevitable that dell dont know bout how many ppl are waiting.. the particular request is also shown "in progress" no one can pinpoint the date atm.
btw. hp has already revamped its dv series after 2 years.. dv5t will b a strong competitor to xps now..(the more the merrier) . their stock config hs some 9xxx processor and 9600gt.. expected to arrive this july ..and at 1560 dollars it. might b tempting enuf for me 2 switch sides..
check out this link for hp dv5t and tell is it gud enuf??

@arvind .. buddy can u tell exactly what is the model no. of those creative buds?? i was looking for ep-630 and if these r the same i may order more than one .. hows the sound quality with these??

Well, to say u frankly, the specs look mouth watering.. :D
especially these---> Graphics CardNvidia GeForce 9600MVideo Memory512MB
:D:D:D:D:D

But, u knw wat dude, the DELL ka design kida (insect) in my mind lures me over to it (Dell's side) but today, after looking at the HP link u gave me, i was distracted..lol :D also, the Price of Rs.61K Also looks more promising as compared to Dell XPS version...

But, the one thing (related to design) im crazy abt is the circular DELL logo at the side of the DELL lappy (the point where the LCD Screen is attached to the main keyboard) :D:D

So, lets see.. i will personally go to a shop and see this HP lappy and tell u my experience..
Btw, guys, how is the DELL's XPS 1730 Lappy ?? I knw its a gaming Lappy but is it worth it?? stating the fact that it has a huge adn bulky 17" Screen ??? and a costly one too.. around Rs. 1 Lac :eek::eek:
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1730?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Last edited:

VD17

Journeyman
@all those who have recently bought stuff from dell
how frequently does the thing on "my order status" change? Mine is still in the manufacturing stage (was released to manufacturing on the 16th), And how long has it taken for you guys to recieve your laptops? they gave me an est. time of 7-10 days from 16th.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup, many of the guys here hv received their DELL masterpieces in less than a week, say 4-5 days.

But the delivery also depends on the location where u stay, for example, generally mumbai and delhi ppl get their orders delivered in 3-4 days at the MAX :)

Do not worry, urs will be delivered in the time specified by them (7-10 days)..

If, u are a bit concerned, do contact them either by e-mail or if u hv placed an order in ur location, then call them.. :)

Btw, @ to all, guys

how is the DELL's XPS 1730 Lappy ?? I knw its a gaming Lappy but is it worth it?? stating the fact that it has a huge and bulky 17" Screen ??? and a costly one too.. around Rs. 1 Lac :D

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

VD17

Journeyman
ok... just got screwed.. called em up and they said they have a shortage of batteries.. the manufacturing will be completed by the 26th... then customs and invoice ****... the rep. told me it'll be here by the first week of july...
this wait is the hardest part!!!

aytus

The Boss
yep .. there was a fire in lg,s battrey factory a couple of months ago.(they manufacture almost 50 percent battrey,s). thats the cause of the steep price hike of 9 cell battrey.. and now its starting to show signs of the same in 6 cell too.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------****************************************** ashu,, xps 1730 is good. u get sli gaming at ur disposal.. but ill rather opt for a full performance desktop if i was in ur shoes.. but if u r the kinda guy for whome all that matters is how much juice you can carry around wit you.. go wit it.. btw nvidia launched 260 and 280GTX // so ill advise u rather to spend on a desktop for some serious gamin.. if you already hav a quad pumped desk.. and got some real deep pockets.. go wit the highest end options of 1730.. otherwise its jst a waste of money.. you get almost similar performance (dont argue here) for a 1530 wit lot less mobility.. and 40k more.. also the physicx processor they are offering is not supported by most games.. and cuda can replace it nytime soon.. for me its a no no. waitin for amd 4870.. disappointed by 280...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Thanx for the reply dude, (yup, no arguing here..lol :D:D)

1.) Well, yes there is no Customisation option :( on that model (XPS 1730) apart from the basic config as displayed on their site :(

2.) Also, It only has a 256 MB nVIDIA card but its good its SLI tech (i guess there will be 2x256 MB cards in it to work as SLI), isint it ??

3.) I also feel the 1530's design is good also the mobility (as its less in size)..

4.) Still confused wich one to buy... (1530 or 1730) :(:(

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Nowadays everythin is gettin outdated very fast. SO no point in getting an expensive stuffs. 8600M GT is enuf for a 1400*900 res with med~high for most games, as of now.
Even if u get 8700 GT SLI, itt ll soon get outdates and u end up wasting all that money, and the lappy cannot even be used for other mobility purposes[almost 5KG].

Also SLI performance is unstable and SLI wud eat up loys of battery power. U can get double backup with a 9-Cell battery on XPS 1530[do opt penryne].
Or wait a while nd get one with 9600GT, which i think is a far better option than 8700GT SLI considering performance/price/battery/mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom