XPS M1530: a brief review

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
one highly highly reccomended software : SRS Audio Sandbox .... it does wonders to the audio output ... i've been using it for a few months now, and its just awesome. u know where to get it from

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but its(SRS) destroying the bass. For music, i like winamp 5.5 + enhancer.
SRS is ok for movies and games.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
WMP's srs murders the bass and sound. however, SRS Audio Soundbox enhances it without ny distortion. i love it

aditya_v

Broken In
The studio series has been launched in India guys, and they are offering HD3450 on 15" and
HD3650 on 17".

they are equipped with WXGA + CCFL and WXGA + WLED screens. ( no idea if its good or not)

aytus

The Boss
@dominator do you know the PLL of ur board? If u do u can try clockgen to oc ur processor. Altho the chances r tht it will autodetect. Hav u tried all the options in bios?
And btw if u get 3gb ram then 1gb from both sticks will dual channel and the remaining 1gb will be single channel. . Tho dual channel dosent affect performance that much. Source: tomshardware

gopz

In the zone
And btw if u get 3gb ram then 1gb from both sticks will dual channel and the remaining 1gb will be single channel. . Tho dual channel dosent affect performance that much. Source: tomshardware

Yes, you are correct. 1GB from both sticks will run in dual channel, the remaining 1GB in single channel.

This does not affect much for Intel based systems, but for AMD it makes a big difference to have dual channel functionality.

aytus

The Boss
BtW Do these support 5.1 channel audio? Will i be able to run my vs3251 or will it be only 2.1 output. I hv seen dual headphone jacks.

VD17

Journeyman
yeah... atleast my XPS does... a popup asks me to identify what is plugged in when i plug something in the mic socket. All the sockets can be changed by the user to output whatever they want.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
hi guys,
nybody in here know bout UTMT supported sim cards from any mobile service providers?
i wanna use/try the UTMT service using the sim card slot underneath the 6 cell battery.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Reliance phones now uses a special type of sim on their CDMA phones, dat needs to be inserted before activation

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I dunno whether they r UTMT SIMs, just ask them if it is UTMT, tell them u hav to talk to the technical guys rather than those receptionists

visor619

i dont live, i survive
@ dominator
ya,dell xps is a great choice n since u hv got urs recently, plz help me out wid the following-
1) what was the difference in the price shown on the site wen u configured it and the price u gt it for??
2)how is it posibl to get this discount??
3)there's no dell authorized dealer in my city.. wat wil happen if the notebook gives some trouble?? wil i hav to send it to them via courier or wil sum1 come from the company??
plz reply soon..hav to decide by sunday...
thanks

gopz

In the zone
hi guys,
nybody in here know bout UTMT supported sim cards from any mobile service providers?
i wanna use/try the UTMT service using the sim card slot underneath the 6 cell battery.

The slot is just a dummy. For actually using a SIM card based internet service, you will need to buy a WWAN card and instal it. Dell does not sell this in India.

So the SIM card slot is actually of no use, I am not even sure if you get a WWAN card from the US, whether it will work in India.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys they are not giving bluetooth headset as free...and price is really going up...so if anyone is planning to get one...get it soon..

Please tell me guys... Is pc version and mobile version of 8600 gt are same?

And is it safe to overclock it in a laptop... Coz lap's are prone to get heated...

Please clear my doubts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom