Xperia P vs Motorola Atrix 2 vs HTC Sensation

raghavgupta93

Right off the assembly line
I need a phone under 25k, powerful enough to handle a bit of high-end gaming, good camera (video recording not much of a concern), music quality is a high priority. Screen size and video playback capability important too.

I've zeroed in on these three phones-

Sony Xperia P
Motorola Atrix 2
HTC Sensation

I went through other posts on the forum but could not find a mention of the Atrix 2 anywhere. Please help me as to which phone I should buy.

aroraanant

Explorer
Atrix 2 is not recommended as motorola has shutted down many of service centers and also no one will find any moto store anywhere.It is just vanishing from India.The UI is also not good.
Sensation has got very good looks and a huge screen.I recommend it.And has also got a good build quality.
Xperia P looks good on papers, can't say much about it as I haven't hands on this device.

randomuser111

Technomancer
I would suggest Xperia P :)
Many reasons but mainly because it will see official Android 4.1 Jellybean update whereas Sensation and Atrix 2 won't as they are 2011 models.

Empirial

Youngling
Buy Motorola Atrix 2. I agree that you won't find many Moto Stores now-a-days but see the overall quality of Motorola Atrix 2/Razr XT910 is as good as Nokia/Samsung so it won't breakdown anytime soon. Though Atrix 2 will get ICS, I don't think Motorola will push Jelly Bean update for Atrix 2/Razr XT910.

X-jo

Broken In
I also had the same options, went for the Atrix 2 last week. I have heard that in someplaces atleast chennai, moto service centers are working fine and they don't even know about any news of them going to shut down. Same in Hyd too. Not sure about rest of the states.

I didn't go for Xperia P because of the inferior battery. And wouldn't for the sensation as battery just drains like hell if you text or take pics moderately on a daily basis.

Overall am very happy with the Atrix 2.

mitraark

Decrepit
Motorola Atrix 2 - Buy Online in India for Rs.21,000 as on 26th June 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

Rs 21,000

Price dropping quite fast :)

X-jo

Broken In
btw getting 24hrs backup with 10% remaining. idle time would be 4-5 hrs from that.. so basically getting 20hrs on the Atrix 2 which includes wifi on for 3-4 hrs and downloading 600MB via wifi..., rest all time gprs is switched on, whatsapp heavily, played games like temple run, extreme racer, moto racing for 2-3 hrs, 30 min of audio calls... what more do i need..

Motorola Atrix 2 - Buy Online in India for Rs.21,000 as on 26th June 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com

Rs 21,000

Price dropping quite fast :)

I don't think so, for 4-5 months since i started checking, its 22k on flipkart and 1k less on other online sites.. Price is rocksteady i would say :cool:

red dragon

Master troll
Atrix 2 is a fantastic phone!
Sadly Motorola did not promote it much.
At 21/22k it is the best vfm Android.I would any day prefer it over htc.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
well,
XPERIA P - Unibody build,sexy looks,confirmed ics update;susceptible battery life

Moto Atrix 2 - Slightly bulky,Awesome battery life,good build quality;Comes from Motorola,No news of ics,poor after sales service

HTC Sensation - Fastastic build,fastest processor on paper,gets ics through Cyanogenmod;susceptible battery life and last years phone...

VFM: Moto Atrix 2

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
HTC Sensation - Fastastic build,fastest processor on paper,gets ics through Cyanogenmod;susceptible battery life and last years phone...

VFM: Moto Atrix 2

I disagree with your statement "susceptible battery life". I'm on ICS now after flashing Android Revolution HD ROM and i'm easily getting 2 days of battery backup. My typical usage is 2 to 3 hours of music/FM per day, 1 hour of browsing, GPS for navigation, messaging and calls.
It might be last year's phone, but it easily beats the crap out of other phones in terms of build quality, battery backup, performance and UI.
IMO it's the best of the 3.

Top Bottom