randomuser111

Technomancer
SP 4.3 certified :)

Xperia SP Android 4.3 firmware certified with build 12.1.A.0.253 | Xperia Blog

Should roll out from 30th onwards :p

ashs1, haven't heard anything about L. :(

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I posted about a problem with Wi-fi on my phone, the phone was freezing on turning on Wi-fi. Just so that other people who might be facing this problem may know, I reset my phone to factory settings and the problem was solved.
The process did involve lot of backing up and restoring data and took almost a full day, but it was worth it.

BTW, after the reset I'm getting notification about update with build number 15.3.A.0.26. It has android 4.2. Should I update? Lots of people seem to be complaining of problems after updating?

ashs1

Padawan
@coolbuddy :

15.3.A.0.26 has 2 main bugs :

1. Transfer to sd card option does not work.
2. Many users have complained of screen flickering issue.

Apart, from these two major bugs, there is not much to complain about this update. Personally, i find there's a lot of improvement in camera pic quality after this update. Auto-Scene Recog & burst mode have been added ( love both these features ).
Pics are bit much sharper than it was in the previous update.

I'd say , go ahead & update it with 15.3.A.0.26 as it has been posted in the Xperia L official forums that another update will be released soon to fix the above bugs.

NOTE : After updating, Please ensure you perform a factory reset ( a must ). If you don't perform a factory reset, you could face some problems like : missing certain small apps; Hence, Always factory reset after every system update. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone facing issues with Camera? I found it much worse than my previous Lumia 620. Also sometimes while clicking photos, picture capturing is not sync'd with flash. What I mean is, say flash glows and the picture gets captured after it turns off which results in dark picture.

Yeah, I have tried pressing the camera button lightly, which makes the flash glow and focus, and after pressing it fully, the flash glows off and the picture is captured.

In some cases, it's more idiotic, like 1. Flash Glows, 2. Flash Turns off, 3. Picture captures, 4. Flash Glows again. This flash blinking sync problem with capturing is from day 1.

Can't say anything about what was before update, as I updated it on day 1.

Also I don't understand, how peoples on various reviews rates L's camera as one of the best or giving good rating? It's nothing compared to my previous 14k 620.

Even pictures in normal light, are not as sharp or clarity that my L620 had. On L620 after clicking picture, I can zoom on it on PC 2x - 3x. But here, on XL, on single zoom I can notice the pixels and all.

(Sorry, for my bad english, hope you guys get what I'm trying to say)

What I want to know is, am I missing something? Is there some setting or anything? Because the sample photos I see in reviews not even closer to my XL. To me it looks like they were taken with L620 :p

ashs1

Padawan
The latest update has indeed messed up the flash&pic capturing sync. ( Don't worry, this problem not isolated to you ). Flash is almost useless during night. It works good if you're taking macro pics, but its horrible during infinity mode.
I don't know which review you've read before buying XL, but imo, it performs a bit low for an Exmor RS lens. ( decent for most usage..i don't understand why sony advertised this as a mid-ranger camera-powerhouse ).

Hopefully, the picture processing algorithms are revised with the upcoming update.

viruss

Atarangi Keeda
Got my first Android phone Xperia L @ 15400 with 4 GB Memory card + Goft vouchers worth 25K ..
need to install best apps using apk. can somebody post it .

Question >> after inserting my sim in new xperia L it always shows Roaming Network. While same sim in my old Sont w810i shows home network. Why ?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Got my first Android phone Xperia L @ 15400 with 4 gb RAM + Goft vouchers worth 25K ..
need to install best apps using apk. can somebody post it .

Question >> after inserting my sim in new xperia L it always shows Roaming Network. While same sim in my old Sont w810i shows home network. Why ?

I want this too :rofl: :D

ashs1

Padawan
i think he bought the ram sticks for his pc. :p

@krishnandu.sarkar : i told them that you were not happy with xperia L's camera performance. They got scared & released the update today. lets hope the performance gets better.

New update (15.3.A.1.12) has just been released...its a bug fix update. ( not 4.3 or 4.4 :p )

Downloading now..20mb finished out of 695.7 mb :/

Top Bottom