Xperia L/SP thread

quagmire

Allllright !
Re: Xperia L/SP Owners Discussion thread

@Nipun, nice photography and location.. :thumbs:
XL seems to have the best camera under 20k phones..
Have you manually edited any of the photos?
Can you post some night shots ? Try messing with shutter speed etc.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

XPERIA L ROOT :)
[XL] [Root]Guide: Rooting Xperia L (C2104, C2105) - xda-developers

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

I See no one is doing the system update yet.... guess we are all too busy downloading Apps and Games :)
By the way is the update big? i am kinda tired of seeing that notification...and my net speed is very slow and erratic.
I will update today. Serpent has already done it. Took him 4 hours +.

I see the pics for L has really overdone reds. In my SP, the greens are too green!
When HDR was on, it did so.
Here's a comparison with HDR off & on. (Also noticeable in lake & crow pics above)
*i.imgur.com/FQZI623.jpg
When HDR is on, phone takes more time to capture the image.

why this new thread??there's already 2013 xperia lineup..
Most news there is about new phones coming from Sony and other phones. It would be nice to have a thread with just information about this specific phone. Mods may merge if they find this wrong though.

@Nipun, nice photography and location.. :thumbs:
XL seems to have the best camera under 20k phones..
Have you manually edited any of the photos?
Can you post some night shots ? Try messing with shutter speed etc.

Thanks. Not edited any of them. Will post night shots in, err, night?
I can try to mess with shutter speed etc, but I really don't know what does what so I will end up with completely wrong pics. Better let a someone else do this. :p

The camera is mostly to be used to capture beauty of Indian roads(see my signature), and it can do so in any settings so...

Last edited:

Hey guys, dont guys,when u install HD games,the huge ones, do u place the data files in Internal memory or SD card? FINAL FANTASY 3 runs only when I place the data file in internal memory's obb folder...

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

If Any SP owner has rooted. please provide me the link on how to root Ill add it in the main post

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
SP Root:
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2272741

Xperia L review
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l-review-934.php

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Some low light photo samples. Didn't take many photos, was busy, sorry.

With flash:
*i.imgur.com/M75z34sh.jpg

*i.imgur.com/iEA4auGh.jpg

Without flash, normal mode:
*i.imgur.com/lkKt6oFh.jpg

*i.imgur.com/gCYyf5gh.jpg

The above shot, with HDR on:
*i.imgur.com/1onHUXVh.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A funny thing about this phone, you can put in your sim without taking out the battery, but to change the memory card, you need to take out the battery. :facepalm:

GSMArena said:
You'll need
to remove the battery to get to
the SIM compartment

Not bad for a mid ranger :) surely the best 20k phone camers

Again, GSMArena says that, though the phone is competent, but surely not the best.

One surprising thing about L is it's loudspeaker test results. I bet it's the first ever Sony phone with a decent speaker volume kicking almost all.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
This is what happens when HDR is on with fast moving objects(or in this case, animals):
*sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/977634_627663073929269_1958979832_o.jpg

Umm hey guys..i never had this issue or noticed this issue with Galaxy S2... but on my Xperia SP, the data or obb files of Games go to the Internal memory by default... If i shift those data files to SD card, in the same directory (sd/android/dat) the game refuses to run.
Now on other phones, with internal as well as external ones, games used to run even when the data/obb files were in SD Card.
...... whats wrong with this Xperia?? Anyone else got the same problem? My 5.8GB internal memory is RED and full, only few MB free space left due to huge data files of games >_<

Top Bottom