XP not starting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato

Karthiksn
Guys i need ur help XP is not booting in normal mode only booting in safe mode.
It gets stuck even before the login screen shows up please help me.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
tell me wats wrong i cant figure out.I even restored my pc to a previous date still not working .The problem is that its stopping on the screen bfore login screen the one which has windows XP professional written on it.

anandk

Distinguished Member
seems to be some sortofa bootskin problem posibly.
try to boot in 'last known good configuration'.
try to do a system restore.

if they dont help, go to safe mode.
did u install any new applications/ programs recently ? if yes uninstall them.

then check up ur start-up entries. if u can, disable the non-microsoft ones' for the moment. u can use the xp tool, or else install winpatrol (in safe mode itself) and use it.

in safe mode also use 'ccleaner' or other such cleaner to clear ur pc junk.

hopefully it shud help. if it doznt, do revert pls.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
ppl i tried booting again in normal mode but it got stuck again i waitred for 20 minutes and it opened.Can anyone tell why has my system became deadslow and why it takes time to load to the login screen.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
no it makes the system run at snails pace and everything gets stuck so never installed a service pack

theraven

Technomancer
what did u do different that ur xp stopped booting ?
what was the last thing u worked on ?

also boot into safe mode and run system restore and restore to a point ur system was working fine

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
raven bhaiya read my earlier posts too i had done system restore and all those things but now the problem is it boots only after nearly 20 mins or sumthing after showing the windows XP professional loading screen.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Did u install softies like style xp or any softie like that?Try removing that. It also happened with me. I installed style xp and afterwards my pc was taking time to load all the servies.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
i uninstalled the windowsblinds some days ago and even removed many things and the last thing i was working on was katana mod.I was trying to unzip the files but it always kept getting stuck so i killed the processes and shutdown my pc as i had to go out.

theraven

Technomancer
hmm one of those moves screwed something up
but a system restore SHOULDVE worked in that case

so heres what ya do ,..
run sfc /scannow from start => run
it'll ask for xp cd .. pop it in

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
tried it still no hope can u tell me something there was a registry file in the katana mods zip file thuogh i never unzipped that file could it have done the damage.
As there is no need for registry file in max payne mods

sudeepg123

Broken In
Ur problem has no solution.Backup ur data and reinstall xp.If u have disabled any services enable them and try tweaking ur registry.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
XP now starting with very less problems though some of theof the programs are taking a lot of time. As raven had said i took time restored the system again and repaired it again it did the work but still computers a bit slow. Thanks everyone for the help as i can now boot without any problem. Thanks everyone again.

Gr8 my hundredth post and that also went in asking about my silly computer.Gr8 now atleast i feel i got hundred posts.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
kato said:
XP now starting with very less problems though some of theof the programs are taking a lot of time.
Gr8 my hundredth post and that also went in asking about my silly computer.Gr8 now atleast i feel i got hundred posts.

wat r those few problems. anything except late-loadin program problems???

CONGRATULATIONS! Hop u'll reach the next title soon.

Best Of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom