xp is auto logout immediately after login - pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumaran

Right off the assembly line
After I login to win xp, it was immediately logged out. it takes me to loading user preferences, then immediately to saving user settings without even showing the desktop.
It does NOT show any errors like paging file missing or virtual memory low.
:( Pls help me to fix this problem

mediator

Technomancer
1.Go to safe mode
2. Delete the existing error causing account and create a new one n then try!

One thing more is it sime activation problem?

OP
K

kumaran

verified in safe mode also but it shows same result (it was immediately logged out. it takes me to loading user preferences, then immediately to saving user settings without even showing the desktop.)

pls help

swatkat

Technomancer
Do you have Windows XP CD? If yes, then you can perform a Repair Install (this does not erase old data/settings).

How to perform Repair Install --> *www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm (Scroll down and click the "How to run a Repair install" link)

cryptid

Journeyman
i think i know the problem its a virus i guess it has made a registry key under all user and it logs u out every time u boot
i had written 1 like this its very stupid

-=-=-=virus.reg=-=-=-=
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\Current Version\Run]
virus = shutdown -s -f -t 30 -c "this is a virus that shutsdown ur computer on every startup within 30 secs"
==========end virus.reg============

well this will shutdown the computer the 1 i think ur infected with logs u off this reg file might have been packed under a batch file or a .exe file and u accidently ran the file

cryptid

Journeyman
i think i know the problem its a virus i guess it has made a registry key under all user and it logs u out every time u boot
i had written 1 like this its very stupid

-=-=-=virus.reg=-=-=-=
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\Current Version\Run]
virus = shutdown -s -f -t 30 -c "this is a virus that shutsdown ur computer on every startup within 30 secs"
==========end virus.reg============

well this will shutdown the computer the 1 i think ur infected with logs u off this reg file might have been packed under a batch file or a .exe file and u accidently ran the file

swatkat

Technomancer
No this can not be a virus. Because "Run" entries in the Registry are not executed while you boot in Safe Mode.

This problem can occur if there are some incorrect information about disk drives in Windows Registry.

OP
K

kumaran

hi, i am not having any xp cd, pls suggest any other way to solve this problem.
by editing any registry setting

i think iam removed the userinit.exe file from the startup. is that the reason for this problem? is any other way to add the file to the startup?

pls help

crashuniverse

In the zone
well i read a trick somewhere, i m not sure its the case with u but may be it works. there was a shortcut for "logoff" and put in startup. make sure u dont have this case... but how dou fix it when u cant login. cos dos entry needs pwd as such.

i guess a repair install is a better option as mentioned by somebody else.

OP
K

kumaran

when verifying with win xp cd it doesn't show any repair instal or any other option. during boot up it reads cd and it goes to os selection menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom