XP in two drives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoursnayak

Broken In
Guys..I've installed winxp in two partitions of my hd(in C:\ and in D:\)
Now during booting two options are coming as usual to select which os i need to boot.
Now what I want is to remove this delection and I want my pc to boot into D:\ directly....What I have to do for that?..

sashijoseph

In the zone
Open the 'boot.ini' file in your C-drive and remove the first entry found in the 'Operating Systems' section.Also set the 'default' value to the second entry.
Before editing make a backup of the boot.ini file just in case you mess up.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
start-->>right click my computer-->>properties-->>advance-->>startup and recovery-->>settings

startup and recovery windows page will open-->>edit

Boot.ini notepad page will open.

There you will find something like this:
Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

delete this line:
Code:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
save and close notepad

Now in startup and recovery windows-->>default operating system-->>
select windows XP installed in C:\ drive

Time to display list of operating system-->>make it to zero seconds-->>OK-->>Apply -->>Ok

restart your system.
done

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Just a doubt.
If i edit the text inside " " , then it shud appear as it is at boot time. But If we use A bit more words them its displayed incomplete at boot time, means some words ll be missing either from front or rear. Whys it so?

Also is there ny way we can add an image in background at this point[ by giving the file location or somethin in boot.ini].

Even a 256 colour image wud do.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
aravind_n20 said:
Just a doubt.
If i edit the text inside " " , then it shud appear as it is at boot time. But If we use A bit more words them its displayed incomplete at boot time, means some words ll be missing either from front or rear. Whys it so?
Simple dear, Because word length is limit.
Also is there ny way we can add an image in background at this point[ by giving the file location or somethin in boot.ini].

Even a 256 colour image wud do.
I am scared, there is no way to add image as background during OS selection.
Yeah, you can have change image of login screen.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But sometimes if we use less characters than default, then also it happens. And sometines if we use many words without space in b/w them then it wud be accepted. So its not coz of word limit i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom