[Complaint] xfx ati radeon card , AKSHAY ENTERPRISE

Company name: xfx

Product (be exact): xfx ati radeon hd 5670

Name of the distributor/service provider/dealer and location: AKSHAY ENTERPRISES , Room No. 23 , 2nd floor, 4 B.B.D. BAG , Kolkata -700 001

Date of purchase: 23/10/2010

Description of problems faced and the incident: the card stopped giving display on 25/03/2012 , i took the card to AKSHAY ENTERPRISES on 29/03/2012 , after repeated phone calls i got the replacement on 30/05/2012. He slotted in the card in a machine, and the machine gave display, thus it was tested. i was charged Rs.700 (was initially asked for Rs. 750). the receipt i got has Rs. 0 as amount , so when i asked him for the receipt for the Rs. 700 he charged , he wrote the figure himself and signed (attached). he said the card is no longer under warranty.

at home while slotting it in , i noticed the thin transparent film on the cover which is to be removed before using was missing.
to test the card i installed mafia 2 and tried playing , the display frooze , windows 7 gave an alert , "ati driver stopped responding" . i have tried the mass effect 2 , the display still freezes from time to time , and i get the same " driver stopped responding " (alert from taskbar) . at times it recovers on its own in mass effect2.

i have tired reinstalling the driver , updating to the latest driver , to the stock driver than came with the card . nothing changes . instead while installing the driver i got the BSOD a couple of times .

i am attaching the final delivery receipt i received. I Seek forum member advice as to how to proceed next . thank you .*i50.tinypic.com/281r5t4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

daemonix

blitz
u ****ing kidding me???
only 2Yrs have passed....whats the name of the guy?

i am not complaining because my card failed within 1.5 years of purchase , but that the replaced card has started faulting from day 1 , i dont knw how many days it will last before i have to switch back to the onboard, and i paid Rs. 700 for the RMA , to answer your question i dont knw the name of the guy , but i have his sign on the receipt .

saswat23

Human Spambot
You mean the new replacement you got has this problem. I doubt whether it is new or he simply gave you an old one.

And why will anyone pay for RMA when its in warranty?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
i am not complaining because my card failed within 1.5 years of purchase , but that the replaced card has started faulting from day 1 , i dont knw how many days it will last before i have to switch back to the onboard, and i paid Rs. 700 for the RMA , to answer your question i dont knw the name of the guy , but i have his sign on the receipt .

cards should have 3yrs of warranty...you should raise an issue with xfx.
the thing card warranty ended within 2yrs made me kinda shocked.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
You mean the new replacement you got has this problem. I doubt whether it is new or he simply gave you an old one.

And why will anyone pay for RMA when its in warranty?

yes as i have already stated in the complaint , i have doubts abt the replacement being a new card , and i had to pay Rs.700 for RMA, as the attachment shows , the point what are options i have now ? ..or do i have ny ? i have seen many similar threads complaining abt AKSHAY ENTERPRISES..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Register here: Support
Contact there directly to XFS helpline and attach the photocopy of your invoice, RMA receipt. That would be enough for them to work with.

And you shouldn't have paid that 700/- at the first place.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
Register here: Support
Contact there directly to XFS helpline and attach the photocopy of your invoice, RMA receipt. That would be enough for them to work with.

And you shouldn't have paid that 700/- at the first place.

A) i have already posted a complaint there ,but as you might be aware, there is no space for image uploading

B) check other threads , akshay enterprise always charges for rma. and what would i have done ? ..its not the 700 bucks i am complaining abt.. its the malfunctioning card he gave after making me wait for 2 months and charging me unnecessarily .

tkin

Back to school!!
Well I once owned a HD5850 imported by akshay, it got screwed within a month, took it for rma, didn't charge me anything, got a replacement after 1.5 months after repeated phone calls and visit, but I have vowed to stay away from Akshay(also XFX) ever since due to their behavior and attitude.

And to all those advising to contact xfx, don't bother, they don't give a a damn.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
Well I once owned a HD5850 imported by akshay, it got screwed within a month, took it for rma, didn't charge me anything, got a replacement after 1.5 months after repeated phone calls and visit, but I have vowed to stay away from Akshay(also XFX) ever since due to their behavior and attitude.

And to all those advising to contact xfx, don't bother, they don't give a a damn.

how recent was this ? is the replacement working fine ?

see i dont really regret paying the extra buck , its just that the replacement seems faulty as well , now since i have a receipt acknowledging the payment i made for the rma that is supposed to be free , i was hoping i could somehow leverage this to my advantage and get myself a new replacement .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
see i dont really regret paying the extra buck ,

you should in the first place.

its just that the replacement seems faulty as well

so what ? a new or even a replacement card can be faulty.

now since i have a receipt acknowledging the payment i made for the rma that is supposed to be free

RMA is always free if the product is under warranty * ( read below ).

i was hoping i could somehow leverage this to my advantage and get myself a new replacement .

actually they ( AKSHAY ENTERPRISE ) took the advantage.

If your product is under warranty you may get an equivalent replacement product which may be a brand new, repaired or a refurbished one - if the replacement is working you have to accept it .

if a replacement product is not available anymore for your product which you send for RMA then the RMA provider ( or manufacturer ) can ask you to pay a little amount to give you an upgraded product or else they will give an option for credit note.

They never can compel you to pay an amount decided by them without giving you the appropriate options at the first place.

Now coming to your issue - your submitted gpu for RMA and the replacement GPU is from the same series - so it should be free of charges and they have no authority to ask for money for the replacement part in legitimate way and they just can't write as per their wish that the warranty is over for the GPU they have given you - the warranty period should be the same when you first bought the gpu.

Moral of the story : AKSHAY ENTERPRISE guys are ven worse than Rashi.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
you should in the first place.

so what ? a new or even a replacement card can be faulty.

RMA is always free if the product is under warranty * ( read below ).

actually they ( AKSHAY ENTERPRISE ) took the advantage.

If your product is under warranty you may get an equivalent replacement product which may be a brand new, repaired or a refurbished one - if the replacement is working you have to accept it .

if a replacement product is not available anymore for your product which you send for RMA then the RMA provider ( or manufacturer ) can ask you to pay a little amount to give you an upgraded product or else they will give an option for credit note.

so is there nythg that i can do ? ///apart from whining i mean

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ look at post no. 8

@ OP - who said you can't do nothing ? You have to go step by step -First mail any higher authority of AKSHAY ENTERPRISE with scanned image of the appropriate docs and the whole incident in a chronological order and clearly mention what you want from them.

BTW, did you register the gfx card after you bought it ?? What was written on Rem War/Gur area when you first submitted the GPU for RMA ?? Do you have a photocopy / scanned image of the first RMA doc ??

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
^^ look at post no. 8

@ OP - who said you can't do nothing ? You have to go step by step -First mail any higher authority of AKSHAY ENTERPRISE with scanned image of the appropriate docs and the whole incident in a chronological order and clearly mention what you want from them.

BTW, did you register the gfx card after you bought it ?? What was written on Rem War/Gur area when you first submitted the GPU for RMA ?? Do you have a photocopy / scanned image of the first RMA doc ??

a) yes i had the card registered when i bought it
b) i dont think there was such a category , it just said described the problem , had purchase and bill date, and my contact details
c) i have none , i nvr imagined i would need it

i couldnt find ny "higher authority" , its this lil cramped 6ft x 6ft x16ft box
..and it appears to be a lone man show ..

.. akshay enterprise has many similar complaints posted against it all over the internet .. and yet he stands tall and runs the show .. and all this is possible because xfx has turned a blind eye to the situation .. a stupid bot is all they have for indian customers ..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you have registered the gfx card then XFX is liable to provide you RMA support - just mail them and tell them to handle the RMA procedure through their biggest distributor here ie Rashi Peripherals.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
^^ if you have registered the gfx card then XFX is liable to provide you RMA support - just mail them and tell them to handle the RMA procedure through their biggest distributor here ie Rashi Peripherals.

doesnt work that way, only the reseller who sold the card can provide rma , the only alternative xfx provides is shipping the card back to them.. which takes way too much time , and way too much money .. ; \

tkin

Back to school!!
how recent was this ? is the replacement working fine ?

see i dont really regret paying the extra buck , its just that the replacement seems faulty as well , now since i have a receipt acknowledging the payment i made for the rma that is supposed to be free , i was hoping i could somehow leverage this to my advantage and get myself a new replacement .
A year back and yes, the card still works(sold it last year).

Top Bottom