XDA Forums opens the new "bada" section.

D

Deleted member 26636

After a lot of requests from a lot of members, XDA Forums finally opens a section for Samsung's proprietary "bada" os that is present in its Wave series of Phones. here's the LINK.

hope to see all the wave owners there. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thats a really good news...if u got xda support..nothing can stop u from hacking/porting/rooting etc:lol:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It's a good news indeed, but frankly I don't believe Samsung and 'bada' for that matter.
BTW- I am a Wave owner for 6 months..

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

It's a good news indeed, but frankly I don't believe Samsung and 'bada' for that matter.
BTW- I am a Wave owner for 6 months..

i am a wave owner for 3 months now..i've given up hope on samsung...they've almost abandoned bada, don't listen to customer complaints at all :cry: .everything has to be done on the user end.

sujoyp

Grand Master
But samsung is releasing an update for bada 1 ...and they have already made Bada 2 with more features

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
GSMarena.com - Samsung S8500 wave all set for a BADA 1.2 Update

Wave will get an update to bada 2 or 1.2. But don't know when (in india actually)???

BTW nice to hear that now wave has XDA support. Wave deserve this :)
I m willing to port android on wave, provided its possible :-D

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

GSMarena.com - Samsung S8500 wave all set for a BADA 1.2 Update

Wave will get an update to bada 2 or 1.2. But don't know when (in india actually)???

BTW nice to hear that now wave has XDA support. Wave deserve this :)
I m willing to port android on wave, provided its possible :-D

yeah...we all wish for the same things...wave would be the best phone then..

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

samsung has already delayed the official launch of bada 1.2....its good that we have access to the leaked version of 1.2. the newest leak XXJL2 is very good..the phone feels ultra fast & smooth.

the problem with bada right now is actually a lack of interest from a greater section of developers. there are some pretty good apps but some of the bare necessities like a good IM app or a good facebook app are missing. samsung is not doing enough on their end to improve these & we are not really seeing developers come up with better alternatives. Hope all this will change though, bada is being kept alive by the efforts of the users.if they gave up on it...it wouldn't have survived till now, owing primarily to a lack of samsung support ignoring its users requests. :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
i am a wave owner for 3 months now..i've given up hope on samsung...they've almost abandoned bada, don't listen to customer complaints at all :cry: .everything has to be done on the user end.
Anybody will give up on Samsung. They always LIE about their firmware update stuffs. When I had the O-HD they said officially that a firmware update will come in January, which never came. I should've learnt a lesson that time, but now I have. This is the last ever Samsung for me.
And as per bada 1.2, yes they said Unlocked European Wave's will get bada 1.2 in early January, and others will get it by Q1. Still I don't believe them. I also can guarantee that bada 2.0 will never come out for Wave, so IF 1.2 comes out that would the final update for Wave S8500.
Selling mine in two weeks time, will go for either Android/WP7.

Regards.

PS- Please don't mind if I said any harsh words, it all came out of frustration to Samsung.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
samsung = late. at least its better than Motorola & Sony. they openly declared many of the mobiles won't get any Android update. also BADA is late. it should have came before Android became famous. now when almost the whole ocean dominated by Android, BADA have to take the backseat.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Anybody will give up on Samsung. They always LIE about their firmware update stuffs. When I had the O-HD they said officially that a firmware update will come in January, which never came. I should've learnt a lesson that time, but now I have. This is the last ever Samsung for me.
And as per bada 1.2, yes they said Unlocked European Wave's will get bada 1.2 in early January, and others will get it by Q1. Still I don't believe them. I also can guarantee that bada 2.0 will never come out for Wave, so IF 1.2 comes out that would the final update for Wave S8500.
Selling mine in two weeks time, will go for either Android/WP7.

Regards.

PS- Please don't mind if I said any harsh words, it all came out of frustration to Samsung.

there's nothing to mind.....i understand completely...

samsung = late. at least its better than Motorola & Sony. they openly declared many of the mobiles won't get any Android update. also BADA is late. it should have came before Android became famous. now when almost the whole ocean dominated by Android, BADA have to take the backseat.

i hear the official updates for samsung galaxy s were pretty late too...i read a lot of user complaints on various forums..

Top Bottom