• Gaming PC

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
PC.

I have a good gaming config and I own a couple of consoles too. I like gaming on PC more than consoles. Plus my X360 died in 6-7months so all money wasted :( WTF! My PS2 is still good and running but no new titles are coming out on it (atleast any good ones arent coming...). I also have a PSP but its a portable gaming console and it dosent fit into this. I love my PC more than all my consoles. PC>All Consoles IMO.

I although am a PC but prefer X360 inspite of the heart breaking and deafening prices of the x360 game discs becoz they are much more convenient for gaming and the pleasing control system. You might not agree with me so i do not want a fight over this.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^No system is meant for Hardcore or Casual gamer... and if you think that X360 is meant for hardcore gamers than you are wrong coz its the other way around ;).

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
Ohh, so you mean I can get Geforce 8/9 series or Radeon R600 or above to work on my windows XP??

& one more thing - Shd I wait for DX11 to be released? Or is upgrading soon okay?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DX11 may release on April 2009 though not sure.
It's OK to buy a Dx10 or 10.1 ready gfx card now.

You should buy Geforce 9 series cards Like 9800GTX+ - It's DX10 compliant
Palit ( ATI ) HD4850 ( Recomended ) - It's Based on RV770 core & is DX10.1 Compliant

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
Assuming I decide to upgrade my PC, Is the following a good idea??:

"Get my PC upgraded with a DX9 compatible card...with WinXP running on it.
Then when Windows 7 releases in Dec 09 - I upgrade to that with a DX11 card.."

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Shash
there is no point in upgrade with a dx9 card.
If you want to enjoy gamming now buy atleast 9600gt for Rs. 5800.

rock_on

Right off the assembly line
First and foremost piracy is no reason to choose one thing over another.Second I would say 360 because that 18-20k upgrade you are talking about probably wont last you more than 2 years.Heck just check out the requirements of gta4,a recent release and you will see what I mean.Plus all console games WILL run on consoles.Pc not so much

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
If you really wanna know which one to get....
i would say "gaming rig" its simple as that pc games are more customizable thay are more texture rich.....you just need to change one part here and there and ur rig is good to go....
in case of consoles per game in India cost around 1k-3.5k!!!!
every game has some problem with Fps,texture quality,load problems,red ring of dead(x360).
All games are produced for pc as well as consoles except exclusive titles........
atlast you are the master you decide.....!

go for this thread you decide =
*www.gamespot.com/features/6202552/index.html?tag=topslot;thumb;4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom