Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Gaming PC

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shash

Broken In
This decision is really tough. Shd I upgrade my computer to max or shd I go for an Xbox 360?
I have been a PC gamer all my life and I'm very used to keyboard/mouse controls. Upgrading the PC will cost around 18-20K.
The Xbox under the christmas offer is coming for 15K (all incl. of taxes) with a wireless controller, HDD yada yada yada

Games cost 2K on the Xbox...but that's not something I'm woried about. Can someone pls help me decide which I shd go for??

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
voted 360...

but i would upgrade pc... coz most games..or exclusives in 360 come to PC anyways...

not from ps3 though

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you are ready to pay for games, Xbox 360 is the way to go. It's awesome and lives longer than a top end pc gaming card.

amitash

Intel OCer
PC i would say...simply because of the price of the (ahem) games and you can do a whole lot more than gaming on a pc

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
PC: I have a 17'' CRT monitor. If I go for a graphics card, it'll probably be Geforce 8800 Ultra or one from the Radeon R600 series...
Plus, I already have 2 laptops so the advantage of doing 'more than gaming' on a PC is not really there...

Total cost would be high...but I can play pirated games which come for rs. 100 from then on..
Xbox: I pay 15k..+2.2K for Live + 2K for every game...

This is not easy to decide...

Is PC gaming the future?
Or is Xbox the way to go?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I do think there is option to mod xbox360 and then use pirated games.

let's not discuss about pirated games here.

But seriously, once you get used to playing on xbox360, I don't think you will like gameplay on PC. And if you are just a casual gamer, just get a modded PS2 for 7k or so and enjoy hundreds of titles.

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
I wudve chosen the 360...but the major drawbacks:
I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable with the controller after 12+ yrs of PC gaming
The cost of each game title is 2K. Modding an Xbox makes playing Live impossible.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If felt uncomfortable when I used xbox 360 controller (for pc) at first but it's lot lot lot more easier to use the controller than using both my hands and it's ergonomically better s you don't strain your fingers much when compared to gaming with k/b and mouse.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Agreed. Yes. they are. Maybe because it's easier to pirate PC titles than for consoles. Seriously, game developers get most of the profit from the games that they sell for consoles. There is no way for them to stop the huge amount of piracy that is happening in PC gaming sector. That is why they rub the price on console gamers. :)

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
Graphics-wise..which one is better?
I've heard people say PC graphics are unbelievable, superb yada yada yada
But the others say the major reason why consoles are sold are because of the AMAZING graphics..

So what's the truth?
Honest answers pls

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go with gaming PC reason is simple - You can upgrade whenever you want.
And with only Rs. 10000 you could get a powerful DX10 gfx card that is better than xbox 360 gfx core which is DX9C only.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos_(graphics_chip)
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos_(graphics_chip)

BTW what hardware cofig do you currently have ?
Don't buy 8800 Ultra or anything like that.

Buy -
Palit HD 4850 for Rs. 9000-9500 ( Best VFM
MSI or Evga 9800GTx+ for Rs. 12500 - 13500

They are more than enough to play most of the curret games @ high setting

OP
S

Shash

Broken In
I currently have a Radeon 9200 whic supports Shader Model 1.4, therefore its obsolete. I already have a monitor, spkr, mouse, keyboard yada yada yada.

So an upgrade shd cost the same as the Xbox Core system - 17 to 18K. Besides I have a 17'' CRT monitor.

I'm a bit inclined towards a new PC...
am i heading in the right direction?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
I would go with Xbox 360 cause you wouldn't have to upgrade any thing ever and if you already have a decent enough PC then you can do your other stuff like listening to music or watch movie and play PC games as well so i think if you buy Xbox then its totally a 'win - win' situation.

sumitdut

Broken In
Always go For PC
if u want to know the quality of grafics provited by pc or XBOX360.........
go to gamespot.com and c the differences of lightning diffence between them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom