Status
Not open for further replies.

radonryder

Broken In
You guys cant really compare this to dmc...

Saying stuff like"This game is not like to be discussed in any forum. Because this is the worst game I have ever played. You better stop playing games but don't buy this game."
i feel is going a bit to far...(quoted in good faith...not tryng to flame;jojothedragon)

Dmc was made by capcom...and they have years of experience making really awesome games...
From what i know
X blades was first made my some third party developer only in the Russian language under the name "oniblade"...
Then it was translated to english and other languges and ported to differnet consoles...
And for that i think they did a pretty decent job(considering their background)...
Combats not bad but its not that great either...
The graphics are really good although im not too happy with some of the way some of the monsters look....
I really liked the bgm though...
The Dont like the VO for the game at all..maybe the original russian voices are better...wish i could change the VO to russion and keep the interface in english
(have'nt tinkered too much with the options so cant say)
Also the whole atmosphere of the game appeals more to anime fans..

Overall its a pretty decent game....whereas its not at all addictive its good for a distraction...

Iv heard people say that the games wayy better on a 360 controller....
cant comment on that one since i don't have one(will be getting one in the futue:))

I'v played the game for around ~2-3 hours.....dont intend to pick it up any time soon(gotta finsih up Tsukihime and Fate/stay night:D)

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
From what i know
X blades was first made my some third party developer only in the Russian language under the name "oniblade"...
Then it was translated to english and other languges and ported to differnet consoles...
And for that i think they did a pretty decent job(considering their background)...
Combats not bad but its not that great either...
The graphics are really good although im not too happy with some of the way some of the monsters look....
I really liked the bgm though...
The Dont like the VO for the game at all..maybe the original russian voices are better...wish i could change the VO to russion and keep the interface in english
(have'nt tinkered too much with the options so cant say)
Also the whole atmosphere of the game appeals more to anime fans..

Overall its a pretty decent game....whereas its not at all addictive its good for a distraction...

Iv heard people say that the games wayy better on a 360 controller....
cant comment on that one since i don't have one(will be getting one in the futue:))

I'v played the game for around ~2-3 hours.....dont intend to pick it up any time soon(gotta finsih up Tsukihime and Fate/stay night:D)
I understand where you're coming from. This game would never be compared to DMC series as it's a whole different ball game altogether. Like I said before, you would be playing this game only if you have time to kill. I had that time & I completed it & hence the comment. I don't know about the rest but I place my opinions based on the entire game experience. If you can notice my very first post in this thread, I considered this game as decent. That was impression only after 10-20 minutes of rough game time.

I played the whole game & towards the end, there was nothing left but battling the same set of enemies & repeated locations. I'm not an Anime fan but being quite familiar with the genre, I'd say it doesn't measure up. And even if I don't compare it to any other game in it's genre, it's still a pretty loose game.

The attacks were sub-standard & had virtually no variation. Ayumi seemed to sway those blades in same set piece. It was like trying to play pinata with a sword. Spells were OK'ish to be honest. I loved 'Earthquake' & 'Flower spell' attacks as they had a good impact. The rest were just a bunch of light sources being emitted. Guns could be upgraded but had hardly any impact. Boss fights were annoying to say the least. It gets extremely repetitive having to battle the same bunch of enemies over & over again. The english voice acting is horrible, feels like it's been written by a 6 year old kid.

Trust me, I tied to love this game but it could be a very average game, if I want to be really generous. Given, Gaijin is a very new entrant in the gaming scenario but, a bad game is a bad game. There's no 2 ways about it. They have potential but it needs to be polished up. I might give their next game (if any) a second chance.

So try and complete the whole game & then let us know how you feel. I'll be here in case you want to discuss about this game. No hard feelings mate. :wink:

You guys cant really compare this to dmc...

Saying stuff like"This game is not like to be discussed in any forum. Because this is the worst game I have ever played. You better stop playing games but don't buy this game."
i feel is going a bit to far...(quoted in good faith...not tryng to flame;jojothedragon)

Yes this game cannot be compared to dmc. But have you played Hellgate London? These two game are pretty much alike and suckz as well. Some sucking points in these both games:-

1)Enemies appear and cover you like a crowd.
2)Lack of good moves and acrobatics.
3)Same repetitive locations to travel again and again.
4)Very poor magic moves and all that super stuff.
5)Very bad AI actions when they get beaten.

But one thing that i like about this game is that the bgmusic is very good.

radonryder

Broken In
i was just voicing my opinion thats all....
like you guys said... im only a few hours into the game so my judment may be biased....
I'll try and get more into the game...hopefully its brearable:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom