WTF ?? Is yahoo hacked ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi all..

i was today taken back by few things which happened...

first ...

one of my friends on my yahoo messenger ... gave a message... which was like ...full of medical related spam...

i thought.. ok a random one.. he could have logged in somewhere and could have landed with being sent with spam to all his friends..

then i was shocked when i got similar spam from a email Id ... a friend of mine .. who has passed away months back....

here is screenshot ...

*i43.tinypic.com/v58sx1.jpg

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Also see this post .......

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Almost same thing happened with my yahoo ID a couple of days back when my friend Rohan Shenoy (victor_rambo here) complained to me about sending some drugs related SPAMs to him. In fact, I was not even online on that moment, so I was really shocked. May be someone is playing foul with our IDs. :x

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
this is not it..

i recieved a spam from my id...

even though i have changed the passwor.d...

but wht is happeneing ????

Mystic

wise one
Worm. Get your whatever security suite updated [Kaspersky | ESET]. Just to be assured you haven't been infected, go to safe mode, and run the scan. This might sort it out.

Nothing you can do if you're "receiving" them, not sending, avoid clicking on the link.

No one 'hacked' into your yahoo account, so don't worry.

Most likely to be a worm/infection.
Clean your PC using Kaspersky/ NOD32.
It should fix it
BTW what AV are you using?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i do agree ...

but guys read ... i got a spam mesage on yahoo messenger from a friend who passed away few monehs backk:-(

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
This is definitely not some weird virus case or something like that. In my case, MY PC WAS NOT EVEN TURNED ON at the time of that event. How can some malware even attack from a PC which is not turned on?

My scenario along with naveen's is the effect of someone playing foul with our IDs and passwords.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Almost same thing happened with my yahoo ID a couple of days back when my friend Rohan Shenoy (victor_rambo here) complained to me about sending some drugs related SPAMs to him. In fact, I was not even online on that moment, so I was really shocked. May be someone is playing foul with our IDs. :x

what victor_rambo is Rohan Shenoy? :shock:

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys ok here is a pic...

hope u guys see it for urselves...

*i41.tinypic.com/2hd2l5c.jpg

how the hell is this possible...

red_devil

Back!
well if you're surprised that you're getting spam mails from your ID [..as in the your screenie of a woman admiring a commode.. :D ] then fear not...its not anything new / you are not the only person getting this :

check this :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105426&highlight=spam+from+my+email

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
This is definitely not some weird virus case or something like that. In my case, MY PC WAS NOT EVEN TURNED ON at the time of that event. How can some malware even attack from a PC which is not turned on?

My scenario along with naveen's is the effect of someone playing foul with our IDs and passwords.

yes this is not a virus..

may be database of yahoo is compromised...

i recieved spammms from my friend yesterday ..

when he later came online that night.. he was shockedto hear about the spam..
i asked him to change the the password...he did it...

this is really some big issue... guys...

and i have been seeing loads of accs being published in underworld sites...

:x:x:x:x

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Yup! Lot of Y! accounts seemed to be compromised. This maybe caused if you logged in from a cyber cafe and their systems were infected. This happened to s18000rpm long back and even I was annoyed :D Regarding the gmail id pic, it's very common. You even get spam messages which has the sender as 'me' which means it's been sent from your own id, but that's not the case. Keep changing passwords. Well, you know the drill.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys this is totally weird...

this id which belongsto my friend who is no more ( passed away ) has logged now .. as i am writing this ....

how can it happen ??

*i43.tinypic.com/dnegbr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom